• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Pointage Sheet

Started by mrbisonm, March 17, 2009, 05:18:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Here is how the point-system functions:

POINTS = 0 .... Insatisfactory (not respected the challenge at all or not fulfilled the demand).
POINTS = 1 .... Poor (not finsished fullfilling of the demand, poor construction, poor aspect and decision/emplacement etc.)
POINTS = 2 .... Acceptable and fair (what we might call: Well that's ok)
POINTS = 3 .... Good and Satisfying (usually good decisions made for whether position or location and/or size etc, good thinking)
POINTS = 4 .... Very good and well thought (this is what you could do closest to the best, best choices and decisions/constructions, emplacements etc)
POINTS = 5 .... Excellent (that means impossible to make it better in our view, excellent is the best of the best and will not be given unless really deserved, it will be quite an event to get this, since perfection is rarely seen)

Penalities will have negative points and can range from -1 to -3 all depending on the severity of the case. Not respecting the delays, the rules, and the challenges might give you penalty points. It will be announced after each Challenge in your Challenge thread.

These Points will be the same for ALL Challenges.

Below, we will update the points earned by our Players after each Challenge and add them as they come. Only after the final date of a Challenge the points will be shownand added to make a total. All details of Your points and explanations on how we judged them will be shown in your Challenge thread.
Bonus points can be earned by special creations sometimes, it's just like a medal you earn. They will NOT be shown. Only 1 Bonus point per merritt. They will add to the total points at the very last Challenge only.

Points will not be discussed or changed unless......, if you really and seriously think you have been wrongly judged or maybe we missed something in your upload, pm me, mrbisonm, only and explain your case. But be advised, points are most likely to be final, unless we really see that we have misjudged the situation. Thanks for understanding and please remember, we're humans just like you probably with an individual and different way to see things, nothing personal. ;)

Also remember, this is for fun that we do this, no gold medal, nor a big simoleon Price will be offered to the Winner at the end.

Good Luck

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Roads and rails will be......

That was your first challenge, probably not as easy as you thought. Well, let me tell you a little about our judging the way you decided to built your first transportational system.

When you build your roads/rails, did you really think about it as a mayor? Did you think about your budget, about the terrain itself, environment and most likely about the population's needs?
If we decided that you have not played right to our standards, we have told you, but it doesn't mean that it is the same for others, maybe we will judge better than others, or maybe we will not. Seeing things with different eyes and minds is never the same. The perception of things can be so different from one living creature to another just like the difference of rock and water.
Everything will be judged on exactly how it was mentioned in the Challenge itself. If you missed the point of it, you better watch it the next time.
The diversity of the planning of the regional transportation system is way more expanded than we expected and therefor was extremely hard to judge, but in general, all have done a great job and don't be disappointed if you have gotten lesser points. Maybe you earned a Bonus point there for something else...?...
We understand that you have build the system with future projects in mind, but what we seek is the real Mayor's planning with alogical and practical sense and a budget like all Mayors have. Money doesn't grow on trees irl, like in SC4.

Any roads and rails cost money, agreed? No matter how, where and when you build them, they cost a lot of money. When the terrain has hills or mountains, it sometimes is better to contour them for easier construction and less cost. Tunnels are way too expensive and building around a mountain for a certain distance will surely ease the pressure on the budget, which is ALWAYS a serious matter to think about when building roads and rails. So, tunnels are not a good idea at all.
Also sometimes, even if it gives you a certain shortcut, roads and especially rails, are too expensive and complicated to build over the hills and mountains. If we can again contour them with a slightly longer traject, it will be wiser to do so, did you?

Then, bridges, ....oh yeah...all these bridges, they cost a fortune and are ALWAYS really and seriously to be considered where and how to build them. The budget is always too low and they always cost more than expected. Building multiple bridges over the Grand River wasn't a good idea, although it looks nice to you, but as a mayor, I wouldn't and you shouldn't.
Choosing the narrowest point between the banks is most likeable to build, if the soil is solid and dry.
One error that a lot of you have made in common is to pass the roads or rails over the 2/3 islands. Have you ever stopped about thinking how this would have emptied a budget to build two or three bridges? Whether multiple bridges are shorter or not than a single one, they are up to 3 times more expensive.

The idea to build a road and rail together was my wife's (Lynn) idea. Although she has no idea of constructing or planning them, but I would like to mention that somehow it interests her in a way, especially the combination of the two. Which one came first? Where were they layed out and why? Most of the time it starts with an animal trail, then humans used them and when horses and cars came, the trails expanded and became roads, so no real planning about roads most of the time, right?, unless they were created in the modern times to connect Point A with M...... Lynn wanted to see how you build your roads and rails according to each other. She is always on google earth, travelling and trying to find a road, which is naturally beautiful and that we might visit one day if we're in that area or nation for a vacation, and usually she sees the rails not too far away from the roads, although sometimes they go on their own for awhile. Rails always take the shorter cut,as straight as possible and not following any trails, but concentrating on the most direct and shortest way to get there, to avoid swamps, unstable terrains near water and cliffs, avoiding also mountains , hills and rivers, lakes etc. Bridges will be short most of the times.

There are probably a hundred of different ways to have build the ideal road/rail from A to M in this region and probably most of them were more or less profitable or logical. We looked at yours intensively and gave points which you will see in your Challenge 1 thread according to our knowledge and experience.

Here are the Entries for Challenge 1, and everytime another challenge has been finished we will add the points to the chart below and modify it if necessary.

The chart of the total points will come in a few days, making sure that everything was well calculated and giving us time to create it.

mrb

mrbisonm

Here it is, the first pointchart.
This list is in alphabetical order.

Challenge 1

Reds are the tops of this round and Blues are the Lows of this round. I included my name and points that you all have given me in my C-1 thread, but which is not official.

Any comment to this should be posted in the General Discussion thread please, thank you.

Fred

mrbisonm

Challenge 2

Reds are the tops of this round and Blues are the Lows. I included my name and points that you all have given me in my C-2 thread, but which is not official. This pointage sheet will be updated with every challenge.

Unofficial Players are on the bottom of the pointsheet.

Lynn and Fred

Edit: Corrected error in point counting.
Edit: Added unofficial Players and points on the pointagesheet.
Edit: Added judged points to my own column.

mrbisonm

Challenge 3

Reds are the tops of this round and Blues are the Lows. I included my name and points that you all have given me in my C-3 thread, but which is not official. This pointage sheet will be updated with every challenge.

Lynn and Fred

mrbisonm

Challenge 4

Reds are the tops of this round and Blues are the Lows. I included my name and points that you all have given me in my C-3 thread, but which is not official. This pointage sheet will be updated with every challenge.

Fred

SC4BOY

tooheys

Hey Fred, did you leave the front door unlocked  :D

Pat

LoL Dave I think its the back door actually lol  $%Grinno$%

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

lynncanox

Quote from: tooheys on September 12, 2009, 03:00:24 AM
Hey Fred, did you leave the front door unlocked  :D

What is meaning "Front Door Unlocked" ? I do not understand.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Pat

what we mean Lynn is are we supposed to be commenting in here at all?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

lynncanox

Thank You Pat and Yes we are commenting here. Fred has opened this thread for you to comment on the points.

Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Challenge 5

Ok, here is the updated pointage sheet for today, March 27, 2010 and for Challenge 5. Now I will be working on Challenge 7, coming this week.

Fred ;)