• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

1.5) First Developments - What's up in the meantime?

Started by soulchaser, March 17, 2009, 08:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

soulchaser

Ann:
"Ah... finally! Look Dave our nephew Simon has sent us a postcard of Drake's Islets, where he now lives. He's working there on one of the farms, you remember? Look at this. It looks so loveley!"

Dave:
"Umh, yes, I remeber. That's the new developing project near the coast, isn't it? Doctor Mannings told me his son went also to Drake's Islets, because there they needed a Doctor and offered a lot of money. You're right, Ann, looks nice. We might call him and ask, if we could visit him. Seems like we can walk to any of these houses, if we get there by train. I'm curious if there are already some changes..."

...to be continued...

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Not sure if you know, but you are now allowed to build anything you want (keep it slow though) on either tile B,E or H, but in only one tile.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

Hey Fred.
I've been away, since wednesday, so not much going on in Bordertown ;) . I hope this is ok.
I might get some more development till wednesday, but not much....still rural.  ()stsfd()

Recently Iced

soulchaser

Simon: "Hey honey, do you remember this guy who came to our door last month and told us that he would fly over Drake's Islets and take pictures from above?"
Emily: "Yeah, what's up with that?"
Simon: "He sent us some pics. I like those two best. Here's Dr. Mannings practice next to our little school and our train station.

And here's one of the little island by our railbridge. He must have flown very low to take this pic."

Emily: "Oh look Darling there's our car next to the QuickChek. When did he take this picture?..."

...to be continued...

Recently Iced

jmyers2043

Nice storyline. I like the post card view of Drakes Inlet. I also like the dirt path leading to the rail platforms.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

Thanks, I never made a MD/CJ before, so I'm still training. (I even forgot to get rid in Pic1 but you can hardly see it.)
The honor for the station isn't due to me. I got it somewhere, most probably from the stex.

Recently Iced

soulchaser

<<Region-Planning-Department of Bordertown>>

"Hey Jim, remember those strange guys, who wanted to buy some land in southern Drake's Islets? You know, they called themself "cyclonists". Brad sold some to them after Mayor McGrade told us to. Don't you think this settlement looks strange, but never-the-less amazing?"

Recently Iced

soulchaser

As we're not allowed to build to much until Challenge 2, this is the actual overview and statistics:

<<RPD of Bordertown>>

"Our work in Bordertown is a great success right now guys. Seems like people from all over the country want to come to this region. Just because I want to show you how everything looks like, i have some remotely sensed images right here. If Mayor McGrade also likes it, we might get a bonus at the end of the year. I've to applaud to you guys. Good work for the last 5 years."

Recently Iced

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

newsimaddict

Nice overview of the region! I like the scenery and farms in your last picture - very interesting way of farm fields being in a circular fashion.

Pat

Soulchaser very good here and I love those farms that you have!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Thank you for the nice words, BIGPLAYERS.
Almost everything I use is downloadable on the lex, stex or plex. I'm not a very gut loter, never tried to bat. All I do is just using the great work of others.
I love all this custom content.  &apls

Recently Iced

meinhosen

I really do like that round farm (or is it farms?).  Very nice work!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

turtle

Very nice development, Soulchaser. As the others said, the rounding farms look very original, and look great on the overview :) Also nice little station you found there. I'm also new to this md'ing, but I think you do a very good job creating a logo and everything.  :thumbsup:
turtle
My name is Thomas...

soulchaser

I was inspired by wouanagaine's tutorial on curved roads. I'm currently building a region on this concept. maybe I'll publish it.

Recently Iced