• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Additional images

Started by BarbyW, March 17, 2009, 08:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

As I am now allowed to start building I decided to start in Lowtown Hills (tile B). These are some starter images with a very basic outline of the storyline.

The farmers soon moved in to the new village of Lowtown Hills. A fire broke out in a nearby farm so the fire station was hurriedly built to protect the village. It seemed sensible to also provide police coverage so the RCMP station was built next door. Although they generally use cars these days there are still horses available for hard to reach areas. Like their real life counterparts, they always get their man (or woman).

The ingenious inhabitants had started with just a windmill to provide power but very soon they harnessed the power of waves and there was more than enough electricity to go round.

Note for mrb - apart from one tractor all the others, including the ones in the fields are plopped

The sims decided to build a house for the mayor and this is what they gave her.

Note - I have always thought that the Maxis Mayor's House reward is unsuitable for rural areas so have made this along with some other rewards. This and the others replace the Maxis ones.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

soulchaser

You like Minicoopers don't you?  :thumbsup:

Nice early developments.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

Minis and SMART cars for anything I can. Have to be green these days.

tag_one

Nice little village Barby  :thumbsup:

mightygoose

very reminiscent of GRVI, a classic example of your particular playing style, very pleasing on the eyes .

glad to see someone looking after the environment :)

looking forward to more  :thumbsup:
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

newsimaddict

Your mayor's house looks so nice and rural - excellent LE-ing! (expecially the asphalt ground texture you used on the driveway and under the fire stations).

Great work!

just_a_guy

Hi!

Looks like a good start here. I especially likes your mayor's house. It blends in very well with everything else.

Come and check out my BATting works at:

Just_a_Guy's attempts at BATing

BarbyW

Thanks for the nice comments, all.
Now I have absolute proof that the sims are completely crazy. There is only one village in the region at the moment but the farmers of Lowtown Hills haven't yet realised that and send their produce to - well who knows where?

mrbisonm

Well, I can see  you haven' t lost your touch of building simcity's countrysides. I like details like this personally and you probably know that by now, right. The diversity of trees you have in your pictures match my own, and this is not seen very often. You probably have the mayorplop menu as full as mine, right on, some good stuff available nowadays. Good stuff Barby, keep it up!

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

tag_one

Nice picture Barby. They'll probably transport their produce to tile A and dump it near the border :D

vester

Quote from: BarbyW on March 21, 2009, 11:31:44 AM
Now I have absolute proof that the sims are completely crazy. There is only one village in the region at the moment but the farmers of Lowtown Hills haven't yet realised that and send their produce to - well who knows where?

Quote from: tag_one on March 22, 2009, 04:19:23 AM
Nice picture Barby. They'll probably transport their produce to tile A and dump it near the border :D

:D :D :D

Looking forward for some more pictures.

Livin in Sim

Quote from: BarbyW on March 21, 2009, 11:31:44 AM
Thanks for the nice comments, all.

Hi, Barby,

I think the children of Lowtown Hills have brought about a conspiracy that will result in them not having to eat their veggies...just my theory, anyway.   &Thk/(

Good use of green ideology to balance nature and habitation--I believe it can be done even in RL.  Your development has a nice retro look to it.  I agree about the mayor mansion.  Did you ever hear my story about how I covered the default mansion building in LE with an SG house prop family?  It let me save it, (madness, I know, but it did create another lot file) since Save As was greyed out.  I read later that you shouldn't mess with rewards.  &blush  It worked fine, but shortly after I plopped the reward in one city, a riot broke out and lasted close to an hour.   :o  There was nothing I could do but send police.   Sims burned down their whole development.  Since there were no other apparent causes, I always wondered if it was the tricked out mayor mansion.  ::)  So, needless to say, if you ever decide to release any properly modded mayor rewards, that would be totally cool.  Sorry for the sidetrack, and I'm liking that rock mod more and more.

I'm sending you and jmouse (I think that's all) my "Girl Power" vibes.
Bye for now.
--Liv

BarbyW

The sims in Lowtown Hills revered the almost island but not quite a pensinsula. It was surrounded on 3 sides by reefs that were not found anywhere else in the area and on the fourth side by a marsh. On the island were great redwoods that the sims protected and would not allow to be cut down. It was considered a sacred and magical place by the inhabitants of Lowtown Hills and would never be built on or destroyed.

The sims who moved on to the northern part of the town built a ferry to get them to work on the mainland. There was a seafood restaurant as part of the ferry so they could feed before they ferried.

The mill built by Cal was powered by the mountain stream that flowed through its gounds. It was no longer functioned as a mill but was a great tourist attraction.

In Bordertown the island was also considered a sacred site. When the engineers came to build the road to connect the two sides of the river they discovered traces of a very early civilisation and also an ancient abbey. The decision was made to avoid both these sites and declare the island a non-development zone. A few houses to accommodate the guides and workers for the two sites is all that is allowed.

A nightime close up of the temple called the Tholos by the engineers.

Across the river the commercial centre reflects the rather less than desirable aspects of the town. The gun shop, tattoo parlour and adult shop are to be demolished by order of the Mayor and also some of the dubious Chinese restaurants are also to go. She hopes that more respectable shops will come instead.

Border Middle, on the other hand, has a fine town centre with a city hall, general market and flower market. Simgoober presented the park to the town to thank the citizens for allowing so many of his buildings to be built. Even at night the streets are busy with late night shopping.

RippleJet

Quote from: BarbyW on March 31, 2009, 02:44:59 PM
Across the river the commercial centre reflects the rather less than desirable aspects of the town. The gun shop, tattoo parlour and adult shop are to be demolished by order of the Mayor and also some of the dubious Chinese restaurants are also to go. She hopes that more respectable shops will come instead.

As a former teacher I bet she knows how to educate those poor sims to set up new businesses, instead of finding themselves unemployed.

But where would the educated adult sims be making their purchases after that... %confuso

vester

Would hate to jump onto this ferry:

Love your special island. :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: vester on April 06, 2009, 12:59:27 PM
Would hate to jump onto this ferry:

Love your special island. :thumbsup:

Must be part of the base jumping recreational package advertised on Lowtown Hills newspaper, I saw it this morning $%Grinno$%

The BSC team on its best, always picking on eachother ;D

BarbyW

QuoteThe BSC team on its best, always picking on eachother
$%Grinno$% We don't pick on each other - we nit pick $%Grinno$% ::) $%Grinno$%

mrbisonm

Wow, that takes Burt Reynolds or Steve McQueen to jump that one. ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

BarbyW

"Ha, ha, ha," chortled the mayor of Lowtown. "Look what they left behind! Good job they never managed to get that over before the bridge was cut. I hate it when all the trees are gone so we need to get a new planting programme started."

In Hightown Central (Tile I) the tourists love to visit the new Resort Hotel opened by Jacqulina Paradiso. It is centrally placed with a waterbus terminal across the road. The ferries run frequently enabling the tourists to see the sights of the canal with ease. The city sells special tickets for tourists to encourgae the use of the ferries.

Among the things seen on the trip round the canals is this exclusive residential area. If you need to ask the price of houses here, you can't afford them. Jeroni has his palazzo here and the three appartment blocks were built by callagrafx for the rich and famous.

The tourists can also arrive by canal from ajoining cities and also see the freight move on its way as well. (I can show this now that daeley has announced it to the world)

Another must see on the canal trip is the Doge's Palace built by mickebear to a plan from Istrinia. This has direct access to the canals and has many interesting and valuable treasures within its walls.

Tourists to Hightown Central have a wealth of interesting places including some built before the canals. Mickebear was the major architect in the old town building the wonderful Cathedral Santa Croce in the style of the original. This is a major landmark in the city and is surrounded by plazas where people sit and watch the world go by while sipping a glass of wine or a cup of coffee.

Next door to the Cathedral is the former church and priests' quarters of the Greci. These are now a museum and library with many fine artifacts and books from times gone by. the citizens of Hightown Central are very proud of these two amenities and the library is particularly well-used.

soulchaser

neighbour connections by canal?!?!

WOW, simply WOW!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!