• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

I'm still working on Challenge 7, but it will probably be tomorrow when I get it posted.  I've had a lot of things going on the last two weeks.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

lynncanox

That castle in Scotland looks great. We have never visited to Scotland. Maybe I will suggest for next year.
  We usually go to New Zealand twice a year, our favourite, but this year we stayed in Canada only. A lot of things to see in our own land. We had fun for the last 4 weeks.
It is nice to put a face on a name like yours, good to see you Jim Myers. I don't know how to upload pictures, but I will ask Fred when he comes back.

Don't worry metarvo, Fred has not send in his 6 or 7 update also. He will soon.

Ciao
  Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Hey, we're back.......I mean, I am back since Lynn came back last weekend. Sorry about my (our) absense during the last months, but the summer was too nice to be on the internet and as you all know, we had a 5 week vacation visiting Canada from east to west.
Now that we're back, I will start transferring all the pointages for the last challenges to my computer and hopefully by Wednesday or thursday, I will upload it to the threads. Once that is all done (probably by the weekend) we will offer you Challenge Nr 8 and hopefully be back to normal after that. The recommandation to give a whole month to fulfill the challenges is an excellent idea, it will give you time enough for the challenges and us time enought to judge and organize them. So it will be.

Hope we still have some left to play the game or maybe those who left durting the summer will have more time this fall to catch us up.
I myself haven't finished Challenge 7 and 7A yet. Geeez, never thought that the population challenge was sooooo hard to accomplish. We will give extra points with recognition to those who made it in time and even those who were a little late for this specific challenge.
The coming challenges to come will be easier, maybe one.....will be a little harder than thought, we'll see and maybe give you all some extra time (and points) for that one. Good luck.

Lynn asked me to upload a picture of both of us so you can put a face on those names. Well here it is, Lynn and me, on vacation in New Brunswick having one very fresh Lobster dinner....wow, that was good.....I know I look older than I am, but I am only 18 yo, ok?

Welcome back

Fred

@jmyers2043
Nice to see you and wow, some nice ruins, never been in Scotland.....have to go one day I guess.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

great you two are back now. Hope you had a great tour and relaxed in your freetime.

I'm still waiting for the next Challenge. And 7a: Did I miss something?  :P you're talking of 6a, I hope...

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

threestooges

Welcome back Fred! You haven't scared us off yet (though sadly I still haven't posted my pictures for 7... the work's done, just ened to get them uploaded, ah well... today should have time for it). Glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation. If it makes you feel any better about the population, I'm still sorking on the 125k, but I do have the 40k in one tile. Nice lobster too.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Yeah, sorry about the 7A, it is the 6A that I meant and you didn't miss anything btw soulchaser. We had a wonderful vacation and are both in topshape to continue this.

40k in one tile is excellent, threestooges.....lol....I haven't reached that yet.

;)
Fred

threestooges

It took some hammering and a bit of bending of the rules I set for the differences between north and south (north being dense with vertical growth and south being largely low density sprawl to take advantage of its copious comparative amounts of flat land) and have a few apartments down there, but yeah, it's there (phew).

I also wanted to let you know that I've posted my Challenge 7 pictures as well (I just edited my old post which means it wouldn't show as anything new, so I wanted to let you know here).

Curious to see what's coming next.
-Matt

metarvo

Hi, Fred, welcome back!  I completed Challenge 7 last week, and it is posted.  This one wasn't so bad, but the hard part was coming up with so many pictures.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Sorry for making your life so difficult ( ;) ).......lol.....We reviewed the rest of the Challenges last night and we have altered some of them a little. Now they should be more acceptable.
Challenge 8 should be online by tomorrow night. I also started transferring the judgements from paper to computer last night, so the first points should be in your threads by tomorrow also, or maybe thursday at the latest.

Glad you both (3stooges and metarvo) made it with challenge 7, geeez , I still have to find a way (and time) to finish my population in that region.

We haven't looked at all the pictures of challenge 7 yet, but it seems that some of you really have worked hard on this, and believe me when I say that I really understand it.

Tonight we'll be overviewing the judgements of 4 and 5 and make some minor changes if necessary before uploading them.

Fred

Sparrowsraven21

MrB

Would It be acceptable that Since I am wayyyy to late to join the Challege, I can Use the region and some of the challenges im a CJ? I would very much like to show my progress as I try to play through the challenges on my own

lynncanox

Quote from: Sparrowsraven21 on September 08, 2009, 02:34:36 PM
MrB

Would It be acceptable that Since I am wayyyy to late to join the Challege, I can Use the region and some of the challenges im a CJ? I would very much like to show my progress as I try to play through the challenges on my own

There is a thread below of we call the unofficial competitional play. You could play there the challenges and we will judge. If not you can use the region for a CJ freely.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Sparrowsraven21

Quote from: lynncanox on September 09, 2009, 08:15:53 AM
There is a thread below of we call the unofficial competitional play. You could play there the challenges and we will judge. If not you can use the region for a CJ freely.

Lynn

Thank you Lynn, I wasn't sure about that thread. i thought i was too late for that as well

mrbisonm

Quote from: Sparrowsraven21 on September 09, 2009, 03:10:26 PM

Thank you Lynn, I wasn't sure about that thread. i thought i was too late for that as well

Hi Sparrowsraven21, no it is not too late to participate in the unofficial thread, we will keep an eye on that thread anyways and we will also judge the same way as we do the officials. So, if you're interested, go for it.

Fred

Sparrowsraven21

Thank you for the reply. I have already posted Challenge One and am off to work on challenge two

mrbisonm

Sparrowsraven21, I went and left a note there, great going.

I have uploaded the comments, points and judgements for the Challenge 4, the pointage sheet update will follow tomorrow.
As I said before, the judgements for Challenges 4 to 6 have been done on paper already and some of them since quite awhile. I had to transfer all this to my computer first. Challenge 4 is done. This weekend I will transfer challenge 5 to the computer and hopefully by Monday I should upload the results for Challenge 5 , and so on.

For those who have stopped playing, now is the time to come back and continue. The population challenges is lowered from 125 K to only 60 K , but will be judged a little different for those that actually have reached the 125 K limit. Nevertheless, it will give those a chance that were discouraged by this terrible hard challenge. We will be waiting for those who are following us behind.

That means that we cannot publish Challenge 8 before a couple of weeks yet, something will interfere with those who did not finish a certain population in your region. I myself did not reach the 125K yet, but I surely will within a week or so.

Summer is and was a busy time for many of us and Lynn and I suspected that it would somehow slow down, we were prepared. I hope that most of you will come back for the fall, even if we continue with the challenges in a week or two.

Now is the time to judge my challenge 4 also. Look how I judged yours and do the same with mine.
1.  was judging the originality and logical demands to your adversary.
2.  was the fulfillments of the demands received by the seoaratists and the general building of your region.
3.  was the statue/monument for the separatists, originality and also location of the lot.

Good luck and congrats to those who have earned a lot of points, well earned with their effort and originality.

Fred and Lynn

Edit:

Btw, the Players that are already in the Archives and that have done challenge 4 will receive their judgements tomorrow night in their threads.

Also the Bonus points will be mentioned in every judgement from now on, but only added to the Total in the last challenge. The Bonus points for Challenge 1 to 3 will kept hidden until the very last........Hey , we need some suspense at least, right? ;)
Fred

Pat

Fred I am sooo sorry I have dropped off the face of the earth here lately... I am trying to get back on my feet from surgery that took more out of me then expected... Something simple wasn't simple at all!! I will try my best to get Challenge # 7 done here soon as possible ~~ Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on September 11, 2009, 04:17:25 PM
Fred I am sooo sorry I have dropped off the face of the earth here lately... I am trying to get back on my feet from surgery that took more out of me then expected... Something simple wasn't simple at all!! I will try my best to get Challenge # 7 done here soon as possible ~~ Patrick

Hey!
Get better PAT, ya hear?

Take your time and make sure you get well fast. ;)

Fred

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

I will be away for three days to the finalization of a Loghome job in the NY state. I will be back on thursday. Just to let you know why I'm a little slow to upload challenge 5's judgements.
See you then.<<

Fred