• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge I

Started by mightygoose, March 16, 2009, 06:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

Welcome to Mightygoose's Bordertown Challenge I

There is a reason for the deviation from straight here, I intend to put a satellite town centre inside the well in the road.

It seems that I am the first player not to have the main road and rail parallel. You said no photoshopping, but then clarified to mean no additions, apart from the road label, my edit has actually made the image clearer.

And this shows why the road and rail follow the path they do, even before challenge one I had decided where main towns and satellites were going to be located. I knew it would be impossible to serve all of the settlements with a single rail and road so I tried to ensure maximum service coverage without excessive complication. however the northern rail pass in tile A was tricky and required some minor terraforming to allow smooth passage. Anyway that is Challenge I, look for Aesthetics I soon.

Peace out

MG
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

jjune4991

very nice first challenge! i really like your first picture. very pleasing to the eyes!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

mrbisonm

Photoshopping is just fine and accepted this way, no problem there. Nor is the minor terraforming done to place the rails correctly.

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV.

We would like to see three more pictures from you in Mayormode view 1 of tile A, L and M please, with or without trees , no importance, before the end of this challenge expiry date. Thank You. Post them here please.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mightygoose

Here is 1.0-4 through 1.0-6, in other words, A, L & M

Hope my minor terraforming is within constraints
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Thank you, it wasn't the terraforming that we wanted to check in more details. Our curiosity is satisfied now.
As it says in the rules, you are allowed to slightly terraform the terrain for better road and rail construction, that goes for bridges also. Everything ok there.

mrb

mattb325

Tile A looks very restful - I like the road bridge - it's almost like an Asian temple perched above the river....

newsimaddict

The picture of tile A is very well done...I love the rail bridge crossing and weaving around the edge of the cliff.

Ennedi

Good planning, good photoshopping, nice landscape - great start, good luck mightygoose! :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

John wow its great to see you playing again!!! I have always enjoyed your playing the game!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  It couldn't be worse to start especially rails in the mountains, because of out of budget costs and high maintenance costs. Not a good idea.
B.  Another "fatal" error, having built a tunnel when the road could have been very easily contoured just half a mile away. Tunnels are extremely expensive to build and costly maintained.
C. and D.  Two good choices of rivercrossing.
E.  Nice descending from the bridge, remarkable and excellent observation from rl.
F.  Nice following the river which can be seen quite often irl.

Although some important points were missed in this mission, others were better than just good. A good earned 6 points total is the most I could give which is quite good. Congratulations and good luck with challenge 2.

Nice picture btw.

Lynn and Fred