• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 2

Started by BarbyW, March 16, 2009, 03:12:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

The citizens of Bordertown demanded more power and water supplies before they would start to move in. The mayor obtained agreement from Govenor Fred and his Lady Lynn that she could build both facilities. They had to be big enough to supply a big city but not so big as to be too expensive.

After careful consideration and discussion with various engineers, Mayor Barby sited the power facility at the last point in the river before the estuary that had natural gas available in Border Middle (tile F). The water production was sited at a point in Bordertown (Tile E) where the fresh river water was purest.

To reach both these places a new road was constructed. Route 5 started in Lowtown Hills (Tile B) and took a route through Bordertown (Tile E) to Border Middle (Tile F) where it turned south across the river. The hills in Border Middle were avoided by turning to the East then South again through Hightown Central (Tile I) to leave the region. The Govenor was not too happy about the construction of a new bridge but saw that it was the best solution and reluctantly agreed to the costs. The new road enabled materials to be transported to the new building sites and then to provide the workers there with life's necessities.

In Border Middle (Tile F) CSX were awarded the contract to build two gas platforms with a back up of a gas storage facility. As the power cables were to be run underground they were taken across the river by undersea cables. Marrast provided the undersea cable. The small number of workers required are housed in mainly cycledogg's wooden houses. As the power station is a fire risk, a fire station had to be built close by.

The water works were also provided by CSX. This comprised of a pumping house and treatment plant on the waterfront of the river. The water here was fresh and very pure but so that there was no problem with any impurities the water is treated before being pumped to the rest of the city. The workers are, like the power workers, mainly housed in the standard units designed and built by cycledogg. The house with the pool is, needless to say, where the superintendent of the water works lives.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbyW

I am double posting as I edited the above from the original message I left there and it is not showing up as having a new post.

Pat

daaaaaaaang Barby that is looking real good there!!! I love the use of CSX Stuff and btw its not truly double posting when you look at the date of the original post lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

just_a_guy

This looks very good! Just a question though, where did you get that water pump and the gas platform? They look really cool in those pictures.
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

vester

Very nice power and water works.

BarbyW

just_a_guy

Wow that was quick! Thanks!
Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

mrbisonm

Judgement of Challenge 2

A.   Your second route is not quite what we wanted to see. It is only a little useful to your region, but leaving a big empty space on the left southern side of it. We gave it 3 points though, giving access to one new citytile.
B.   Very good use of Power lots, well placed, but workers live a little too close. We gave you 4 points for the Powerplant challenge.
C.  Again, very good use of waterlots and choice of terrain, but workers too close to the plant. We gave you 4 points for the waterpump challenge.

Total of 11 Points added to your challenge.

Congratulations, nice work, but could have been a little more detailed and thought over. Good luck with the next one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)