• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Here is where I will show off my BorderTowns

Started by Pat, March 12, 2009, 03:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

OK I am going to give this a shot and have some fun here with Bordertown... I will be posting here overview or top quality pics that I believe are the best from each update... I will be making a banner pic soon and a detail list of plugins that I will use...

[tabular type=2]
[row][head]MOD's[/head][head]custom cheats[/head][/row]
[row][data]CAM[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]NAM[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]SAM v 3[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data][/data][data]Full City Fire[/data][/row]
[row][data]BSC Funding Mod[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data][/data][data]Full City Police[/data][/row]
[row][data][/data][data]Money Plaza[/data][/row]
[row][data][/data][data]Water Plant/Water Pollution Center[/data][/row]
[row][data][/data][data]Trash Incenirator[/data][/row]
[row][data]Water mod by dogfight_ColdBlue[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Terrain mod by CPT Meadowshire[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Rock mod by 3RR Mossy[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Slope mod by Adam[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Terrain mod by CPT Meadowshire[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Special Plugin mod by Radius 512 for utilities[/data][data][/data][/row]
[row][data]Special Plugin mod by Radius 512 No Traffic Pollution[/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]

Mod and cheats table is about complete....

"but I haven't joined to win, but to have simple fun and being a part of something we all together do at the same time." - a qoute from Fred that I inspired me!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Wishing you luck and can'5 wait to see your countrysides as they say it's your speciality.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Thank you Fred and I can't wait either to get a playing!!! I am soo excited!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

Here is the Region overview pic so far....

I will have my full list updated on what I will be using later... So at this time I will borrow what David says,

***** Posting as I go, if you see this check back later in this post **********

Pat

OK here is my map rendered... I am wondering why it looks so umm on the left side of each tile in spots??

Splime

The different texture on the left of each tile is a known bug, and I also encountered it. You can mask it with trees, however, as I did here.

Otherwise, your region looks pretty neat.

Pat

Thank you splime I will give it a try with your method of the tree masking...

mrbisonm

I don't know why the left side spotting is like this, but like Splime said, it's a bug that seems to happen only on medium tiles. Now that we know this , we will take in consideration when we judge the regionview in later challenges. So don't worry, your region looks good. Have fun, enjoy and Good luck.

Fred

Pat

Thank you Fred and I will enjoy!! Thank you so much for having this!!! I am sooo excited for tomorrow...

mrbisonm

Quote from: Pat on March 15, 2009, 07:02:35 PM
I am sooo excited for tomorrow...

lol....maybe you'll be sorry.....lol....no, I'm only kidding.  ;)

Fred

wouanagaine

Pat and others, the 'wrongly textured" left side of medium side is related to some value in the terran mod examplar
I don't know exactly what I changed in mine, but as you can see, there is no such band in my pics ( only a band in upper side )
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=7215.msg229182#new
IIRC the MaxterrainHeight property and some other related to moisture dictate how those band appears or not
I think Ennedi have made a long post about it in his MD when he was playing with terran mod properties

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Pat

OK I have talked to Adam and this weekend he said he would be doing a tut on how to correct the mostiure issue... OK so anyways some additional pics from me are showing connections to SimNation from A and M...

Athena = A

Machesney Park = M

mrbisonm

A picture is worth a thousand words, it says, and if you can make it nicer, maybe even more. Here's a hint to make pics even better looking: Turn off the grids when taking the picture, it somehow kills it. Hit the "G" key on your keyboard to either make it appear or disappear.

We will judge at one time the way pictures were taken and that will be looked out for to get minus points. Just a hint.......

now, let me disappear here....what 's that key again....oh, right...it's this               .

Ennedi

Pat the solution for you is ready, look to Shosaloza  :)

Adam :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

whooppsies there Fred I totaly had forgotten I left that nasty grid on eeeeks baaaaaad me tisk tisk I need a good whipping lol.....

Adam thank you and I am going to check it out shortly and in the mean time lets see what I played with today err I ment on Saturday...

Ennedi

No problem Pat, I hope my tools will help you with your map  :thumbsup:
Wow, I see beautiful seasonal trees  :) and... ploppable traffic signs? Look great, I think your region will be very picturesque  :)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

tag_one

Wonderful pictures Pat! Very nice composition  :thumbsup:

meinhosen

Nice pics Pat!  Big fan of those traffic signs and that island (or is it a peninsula)!

To answer a post you left in the main GRV thread, I'd love to have the time to devote to this group region (if you can call it that), unfortunately work and life have placed a great deal of demands on my time... looks like I'll have to content myself with popping in and out of everyone's GRV pages to see how things are progressing.

On a funny side note, the 30 minutes or so that I can devote each day to enjoying SC4 has gone to a region that is developing on a similar note to the GRV challenges (terrain, then just roads/rail/highway, and now a couple of small towns on either side of a river).  Go figure.  ;)

Great work, if I haven't said it too many times before!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

turtle

Hi Pat,

Nice pictures! I especially like your beach, lovely detailling  :thumbsup:
My name is Thomas...

io_bg

Great work on the islands! Very detailed and realistic! :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November