• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Welcome to Grand River Valley - Bordertown

Started by The_Hutt, March 16, 2009, 07:25:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Hutt

I'll be using this thread to showcase my GRV region. So I figure I may as well start off with a region shot.

In terms of natural scenery, I aim to recreate a Pacific Northwest feel, so I will draw inspirations for this project from the north coast of California all the way up to the Canadian border. As a disclaimer, however, I don't necessarily intend to reflect the architecture/building styles prevalent in those areas.

I'll be using the Columbus terrain mod by Cycledogg as well as the Brigantine water mod by Peg. My other plugins are too numerous to name but I will highlight certain BATs as I feel fit.

Thanks for tuning in!

mrbisonm

Nice choice of mods and good sounding names. Good luck with your region.

mrb ;)

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

The_Hutt

Here's a sneak peak of what I've got going so far:

Take care!

- Nick

Splime

Wow, that's a really nice looking scenic route!  :thumbsup:

quackmofro

Looks friggin' amazing so far. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

The_Hutt

Wow! I've definitely fallen behind. Fortunately, spring break has given me a chance to catch up.

Here are some shots of my first town in the region - it's also the capital city. We'll call it Bordertown for now although the residents reserve the right to rename it at their leisure.

Here is the overview of the town. The development up to this point has been entirely on the southwest quadrant, nestled between the Grand River and its tributary the Trosky River. There are some farms and rural areas to the southeast quadrant, which is a major rail intersection into the north. The distinctive spiral is the only one of its kind in the region. To the north lies the massive redwood forests, which remains uninhabited to this point.

A closer shot of the town proper. The population is about 6,500 at the moment, although the downtown area is bustling and busy at all times of day.

A fog-soaked neighborhood late in the evening. That's right, twenty-four hours of fog is not an uncommon occurrence in this region.

A shot of the downtown area. There are a number of midrise buildings due to the anticipated growth of the area within a matter of years.

And here is the intersection of Routes 10 and 21. The secondary rail line, which branches off from the mainline just across the Trosky River, passes through as well - you can just make out a bit of the rail station at the extreme upper-right. The Diocese of Bordertown is headquartered in this beautiful cathedral.

Challenge 2 will be up soon in a separate thread - stay tuned!

- Nick

mrbisonm

Niiice, looks like a real town by now, good work.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)