• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo in Bordertown

Started by metarvo, March 16, 2009, 09:30:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

As if it were, I have been given the key to the city.  Not just any city, but Bordertown.  Named for its location on the borders of two nations, Bordertown is influenced by the cultures of both nations, splitting this town down the middle in more ways than one.  What did this area look like before there was a settlement here?  Let's take a look back in time...

...no, not far enough...

...yes, here we are.

There will be more later.  :)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Let's hear it for our sponsors:

Terrain: Columbus
Rock: Aubrac
Water: Brigantine
Trees: Olympic
Flowers: Rural Renewal Pack
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Wow, big forests.....a real wilderness. Nice start. Great that you were able to fix your crashing problems, good to have you. Good luck with your region ;)

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

ObladiOblada

Can you tell me which beach mod you are using? It fits very nicely with your region.

metarvo

ObladiOblada: To be honest, I'm fairly sure I'm just using Maxis beaches, unless the Columbus terrain came with the beaches I am using.  I don't seem to recall installing any particular beach mod, but I'm glad you like the beaches.  :)
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Earlier, I saw an overhead view, but I wasn't convinced, so the National Library provided me with five close-up shots:

Tile A

Tile C

Tile E

Tile F

Tile M
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

soulchaser

Very nice scenery.  &apls

Are those mushrooms on tile A? Lokks quite humid, as big as they are ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mightygoose

mushrooms - horses easily confusable...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mattb325

Quote from: mightygoose on March 17, 2009, 07:30:04 AM
mushrooms - horses easily confusable...

I've a feeling they are flowers (mjb's orange flowers)? %confuso

Either way, super job - the rock mod is fantastic...

metarvo

I did a quick Hover Query of the flowers, and they actually identify themselves as Maritime Forest by Jeronij, Cycledogg, and Dolphin66.  They seem to be part of the c.p. Olympic Tree Controller.  Thanks for the comments, all.  :)

Now, here's the oldest road map that the kind people at the Library were able to find for me:

Pat

Metarvo I love your transportation map there!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Nice flora, I like it....and the map you should have shown in the challenge 1 thread, man, that's a Bonus point you've missed..... &mmm

Fred

metarvo

Here are some additional pics from Tile E.

The area where Route 10, the Grand River, and the railroad meet was the first area to be settled.  As soon as the first group of settlers came into this area, they decided to build on the north side of the river.  The Governor gave the new residents permission to divide up the land amongst themselves, so long as they didn't get too carried away with what they built there.  Route 10 was to become a paved road, since the new development would create more traffic, and the settlers managed to bring their cars with them across the Level Ocean on ships.  At this point, the road construction had already begun.  This is a typical early residence.

This is another farm house.  Early residents didn't have grocery stores, so they grew their food.  Another segment of the under-construction Route 10 can be seen here.

Since new people were moving to the area, several individuals decided that some businesses should be started.  Two general stores, a diner, and a gas station were built, and the village officially became an incorporated town.  The citizens decided that Bordertown should be the name of the new town, since it was near the Grand River, which acted as a border between its own two sides.  A train station was built to facilitate the transportation of goods from the ocean to Bordertown.  Although there was no formal port yet, a gentle shore on which ships could anchor had been discovered to the east of Bordertown. 

Now, the Route 10 bridge over the Grand River would need to be upgraded.  The basic structure was already in place, the citizens reasoned, so the construction costs would not be that high.

mrbisonm

Very nice again, one thing though.....on picture 1 of that last post. How were you able to grow that $ Res in the middle without any roadconnection? Did you simple make a parkplop with it in LE?

Great going your region.

Fred

Rayden

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 30, 2009, 05:11:37 PM
Very nice again, one thing though.....on picture 1 of that last post. How were you able to grow that $ Res in the middle without any roadconnection? Did you simple make a parkplop with it in LE?

Great going your region.

Fred

either that or he used the plopping cheat. :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Quote from: Rayden on March 30, 2009, 05:20:14 PM
either that or he used the plopping cheat. :thumbsup:

Even with the plopping cheat you get the *no road* sign. Only parks , to my knowledge don't get them.

Fred

metarvo

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 31, 2009, 08:34:57 AM
Even with the plopping cheat you get the *no road* sign. Only parks , to my knowledge don't get them.

Actually, I did use the plop cheat, and took the picture immediately after plopping the house.  The "No Road" sign did appear eventually, but I had already taken the picture by the time it appeared.

mrbisonm

Ahhhhhh.......so you cheated......lol...well done and thought of.

Fred