• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

QuoteI am still with you

Hey Fred

I'm still with you too. But truth is that I put GRV on the back burner until I had heard something from our fearless leader.

Am I correct in thinking that the deadline for the park challenge is this weekend?  Dead lines help me focus

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Hey, am I glad that some are still around with us. I can understand though that others have lost patience. No matter what, this will continue until the end.

jmyers, there<s not really a deadline for the Park challenge yet, you have at least 2 weeks to post it before I will bring this thread updated with all the points and judgements of the last challenges. I will let you all know at least a week before when I am ready for the next challenge to upload, which will also be the deadline to get the Bonus points for the Park challenge.

Btw, I have a lot of work to do to catch up my region with you....... %wrd

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CabraBuitre

I'm still around too, even though I haven't finished Challenge 6.  I've done work on it but I kept changing things...

My wife and kids are going out of town next week, I should be able to catch up then!

Check out Abelfarei!

tooheys

threestooges

Not going to get rid of me too easily either. Hope things are going well for you Fred. I haven't had the chance to update much in GRV lately, but I think I can manage to put something together in the next two weeks.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Great!!

So I see we still have a few around, enough to continue the challenges with eagerness.....lol.
Don't worry, I haven't gotten around to do my proper updating neither, hopefully have one very soon.
I haven't even gotten SC4 installed yet (after my dearest son screwed up windows when I was on vacation...Like they, they say, little kids little problems and Big kids, big problems. ;)

Right now I am working on the pointage of the last 3 challenges....oufff, a lot of work to catch up. ;)

Good luck with your updates

Fred

metarvo

I'm sorry to report that I've had some computer trouble myself, and I can't run SC4 right now.  I lost a lot of plugins from the last several months, so I'll probably have to do some re-downloading to continue GRVII.  I'll see what I can do, though, once I get SC4 back up and running.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

BarbyW

::) :'( ::) $%Grinno$% ;D ;D
And I thought I could win by default again ;D
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Hey metarvo, that would be great to see you back in action. I have gotten myself a new computer (the one my son screwed up he gets it as a present.....lol), the new one should arrive Thursday or Wednesday. I will immediatly get my files transferred and get back to SC4.

Sorry Barby, I think this time you just have to compete with others, including myself .... ;) lol

Fred

jmyers2043

Was that an exciting game or what?! I generally don't watch hockey on Sunday afternoon TV but there was just a 'little bit of hype' going into this game. It piqued by interest. I sprang from my easy chair when USA scored that goal during the last seconds of regulation play. But alas, the best team won the day. Congratulations, Fred. I'm very happy for you .. (and the rest of my northern neighbors  :thumbsup: )
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Quote from: jmyers2043 on March 01, 2010, 04:43:17 AM
Was that an exciting game or what?! I generally don't watch hockey on Sunday afternoon TV but there was just a 'little bit of hype' going into this game. It piqued by interest. I sprang from my easy chair when USA scored that goal during the last seconds of regulation play. But alas, the best team won the day. Congratulations, Fred. I'm very happy for you .. (and the rest of my northern neighbors  :thumbsup: )

I don't usuually watch hockey in general anymore but you bet that was a hot game. I almost paid myself another heart attack when you guys scored just thirty seconds before the end, had to take a beer out of the fridge and have it poored down to cool me down....lol. The US have a darn good team, Canada too, and both of them gave us a game worthwhile watching. Thanks for the congrats, Jim ;) and say hello from us to everyone I don't know down there.....;) (looks like you've got yourself a fulltime job now)....lol

Fred

mrbisonm

I don't want to go in details here, nor to excuse myself or ourselves and find some stupid explanations and reasons why these challenges have been prolonged, but I would just like to shortly explain why all this delay happened.
We, Lynn and I, unfortunetly didn't have easy times since almost a year now, including the health of my mother in law last fall, and the death of her this winter. Plus one of my cattle barns that burned down in december, the separation of my oldest son and the sueing of the family that lost their member in one of my construction sites last summer, which by the way is not yet finished. Things have been quite difficult one might say. These were surely the main reason for the delays on the internet behalf of us. There were others also, like not finding the courage at one time etc.....

The Challenge judgements need some time, between 10 and 16 hrs of concentration per challenge, in other words one full weekend. Not only to go through, discuss with Lynn, see the differences and the good and bad points, plus writing the words for each and calculating the points of everyone, then make the stats and get it onto the computer and upload them to the site. Way harder than we expected in the beginning and exceptionally difficult to do in between the real life problems we were living.

Anyways, it is still interesting and fun doing this. I like it.
Challenge 5 was done with the full presence of Lynn, I had to do the writing and calculating afterwards on my own though, since her mother suddenly died. I can understand and support her entirely when she told me then to take a break from GRV II or maybe even drop out completely. I respect it.

So since the beginning of february I am alone with my destiny....poor guy (lol..maybe some selfpitty will help....lol..kidding)....and trying to figure out how I would be able to make it through. But I am a hardhead, which sometimes is not always what we could call ideal, but in this case I found the strength and the method to continue and doing it with pleasure.
Challenge 5's judgement is being uploaded at this very moment (give me an hr or so to get everything prepared), and it will take a few hours also and hopefully I will end it before midnight, if not, I will surely continue tomorrow morning until it is all uploaded. All the members will have their judgement of Challenge 5 by noon tomorrow.

Challenge 6 and 6a and 7 have been worked on and still are under the process of transforming all onto the computer. Challenge 6 is completely judged, which I have done since 3 weeks. It should be ready and uploaded to the computer and retyped by the beginning of next week at the latest and so on. I hope to finish all the judgements by the beginning or middle of the next month. On April 15th or a few days earlier or later, Challenge 10a will be announced and uploaded.
After I will take a week or so to work on my own challenges that I have left behind.

you ended sometime ago. I will give you all the time you need to catch up on the rest. If I can do it, why not you?. Just inform me in the General thread (right here) that you have been continuing the challenges. I would love to see some or all of you back. I am sure that the RL situation of some of you has changed and you have either more free time or a little more desire to continue.

Challenge 10b will be the final challenge and also be the *Killer*,(lol, just kidding) the ultimate Challenge so to say, which will only be uploaded after I have seen that everyone wanting to finish the challenges will be able to do so before, including my own challenges.

If you lost interest because of us taking so long with this challenge, now is the time to show that you liked the challenges and show us what you can do. Thanks for understanding and thanks for your patience.

We had great hopes  :wings: for this concept of challenge to be simply fun and a great event on SC4D in the beginning and we hope we can finish it so, even after the difficult times we both had.  :thumbsup:

Lynn and Fred

Gaston

Ya'll take as much time as ya need.   I am still just watching and still fascinated by this whole process.   I personnally still have the Bordertown region loaded and are dabbling with it occationally still.    In fact it is the only region I am activelly working with still.   LOL

---Gaston   
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

CabraBuitre

I agree with Gaston, real life comes first and it's by far the most important.  Take all the time you need!

I've meddled with the 6th challenge to the point where I have build and torn down large areas of my city several times... and this particular spot is empty again and just needs me to find the time to finish it!  If it comes to the point where I am holding things up, then I probably will just have you continue without me (though I do intend to eventually finish!).  I'll see what I can do over this weekend about getting Challenge 6 ready!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Gaston and CabraBuitre, and everyone else....

I have actually worked out more or less most of RL problems at this time, I hope that the worst is gone. I also have more free time until the middle of May, so I will spend some of it with you all and get the GRV II going again, at least at a faster speed.
For those that stopped before or are behind and wish to continue, hey....go ahead, this is your chance. I also still have to do Challenge 7, 8, and 9 . (working on it)
This weekend I will upload the instructions on how to judge Challenge 6, this will be fun to see....lol.

Fred

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 18, 2010, 10:01:54 PM
This weekend I will upload the instructions on how to judge Challenge 6, this will be fun to see....lol.

I hope to get Challenge 6 done tonight.  Guess I'd better do it soon!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Hi again.

it is time for you to judge the Challenge 6 of every player. It is open to every player on this site, every member that is. Please read how to and follow the instructions in the GRVII/ Challenges/ Challenge 6 thread.
Any questions on this subject can be asked there only. Thank You and now go have some fun......;)

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8060.20

Fred

I will be continuing judging Challenge #7 later this coming week. I also work on the updated pointage sheet.

mrbisonm

I have seen and read that some of you already have judged and voted. Good work , well done, I must say. Keep it up. It is interesting to see the difference of each individual.
....and Hey, don't forget to judge mine also... ;)

Fred

turtle

I have judged all the challenge 6 entries (excluding my own). I think it was difficult to keep everything in mind (especially so long after doing the challenge myself). I hope I was fair...

I have tried to reinstall my plugins so I can play my bordertown map again. So I will try to finish challenge 7-9 at some point. Hopefully before you judge the others, but I can't promise anything.

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Quote from: turtle on March 21, 2010, 10:46:59 AM
I have judged all the challenge 6 entries (excluding my own). I think it was difficult to keep everything in mind (especially so long after doing the challenge myself). I hope I was fair...

I have tried to reinstall my plugins so I can play my bordertown map again. So I will try to finish challenge 7-9 at some point. Hopefully before you judge the others, but I can't promise anything.

Thomas

Good, glad to hear that you got your plugins back in game. Judging of Challenge 7 has been done and will be uploaded later this weekend, hopefully before next weekend. All I have to do is to get it onto the computer and then upload.
It doesn't matter, whether or whether not you're finished with Challenge7, I will judge it when you're ready. Just let me know . ;)

Fred