• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bordertown - Munmorah Steps (Tile B) Extra Pics

Started by tooheys, March 15, 2009, 09:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Antipodean, I bet that had people reaching for the dictionaries  $%Grinno$%   

Well the map is downloaded and ready to play. In fact, that was the 1st map I've ever downloaded and put into the game.
I've learnt something already.

So here is the region view:

Modds:

MTP Terrain
CPT Olympic Beach
Dogfights Dark Igneous Rock
Brigantine Water

Time to start planting some trees so I can bulldoze them later   :)

Back soon.

Dave

mrbisonm

Quote from: tooheys on March 15, 2009, 09:29:18 PM

Time to start planting some trees so I can bulldoze them later   :)

lol...that's the way to go. Good choice of terrain, rock and watermod. Good Luck for Monday Noon (NY-time)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Jmouse

Glad to see you accepted the challenge,Dave. I knew you'd be a sucker for a nice big chunk of flat real estate! ;D Looking forward to seeing how you and all the rest approach this fascinating project.

Later...
Joan

tooheys

First, heres a pic of the region with city names showing:

So I've started to do some minor work in Munmorah Steps, nothing substantial at this stage. In the early days
the area was mainly home to several cabins used by hunters and fishermen.

This island shack is certainly out of the way and is accessable only at high tide.

While this one, favoured for both hunting and fishing can only be reached by a rather ricketty bridge which tends
to disappear after an extremely high tide and has been rebuilt on more than one occassion.

These two have vehicle access, albeit via a rather bumpy dirt track. Handy for keeping the fridge
stocked (with food of course  $%Grinno$% )

Well time to get back to work.

Cheers

Dave

Splime

I really like those isolated cabins... I hope you don't mind if I use the idea myself.  :thumbsup:

vester

meinhosen

Quote from: vester on March 20, 2009, 12:26:01 PM
Love the lonely cabines, tooheys.

Yes, I quite agree- the cabins are a great touch.  Very well done.  :thumbsup:
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Pat

Dave very good there!!! I havent begun to play yet that way  $%Grinno$%

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Thanks for the comments everyone. Well things a moved along a little with a rural community taking root.

The Munmorah Steps Station is located across the road from the Lone Cedar Park featuring one of the largest trees found in the area.
Someone made the brave decision not to cut it down. For that he was sacked, there were a lot of nice floorboards there, but
his fellow workers stood behind him and the tree still stands. The sacked worker can usually be found in the Lone Cedar Inn
nearby.

Debate continues regarding the effect of the smiley face on milk production. Some say the milk tastes a bit "cheesey"  ::)

Hmmm, on that note I think it's best I depart.

Dave

Splime

That's a really nice rural community!  :thumbsup: I love what you've done with those farms, even if it is a bit cheesy.  :D

carkid1998

nice! I saw some rural roads there! Where did you get those trails in that cow field?
Sendona... Coming soon!

Jmouse

That little town is looking good, Dave, and the pastures are especially attractive. It's been a pleasure to see your rural
developments ever since I saw the first one back in June '07. I remember the smiley water tower from those days, too. :)

Later...
Joan

TheTeaCat

Very nice start Dave  &apls &apls

Nice little rural community you got there :thumbsup:
It'll be interesting to see what you do  :D :D

laters
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

quackmofro

It looks like a nice, cozy community. I'd love to live there.

jmyers2043

Well,  I actually like all the screen shots but the rail station with its landscaped entrance is an eye catcher.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Pat

WOW Dave fantastic stuff here again I am speechless!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Diggis

Quote from: tooheys on March 15, 2009, 09:29:18 PM
Antipodean, I bet that had people reaching for the dictionaries  $%Grinno$%   

Someone who if from the exact opposite side of the earth.  Everyone is an Antipodean of somewhere, although it may not be somewhere with land.  The usage of it to mean someone from NZ and Aus (and commonly now SA) is a large misnomer.  I am an Antipodean when in Spain only.  You my friend, need to be in the North Atlantic Ocean.  $%Grinno$%