• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

SlimShady
I don't know if it would affect it that much. I know some special points are given for special things we see in the updates, whether or not they have to do with the challenge itself. This will go into the *efford* category.
But at one or another time, landmarks, parks, police, fire, watersystems, electricity producing plants etc and so on......will be asked for. You decide if you want to create the full region with no cheatplops or not. I on my side am pretty sure that we can do some good stuff with regular playing as long as we keep a serious eye on our budget, right?.
The worst that can happen is that you will have to cheat with yourself here and there a little bit (only if necessary) Good luck

mrb  ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

SlimShady

I will keep that in mind.  ()stsfd()

When will the game offically start , because I don't know how long my computer will take to render the map. I really would like to join in on this.  ;D

soulchaser

Hey SlimShady, semms we are going to have the same restrictions to ourselves. I'll try to build in a realistic way, too , as I always do. The only thing I "cheat" is a mayoral lottery, a Ordinance Mod I modified a bit.

I really can't wait for the GRVII to start

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

There is no official date to begin yet, but I would like to give the chance to everyone to start at the same time. We will wait a week or so, maybe 10 days.
We also have some more things to prepare concerning the detailing of the pointage and challenges, not all have yet been put on paper, so to speak. The preparing for us to have this challenge running smooth once it starts, is quite a challenge for me and my wife too.....lol.
So figure in between 6 and 10 days when this officially starts, more than enough time for SlimShady to render the map.

Pat

OK hmmm I dunno I am still sitting on the fence here about joining in... Why is because with the 3RR collaborators starting soon, Waterfalls a running, and then there is GRV II Bordertown...

Yes Jim aka Jmyers I know you said at one point it would be great to see me in but hmmm???  My city building skills suck and well I love to make creeks and rivers via TPW with all the wonderful flora out there... That is more my niche there... Now to try and compete against a lot of great players as I see lining up is astounding to me!!!

So that is why I am sitting on the fence.. Don't get me wrong at all Fred I would love to play and see what challenges do come up!!!  I would be certain that if there is a challenge around Nature setting I could do some great stuff with it but other then that I would be a epic fail otherwise...

Cheers,

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Pat, I can't force you, nor do I want to. You have to decide to join us, but let me tell you this and as I have said before, it is NOT the best SC4Player that might win. Every challenge is judged on four things most of the time:

- time spent on the project
- quality shown as creation and angle of picture (not photoshopped)
- logical positions of plops
- real life reference
- and presentation of the update

So, everyone might have a chance to win. Besides, you don't have to win, joining might be more fun that SC4 hasn't delivered us for awhile now.
I consider myself as a good player, whether with or without cheats, but I haven't joined to win, but to have simple fun and being a part of something we all together do at the same time. That is why I play and I hope I will not win and leave the honor to someone who really deserves it. Lynncanox won't let me win anyways......

Think about it   &Thk/(

Fred

The_Hutt

If I might make a suggestion: seeing as playing time is going to be 10 days per update, it might be a good idea to use either a...

- Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun, or a
- Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon

...schedule. Having two weekends available makes a big difference for me in terms of how much time I can devote to it, what with my studies and all, and I'm sure a lot of others can say the same thing.

mrbisonm

To be honest I haven't thought of that at all, so this is an excellent idea, The_Hutt   and it couldn't have come at a better time. Of course having two weekends will change things for some and probably even most of us, so it'll be like:

- Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun

It might turn out that sometimes the challenges will be on saturday morning instead of a friday night, all depending on my free time also, but we should be able to present you the Challenges mostly on friday nights after our (Lynn and I) regular visit to the restaurant and you will have the time until the next sunday night to accomplish the demands.

Thanks very much for bringing this up, The_Hutt, that was indeed a great idea, greatly appreciated. I will incorporate this idea in the rule and restrictions section right away.

mrb

Pat

Hey Fred thank you and I know you cant force anyone at all... You did bring up a good slogan though I think would be awesome to use "but I haven't joined to win, but to have simple fun and being a part of something we all together do at the same time."  That right there has made me go to the other thread  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

I'm considering throwing my hat in... I've been thinking about getting back into city building again, and this might be a good way to do it!  One question about the timing... I get how the Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun would work... but what happens on Mon-Tue-Wed-Thur in between?  Just a break?  And would it be just those 4 days, or until the NEXT Friday?

EDIT:

Never mind... I just reread the rules and it makes sense again!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Quote from: CabraBuitre on March 11, 2009, 09:16:52 PM
I'm considering throwing my hat in... I've been thinking about getting back into city building again, and this might be a good way to do it!  One question about the timing... I get how the Fri-Sat-Sun-Mon-Tue-Wed-Thr-Fri-Sat-Sun would work... but what happens on Mon-Tue-Wed-Thur in between?  Just a break?  And would it be just those 4 days, or until the NEXT Friday?

EDIT:

Never mind... I just reread the rules and it makes sense again!

It was mentioned in the Challenges Board and not in the rule thread (I think), right in the beginning of the thread. 10 days for you and 4 days for the judges to calculate the points, read and look at all the entries and preparing the next challenge. So we always come back to friday night where the new challenges will be posted.
Don't forget to apply in the *Joining the GRV II* section. ;)

JoeST

Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

Hey Fred I just downloaded the Map to use and all I got was a SC4M file and I cant find the config.bmp file for it... Thought I was able to use SC4T to open as well? But when I try SC4T locks up on me...

metarvo

Pat, you must start a new region first in SC4.  Name it Bordertown or whatever you want to use for GRV II.  Exit SC4 and go to your Regions folder.  There should be a config.bmp in the folder for your GRV II region that you just created.  Edit it to be an 8 x 6 image and make sure every pixel is green.  Now, you should be able to open the new config.bmp in SC4T.  Import the GRV II SC4M file and save it.  The GRV II region should be there next time you open SC4.  I hope this helps, Pat.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Pat

Oii thank you Metarvo for reminding me of that simple step i forgot!!! Man I feel like a NooB lol

mrbisonm

Sorry I didn't attach the config file but I thought when creating the region it automatically creates a config.bmp. I am new to these terraforming programs.

Just to make sure that you'll get it, I have attached it below.

mrb

mightygoose

out of interest did you ever run the GRV1.5 on that map the rock?????
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Quote from: mightygoose on March 13, 2009, 08:16:14 AM
out of interest did you ever run the GRV1.5 on that map the rock?????

Not officially, but I played on it for personal fun, it was a nice experience to build something on it.(still under construction). I will be showing it in my CJ on ST (57 regions and one gouvernor) later this year. Do you want that map? I could upload it to the STEX or LEX.

The Rock

Is it this one you meant?

Fred

Pat

Its all good there Fred and thank you for the BMP  :thumbsup:

mightygoose

precisely, and i would love to have that map for a rainy day....(thinks fractional angled roads and a path to the summit may require a rainy week)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....