• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Introductory thoughts of a mayor...

Started by newsimaddict, March 17, 2009, 04:58:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newsimaddict

With such great minds and team members contesting this non-contest, I feel the need to well...lay down my rules...

No1. Don't make me look like a noob (or is it nob? – oh dear...)

GRV the 1st was great fun – I never put so much thought into building / playing the game. I even learnt how to use LE to a very basic degree. Hang on, just let me re-iterate that by saying it slowly 'b a s i c.'

Ah, but I see fun times ahead in these next few months.  :)

First to finish the darn thing – I tried but it died.
To learn new skills and be as involved as possible on everyone's threads.
To perhaps make somebody laugh with my no/ob comments.

Before we get into GRV2, I wanted to show you my fav collection of pics from GRV1. Not many as I don't want to bore you, my friends might say that this is an excellent way of dulling down one's senses...quite possibly my favourite technique so far to date.

Each has their own little piece of 'my I worked hard on that pic'...gives me a sense of warm happiness...like the beer I had for St. Pat's Day (as Mr. TeaCat mentioned in his thread)

So I guess it's now time to show you a quick overview of my GRVII.

Now when I loaded SC4 with the map for the 1st time, I certainly didn't expect to see a cold front approaching from the west, or is it south. Looking ahead, I'd certainly say that the climate looks menacing on the south side of the river...

For mods I use:
CPT Italia Terrain Mod
PEG Rock Mod – Dark Basalt
MayorBean Ocean River Mod

Trees combination are:
Jeronji's Eucalyptus
Jeronji's Eucalyptus Oak combo (the proper name escapes me) for undergrowth foliage (the purple flowers remind me of a local viral weed called Patterson's curse)
Burnt lodgepine – excellent for simulating past bushfires etc

There's a little brown rubble area in the last photo on the right hand side, simulating an old landslide or rough dirt terrain...and I like it. Full kudos to all the creators and inventors out there for SC4 – you rock!

So on that note, I best be off and think about how I'm going to do this first challenge...where shall that road venture? Hmmm.

Cheers! nsa

mrbisonm

Ah, good ol' times.....GRV I. I remember you playing it nicely and quite well, and your talent hasn't changed as I can see, still going strong with details. But now you got another competitor who likes details......guess who?....Yap, me......lol.

Good choice of mods and wow....nice details, I like that landslide too, looks darn good! Good luck with your region.

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

TheTeaCat

Good choice of mods used and excellent pics too &apls
Nice start and excellent detailing also.

Nice to see a quick recap of GRV I with your pics
Best of luck with this comp :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mattb325

Pattersons curse (Salvation Jane if you are in the N Hemisphere) is so lovely to look at - shame it is so invasive and so terribly toxic to livestock

(It's great for making honey though) Your pictures are excellent! I love the mix of trees :thumbsup:

tooheys

Looking good nsa  :thumbsup: Great work with the flora and I agree with Matt, a nice mix of trees.

Goodluck

Cheers

Dave