• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Fred thank you and I soo understand... Derry my friend I am sorry for you loss this past week has been hell apperntly... I lost my uncle on Monday and so my deepest heartfelts condolances to you!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Very sorry to hear this Derry. All our condolences to you and the family. My father died when I was 18 yo right in front of me, so I understand it fully. Courage and hope to see you back and whenever you want you may continue then, or not. Good luck and walk with your head up.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

lynncanox

Hi Dear Derry friend,

I heard this terrible news this morning from Fred at breakfast. I am very sorry to hear this. I give you all my condoléances and I hope to see You again soon. We feel with You.

Greetings

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

jmyers2043

You are in my thoughts, Derry. I am saddened by your loss.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

frostwolf

Derry, my condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Just wanted to drop a line on the board and say that I'm also throwing in the towel. I don't have the time to play right now. I'll try to come back for GRVIII, but no promises. It's been a lot of fun, and I'll still be lurking on the boards now and then, but I need the time for other projects (like getting a job).

Best of luck to all of you.

-David

mrbisonm

Quote from: frostwolf on June 10, 2009, 06:56:09 PM
Derry, my condolences and prayers for you and your family.

Just wanted to drop a line on the board and say that I'm also throwing in the towel. I don't have the time to play right now. I'll try to come back for GRVIII, but no promises. It's been a lot of fun, and I'll still be lurking on the boards now and then, but I need the time for other projects (like getting a job).

Best of luck to all of you.

-David

Sorry to hear this David. Good luck in finding a job and come back whenever you like.
Now I am starting to wonder if the challenges are too hard and exagerated (so many are throwing in the towel).......or is it that they have become dull and less fun?

Fred

soulchaser

Fred, I think it's because it takes a bit more than 2 hours per challenge;) It took me more then 6hrs for the last one because I wasn't satisfied with the results. At last posting the pics takes 1 hour.

Maybe I'll invest less time in this challenge, cause my final thesis for my Bachelor Degree has to be finished on monday 29th.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

threestooges

The challenges are certainly fun. They have been a bit time consuming though. Three weeks is a lot of time, but I found myself going right up to the limit to get everything ordered, plus the sepratist's demands. However, this challenge seems substantially simpler (just a lot of super-detail work). Just my thoughts on the issue.

mrbisonm

I know that the last challenge of the separatists took more than 2 hours, it took me 4 or 5 if I remember right, sorry about this.
Now for the futur challenges, they will be less timeconsuming and should be able to do within two or three hours max, while giving you 2 full weeks to do so. Hope not too many leave us 'till then....... :(

Fred

soulchaser

I have no problem with this, as I'm not participating for winning....only for fun......I love your ideas and detailed challenges....

Thanks Lynn and Fred

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Jmouse

The GRV II Challenge is supposed to be challenging - no one promised an easy ride. Some of the projects, such as the military installations, were entirely new to me so finishing them was bound to take more time. Still, I joined for the learning experience and I'm getting just what I bargained for.

I think we have a strong core group now,
and IMO it's unlikely many more will drop out. At the moment I have a hotel to manage, though, so if you'll excuse me... ;)

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Indeed, what the mouse said. You won't get rid of me that easily, heh heh.

mrbisonm

....lol....sounds good, Partners.  We will then continue to go on like it was supposed to. It will be easier for the next 3 challenges. The last one will be a difficult one though.....sorry....

jmyers2043

Hello Fred.

The challenges are very interesting. They stretch my imagination. I am busy in gmax doing things other than barn buildings. And I have you to thank. I am grateful for those that remain and I am privileged to be a part of a project where some of the best of the best have come to display and compare mayor skills.

My brain has been tinkering and wondering if this can give birth to other co-operative things. Some years ago the BSC used to play small regions as a group project. From that we learned how others played the game and learned how to make better things for the community. Could GRV be a spring board to a type of co-op play? Just thinking out loud.

BTW - I must say that I appreciate your effort. Some have left for reason. I am grateful that they participated as much as they could. But you are spending more time than the rest of us. Maintaining the forums, answering questions, judging the entries, posting the results, playing the challenges, thinking up the challenges. . .  the list of your chores probably goes on. So - here is a warm South Carolina YEEE! HAAA! which means, thank you.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

I will get my challenge 5 up ASAP as soon as my computer co-operates with me long enough.... by computer I mean my brain lol, I am soo burnt from the round trip (3200 miles) and the funeral stuff but I have been trying to finish up what my orders where....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

I, too, am working on finishing up and posting.  I just played for two straight hours and had things almost done... and then, as I was saving the last part had a CTD   :'(

SO frustrating.

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

Ive been suffering that a lot with the new machine Cabra... I dunno if its cause of Vista or just me???

CabraBuitre

I think so.  I found a tutorial that is supposed to help... found HERE

I haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it works...

I never had any of these problems with my old comp running XP.  It runs great when running (my old comp had tons of lag)... but sometimes it trips and falls and I lose everything I just did!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Frustrating you say?....Geeez, the last time it happened to me I almost shot my computer, but I couldn't find my 12 gauge at the time.....lol  :angrymore:

Thanks everyone for the positive comments, I was only wondering how many would leave before we end this challenge. GRV I at Simtrop last year finished by BarbyW being the only one that toughed it to the end. Hey Jim, thanks, your comment and opinion is much appreciated and we are surely glad you enjoy GRV II as do most others.
I can understand those who left the challenge, because most had reasonable real life situations that made them do so, and RL being rough and tough once in awhile, we can surely feel with you. For those who are not with us anymore, we're wishing you good luck in whatever you are doing or planning to do at the moment. Hope to see you in GRV III, if we decide to make it.

Note:
Right now Lynn is about to do all her judging of Challenge 4  at the moment and we should have the results out by Monday. I am about to judge Challenge 5 now and wow......some of the best updates I have ever seen on GRV. Amazing stuff! Did you guys visit everyone of the players yet? If not, hoho....go ahead, it's worth it! Some good stuff there, some of it I even thought impossible to do.

Fred

threestooges

Yeah, I don't think you'll have to worry about Barby winning by default this time. She might still win, but we'll give her a run for her money, heh heh.

Sorry to hear about the CTD's cabra. I had a fair few myself (apparently the game can CTD if you rapidly zoom and moving the mouse while scrolling through a menu is a good way to accidentally do just that) this last challenge. Not sure if it makes it any better, but at least you know how it all fits together now.

I have to say this challenge is much more relaxing Fred. Looking forward to what's down the road.
-Matt