• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

I wish I could still play buttttttttttttttttttttttt due to technical problems and other problems siigh........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

No problem threestooges, we'll be here. ;)
Pat, maybe you'll fix your techno problems one day and hopefully you'll be able to play. Wish ya luck with your other problems too. ;)

I will be uploading the Challenge 8 judging this coming weekend, probably not before sunday though, there were some tough ones to judge, tough by means of excellent. :)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Working on the Challenge 8 judgements.....sorry to be late, had all my family over this weekend, those City-Slickers wanted a weekend out in the country (oh my). Lynn loved it, I....well....I'm kinda glad they're gone now.... ;)

I will uplaod the results either tomorrow or tuesday. Btw, I need more judging on my challenge 7 please....thanks

Fred

mrbisonm

Since I have some difficulties with two of my construction sites irl, I have been away from SC since almost two weeks. The problems should be cleared before the next weekend, when I will be back with the judgements, the pointage sheet and my challenge 9 update.
Sorry for being late again, but sooo many things happen at the same time which I cannot control and since simcity is of the last priority, it has been put aside so many times. I am really sorry and hope I can make it up someday.
See you next weekend.

Fred ;)

soulchaser

No problem, Fred.
I just hope Challenge 10 won't take place on the last week of July + first 2 weeks of august, as I had to come to your house, playing the challenge. I'm in Canada at that specific time. (Field trip to the region of Quebec/Montreal for my masters studies. We will also maybe visit some logging sites...) :D

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on June 22, 2010, 07:18:58 AM
No problem, Fred.
I just hope Challenge 10 won't take place on the last week of July + first 2 weeks of august, as I had to come to your house, playing the challenge. I'm in Canada at that specific time. (Field trip to the region of Quebec/Montreal for my masters studies. We will also maybe visit some logging sites...) :D

No problem, I have enough computers for all.....lol....Visiting Logging sites? What for?
Btw, I am 3 hours from Montreal and Quebec City, close to Maine and New Hampshire, shame though that I won't be around, because I will be in Calgary at that time. We could have met.

Challenge 10 should be out by the second week of July at the latest, hopefully in the first week if I can get those real life difficulties fixed. I have already worked on the challenge a few weeks ago and written most of it and all I want to do is finish the judging of challenge 9, just to be update.

Challenge 10 will be a difficult one and it is based on the last region pics that you all uploaded in Challenge 9. It will actually be kind of individual, meaning..... a little different for each one of you......
Challenge 10 will be followed by the smaller and easier *Final Challenge*....Number 11....somewhat of a surprise.

I'll be gone for a couple of days now, be nice.....

Fred

soulchaser

As you might remember, I'm studying Geography and we'll get there to look at hydrology, forestry and mining with focus on sustainability, climate change and so on. I think you're too far south for visiting though (Sherbrooke might be canceled!) ;), neither I'd had the time  :(, cause we're doing this trip in 17 Days focusing on the North and visiting Ouranos, INRS and some projects. (The road we wanted to take from Radisson to Chibougami is closed for our vehicles, we were informed, so we have to make a somewhat longer detour.)

So I'll sureley be late with Challenge 10, then... :'(

Recently Iced

threestooges

Well, my Challenge 9 is up now Fred. Curious to see what you have in store coming up here. Also curious to see what your parks end up looking like.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Quote from: threestooges on June 30, 2010, 06:59:08 PM
Well, my Challenge 9 is up now Fred. Curious to see what you have in store coming up here. Also curious to see what your parks end up looking like.
-Matt

Good job! ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for being away for so long without leaving a message, but we went on a vacation for three weeks after a few months of hard work and stress. It was a sudden decision and quicly executed (within 2 hrs only). I didn' t go on line very often during that time.
Now that I am back , I am still very busy though, but I will take the time to continue the Challenges. My MD (mayor diary) will be put on hold to give me more freedom to continue and finish the GRV II.
Before I upload the ninth judgements. I will ask You, those who have finished the Challenge 9, to open the 10th Challenge thread because I will post your individual challenge there. Like I said before, each Challenge 10 will be totally individual, all depending on your regional work during the last Challenges. I will be planning your challenge by what I know of your region and I will build a challenge for each of you starting with the two last regional pictures that you have posted in Challenge 9.
This will be quite different and hopefully Fun too.

Please open Your Challenge 10 Thread right now , if you haven't already, so that I can post Your Personal Challenge 10 later this week or weekend.
Good Luck.

Btw, Lynn will be back, helping me with Challenge 10 and the final 11 judging.

Fred ;)

soulchaser

&apls for beeing back and good to hear you 2 are well and alive, Lynn and Fred.

I'll open my Challenge-10-Thread right now, but I won't be able to play it before August 12th, as real life challenges me right now, too.
First, the recent semester is ending and tests and papers have to be written, and 5 days after, I'll be on my trip to Canada.

So don't hurry, giving me my advices;)

Recently Iced

metarvo

I apologize for not having my Challenge 9 posted yet, Fred.  A few months back, I had a HDD crash and lost many SC4 plugins.  Thankfully, I had the Bordertown region backed up, along with most of the plugins, but I've had to work hard to re-acquire the ones that I lost so that I can get rid of the brown boxes and the like that have appeared in my region.  I plan to post Challenge 9 and judge the other challenges if it's not too late.  I'll go ahead and open a Challenge 10 thread, but I'm sorry to say that Challenge 9 isn't ready yet.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on July 07, 2010, 08:16:28 AM
&apls for beeing back and good to hear you 2 are well and alive, Lynn and Fred.

I'll open my Challenge-10-Thread right now, but I won't be able to play it before August 12th, as real life challenges me right now, too.
First, the recent semester is ending and tests and papers have to be written, and 5 days after, I'll be on my trip to Canada.

So don't hurry, giving me my advices;)

Well, you will have your challenge 10 by next week, one way or the other, but take your time, this time there's no time limit.....so to speak. Have a nice trip to Canada, now my homeland, "obwohl mein Herz immer noch Deutsch ist, auch wenn wir die Semifinale in Sued-Africa verloren haben"...;)

Quote from: metarvo on July 07, 2010, 10:19:42 AM
I apologize for not having my Challenge 9 posted yet, Fred.  A few months back, I had a HDD crash and lost many SC4 plugins.  Thankfully, I had the Bordertown region backed up, along with most of the plugins, but I've had to work hard to re-acquire the ones that I lost so that I can get rid of the brown boxes and the like that have appeared in my region.  I plan to post Challenge 9 and judge the other challenges if it's not too late.  I'll go ahead and open a Challenge 10 thread, but I'm sorry to say that Challenge 9 isn't ready yet.

Now that is a problem.....lol.....Well, I need Challenge 9 absolutely, to offer you Challenge 10. Without it, I can't give you the details. Once you have done challenge 9, let me know, either in the General Discussion Thread or by PM, ok?

I will post the Challenge 10 this weekend, but only the General information, and it will be found in the Challenge 10 Thread. Then afterwards I will give you each the individual details in your Challenge 10 thread. Only then you may start.

Like I said earlier, I will be gone for two days, but be back on friday evening.

Fred

mrbisonm

The First *Individual* Challenge 10 was posted. The lucky (I hope so??) person is BarbyW. You can see her challenge in her Challenge 10 thread. Good luck Barby.

This will also be a good preview of how YOUR challenge will be....lol ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

The second Challenge 10 was posted in jmyers2043's Challenge10 thread. Good luck.

More to come tomorrow..... ;)

Fred

soulchaser

wow...as far as I see, my challenge 10 will be hard work....there'S almost no space for a network like the ones that are shown until now.

good to have "unlimited" time ;)

Recently Iced

threestooges

Hope all is well Fred. Just checking in on the status of the pending Challenge 10 posts. The current ones look fun. Just waiting to see mine.
-Matt

jmyers2043

Hey Fred

I had a good belly chuckle when I read this sentence at the end of the challenge in my thread.

QuoteWe also will be anxious to see your project advancing as you hopefully will show us with pictures as you slowly wind through the region.

I can imagine. :D  You are, afterall, the king of highway building in your Mayor's Diary.   :thumbsup: 

I'll be traveling next week to Ireland and Scotland. My recent focus has been getting my work done here so I can go there. But Fear Not! I've put some thoughts on paper and sketched out some ideas for the 'project advancing' posts. I'll take up challenge 10 as soon as I get back.

- Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

editfish

I've found this challenge to be fun to watch and regret not finding out about it early enough to join in.  Any teasers or info about the next competition GRV III (if there is to still gonna be one) after all 12 challenges are completed?

mrbisonm

OK, I'm back.
Lynn was to leave a message in August where I was gone, but she totally forgot about it. So, please forgive her.

We were in NZ for a week's vacation in late July and on the way back (before the earthquake) we got our baggage stolen on the last day in the hotel. So....lol....that wasn't funny at all, because passports and all our tickets, credit cards, papers were in the luggage, while we were out having breakfast. Ha, I also know now that NZ isn't better for criminality than any other modern Nation. lol...
So, I also found out that the Canadian Embassy there isn't worth a penny and forget the canadian Government when it comes to helping its citizens out of their country. Oh my, that was frustating and long to clear out. Another week in NZ with no clothes, no money, no credit card and no papers....lol. I hope that we never experience that again. Thanks for international banktransfers that can handle a case like this within hours and thanks for the Wellington Police that helped us so much, unfortunetly without success.
Anyways, I hope that they didn't suffer much with the earthquake they had last week.

Once back in Canada, after only a few days, I was admitted to the hospital.....so,I guess you know now why I havn't been around for so long now. I just got out on last Friday, not feeling so well yet and that is why I only post today, where health seems to go uphill a little. Heart surgery (3 bypasses) isn't that easy at all and that worried Lynn a lot also I guess, and probably that is the reason why she didn't leave a message, even when I asked in august.
I missed you guys a lot, and now I will have all the time to catch up on everything. I was told to do nothing for a couple of months at least (until Christmas). Woohoo, some long vacation....lol. The moral is perfect, the body ...well, so n' so and the rest is going uphill. I even received my passport (brand new one) yesterday....lol. I hate Governments. ;)

So, now that I am back, I will try to catch up on my things slowly. I will continue my MD, continue to post the challenges in my GRVII and maybe even start BATting again. I only hope that I didn't loose to many folks.

Glad to be back. Yesss Sir. ;)

Fred

Quote from: jmyers2043 on July 30, 2010, 05:45:10 PM

I can imagine. :D  You are, afterall, the king of highway building in your Mayor's Diary.
- Jim
Where did you get that idea? lol, I have my own problems with highways, far from being a king of highways.....;)

Quote from: editfish on September 03, 2010, 11:46:48 AM
I've found this challenge to be fun to watch and regret not finding out about it early enough to join in.  Any teasers or info about the next competition GRV III

Well, we're gonna vote for having a GRV III later this winter, but it will be different, mostly there will be a *strict timer* attached to the challenges, so it won't be running for a year like this one.

I will post some highway challenges later this week, most likely on the weekend.

Fred

editfish

Fred

Sounds like a rough patch.  Glad you're back with us safe and sound. 

editfish