• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

mrbisonm plays GRV II

Started by mrbisonm, March 07, 2009, 08:03:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

This will be my page to update my version of the Bordertown and where you all will be able to blast your comments at me...... ;) :D.................can't wait..... :-[

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

My first region pictures, rendered for SC4 and with trees planted. I use Joerg's watermod and Cycledog's Olympic Terrain together with all the possible treecontrollers that exist and the Olympic Rocktextures.

The region is simply called Bordertown and all citytiles are divided into citydistricts since I have the intention to really build up at least half of that region into a big city this time.

mrb ;)

Here's a more detailed list of what I have in my terrain Pluginsfolder

wouanagaine

ok, so I can see we can start with trees :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

newsimaddict

Wow, that is a whole lot of trees! My computer would die if I planted that much... ;)

mrbisonm

I had a good look around my *competition* (so to say) and I saw that some already have shown their great talents of simcity *Mayor prop-plopping*. Well, not to stand behind too much, I decided to show some of my talents too, infinitive detailing, as I call it and which I always use in my CJ's/Md's. Hope you like it for an intro. This is on Tile *E* called Central District.

" Last September the gouvernment finally decided to develop the GRV region .Ground and aerial survey has been sent out to probe the terrain for ideal positioning of the next bridge to our friendly neighbor country, and maybe the development of another Bordertown. The Project will cost some 46 Million Simoleons and the construction will take 4 years as the Prime Minister of Simcity announced. It will create some 8,000 new jobs during that period and be welcomed by the population "

Good Luck to everyone......
mrb/Fred

Rayden

Well done Fred, looks like you won't let go that easy ;D

*Going back to my quads and frently plopping trees*

TheTeaCat

There's detailing and there's detailing ....
but that's what I call detailing :D :D

Looks superb. (following Rayden's advice and heads back to plop more flora ::))

Can't wait to see what you do in GRV II ;D
Best of luck

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mattb325

Wow - you have raised the bar...looks lovely! :thumbsup:

metarvo

*carefully decides what to say, not wanting to upset the Governor$%Grinno$%

The river is well-detailed, Fred.  The underwater flora really adds to the scene, but I have noticed something about the pics.  Are there boats in the water, near the center of each pic?  Either way, it looks like some true dedication went into this challenge update.

:thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

metarvo, Yes, two sailboats, anchored down in the shallow waters for the night. Thanks for the comments.

mrb

quackmofro

Oh wow. I don't have nearly that much experience with flora detail, but those pics look awesome. :thumbsup:

I guess there's no better time than now to practice plopping flora, so I'd better start.

Ennedi

Great work Fred, everything is harmonized very well  &apls
Your water mod looks very good in this surrounding!

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

quackmofro

I love the way you do the shorelines and shallow reefs. Lots of sweet detail.

I'm trying to get the hang of hand-plopping flora instead of using the tree controller. Even though it's long and tedious and I'm often overly critical of my own work, the end result is far worth it.

cameron1991

I love all the underwater detail!
And the boats in the small bay make the picture perfect!
Great work!  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Thanks for all the kind words. I would love to show more, but I have to restrain myself since roads and rails were created before the Challenge and I cannot show you anything, not to influence anyone's decisions.
I contacted two good friends of mine that irl are  the President of an important Road construction Company in Ontario and a Politician in the Quebec Provincial Government. I ask them to show me their ideas. Both gave me their version of laying the roads and rails in GRV II after I have made my own for the competition. Funny though, they both look alike more or less and are quite different from ours.
I know what you're thinking now....lol...I took profit of this situation to make my own plan, right?....no, you'll see that mine will be different from theirs and besides mine were made way before the challenge was even published. I don't cheat, nor does it give me an advantage.

But you will be surprized how real Pros see the situation, I was. It will all be shown after the last entry of Challenge 1 has been posted.

Again thanks for the comments and please visit also my CJ/MD here on SC4D called *The Winding River Project* where you will see more of my details and my Nexis BATs and LOTs. ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

I finally can show some pictures of my civilized version of Bordertown. I started in Tile E, probably one of the most logical  location in the region. I started here because of the islands. Having built Rte 10 through this tile allowed me to start here with a little village that I called Central river District with a futur City in mind.

As you can see in the overview of the tile, I also have started building on one of the islands, which I called Bell Island.

Living off agriculture and tourism at the moment, it has grown lately to a 1,200 population. The village was built on the sides of Route10 and later two other streets were added when room was needed for more residential zones.

Like I said, it all started with some farms and these were the first ones to thrive.

Some details of downtown, if we can call it so, reveil  a gazstation, absolutely needed so far away from a major town, then a restaurant, very much appreciated by travellers and a motel for those who are too tired to continue their route to either directions. The sawmill (bottom) hires a good part of the population, whether for cutting the lumber in the forest or cutting the lumber into construction wood. It was the first industry here that also started the village.

From the other side of the same *downtown*, you can almost feel the peace of the village with a little park in front of the church. This peacefulness draws a lot of folks to the region, mostly retired.

When Loggers and Farmers built a bridge to the nearby island, we call Bell Island, folks from everywhere started buying lots for their futur retrieval site or for a weekend away from the city. Up to date the village did not have the budget to pave the sandroads on the islands, but as more new citizens arrive with time, that will probably change soon.

I hope you liked my advancement into the GRV region. 'till next time....

Fred

soulchaser

No aother comment but:  &apls
simply amazing

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

lynncanox

I did not know that You play this also. I think I have to look for it more often.
C'est beau mon chér mari.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Pat

LoL Lynn you didnt know your hubby was playing?? I think you need to watch Freds computer time more often now lol as so do I wow!!! Stunning stuff here!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie