• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My Bordertown introduction

Started by antn, March 17, 2009, 09:44:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

BORDERTOWN

The pristine lands of my Bordertown Region.

Some vegetation was added.

I wanted to use Orange's Aubrack rock mod, but when I tried it out it didn't fit well with the Missouri Breaks Terrain Mod, so I had to adjust the green colors a bit, they needed to be a bit less saturated and much more yellow. There is still some adjustments needed to be done but I believe it looks ok as it is. (This is from tile C.)

Here comes some close-ups from various sites in the region.

Some saltwater marshes along the coast. The brackish water and the constant flow of nutrient water makes the salt marshes a very productive biological habitat, actually one of the most productive in the world rivalling the tropical rainforests. (From tile L.)

The almost constant strong wind from the ocean makes it hard for anything to grow. But with some protection from the wind the warm slopes to the south makes it a perfect place for anything to grow.(This is from tile K.)

A nice small lake.(From tile G.)

When the snow melts in the spring this small pond is more of a lake or even just a slightly wider part of the river, but during summer when the flow of water decrease it gets this small. Lakes like these are a usual spot for migrating birds to rest. (From tile C.)

Where the swamp meets the river. This is just small part of the huge wetlands further west. (From tile A.)

Some of the mods I use:
-Missouri Breaks Terrain Mod by cycledogg
-Tree Controller Elm by Cycledogg
-Tree controller Meadowshire River by Cycledogg
-Brigantine Water Mod by Pegasus
-Aubrack Rock Mod by Orange with the TSC team, slightly modified by me.

TheTeaCat

Nice detailing - looks good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mattb325

Very beautiful...good job on tweaking the rock mod...the detailing of the swamps is excellent :thumbsup:

soulchaser

Darn....I think I will never be able to compete with all those nature-experts.....looks great

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Splime

Wow, that's a really nice swamp. I'd love to see what happens when development gets close to it.

antn

Quote from: TheTeaCat on March 18, 2009, 03:50:14 AM
Nice detailing - looks good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Regards
Derry

Quote from: mattb325 on March 18, 2009, 03:30:14 PM
Very beautiful...good job on tweaking the rock mod...the detailing of the swamps is excellent :thumbsup:
Thanks both of you!
Quote from: soulchaser on March 18, 2009, 04:41:25 PM
Darn....I think I will never be able to compete with all those nature-experts.....looks great
Considering what you have shown in your threads I am sure you will.
Quote from: Splime on March 19, 2009, 08:27:55 AM
Wow, that's a really nice swamp. I'd love to see what happens when development gets close to it.
I would too. Thanks!

Here comes a deeper introduction of my Bordertown.

Geography
Most of Bordertown Region is part of the large plains along the Atlantic coast, the southeastern parts of Algonquian Mountains stretches south to Bordertown. The mountains was formed som 300 million years ago, at that time Columbia and Africa were connected because of that the Algonquians form part of the same mountain chain as the Anti-Atlas in Marocco. To the northeast the same mountain chain continues in Scotland and Scandinavia. Highest peaks in Bordertown Region is approximately 900m (3000ft) and the highest summit in all of the Algonquian mountains reaches 2144m (7034ft).

The Algonquians contain large quantities of iron, copper and uranium ore and smaller deposits of aluminum, gold and silver. The western parts of the mountains contains major deposits of anthracite coal as well as bituminous coal.

South of the Algonquians is the Atlantic coastal plain, it is generally wet, including many rivers, marsh and swamplands. It is composed primarily of sedimentary rock. The plains extend some 50 to 100 km (30 to 60 miles) inland from the ocean.

Climate
The Bordertown Region Have a humid continental climate, with hot summers, mild winters and with average annual precipitation. The mountaineous areas usually get slightly lower temperatures than the lower lands. Sumners are typically hot and humid with average high temperatures of 28-31°C (82-88°F) and lows of 15-21°C (60-70°F), however temperatures exceed 35°C (95°F) on average 18-25 days each summer, but very rarely exceed 40°C (104°F). Winters are mild with average high temperatures of 3-8°C (38-46°F) and lows of -3-0°C (26-32°F). Temperatures can drop as low as -10°C to -15°C (14°F to 5°F) but  it rarely stays that cold for more than a week. Sometimes temperatures can be as high as 10°C or 15°C (50°F or 60°F). Spring and autumn are erratic, but are usually pleasantly mild.

Average annual precipitation is 1,280mm (50,4 inches) spread throughout the year. Average snowfall per winter season range from 30-42cm in the lower areas and 72-135cm in the mountains. Precipitation falls on an average of 125 days a year, with 25 to 30 thunderstorms that mostly occur during summer.