• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 1

Started by cameron1991, March 16, 2009, 10:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

OK, here's my pictures from Challenge 1.
First is my region view. As you can see from the picture, I've decided to make the road and rails meander around the region a bit. That is because I wanted to have a more rural feel where the farms were around before the road was built and therefore the road follows the boundaries of them. I haven't actually made the farms yet, because I'm waiting to see what the next challenges will be like and I don't want to bulldoze everything later on  :D

The same goes for the railroad. I wanted a more meandering track that will eventually have a lot of small STR branch lines feeding it. I also decided to only have a mainline on the southern part of the region, as the northern part will be quite a poor region and will only have a few STR branches that connect to the rest of its country off the map.

And here's my picture of tile E, it shows the border crossing between the two countries over the river. I made the middle bridge higher as it crosses the main channel of the river and it has to be large enough for boats to safely travel under. The secondary channels on the side are bridged by small bridges as the largest boat to ever travel under them will most likely dinghys.

Well that's my first challenge completed and I hope I got everything done right, fingers crossed all goes well when it gets judged!   $%Grinno$%

jjune4991

dude, i think you may have missed something. check the challenge page before mrbisonm uses these as your pics!

scratch that!!! very good start!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

mightygoose

he has met the challenge requirement, just not gone for the bonus picture... I love the meandering road but as a town planner you would be hard pressed selling three bridges on the same road over the same river over a 2km stretch....

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week. We will eventually make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV when you continue your region at your guise.

You can now build on one of either tiles B,E or H. There will not be anymore demands to build anything else regionally for quite awhile. Thank you.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mattb325

I like the three bridges - a fantastic idea...let's hope mrb doesn't ask us to upgrade this to a highway  :P

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was importantin your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Good choice of building a bridge here, although it could have been a little better further upstream.
B.  Having built an overpass here, has cost us 3 bridges, not a good choice.
C. and D.  There are two things here, one better than the other. Having made the detour of the road like this instead of continuing it and build the other part later, was not a good decision and costs a lot of money for nothing, while the bridges at this narrow point were a good decision.
It was hard to decide how many points to give you, but finally we decided a total of 6 would be good enough for a generally good job. If the road would not have the detour, one more point would have been added.
Good luck with the second challenge.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)