• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo GRVII - Challenge 1

Started by metarvo, March 18, 2009, 04:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

Are you ready for some Bordertown?  Well, there's no town yet, at least not in these ancient pictures I'm getting from the Library.

Pic edited because SAM curves did not show up.
At this time, there were only two traces of civilization in this border region surrounding the Grand River.  The first was the dirt trail, marked by the white line, which was stipulated by the Government to be labeled as Route 10.  The Library told me that this pic was edited to make the routes show up more clearly on the map, as some segments were missing.  Some people had cars at this point, and some still used horses and buggies, but all who wanted to travel across this region on a decent path had to do so on Route 10, as there were no other suitable paths.  The railroad, denoted by the black line, was built next, during the railroad boom.  Apparently, the Government left the Grand River Transit Authority (GRTA) no choice; the railroad had to be built.  It was as mandatory as the construction of Route 10 had been.  The Railroad was to be called the International-Level railroad, since it would connect the two nations run near the Level Ocean, at the Grand River Valley's east coast.

R-10 and the I.L.R.R. were constructed in more or less the same area, because they were both designed to run through the important areas.  The Government required that Route 10 connect the northern nation of Viliad with the southern nation of Sergal.  The GRTA had a little more leeway with the path of the railroad, but decided to keep it simple and run the I.L.R.R. near Route 10.

1.3 (EXTRA PIC)

However, the I.L.R.R. didn't follow R-10 precisely.  It followed a path that took it closer to the Level Ocean, because the GRTA anticipated the construction of ports near the coast.  In times past, the areas of land on either side of the Grand River's junction with the ocean had been the landing site for many ships that made the voyage to the GRV.  Since the GRV was largely uncharted at this time, there was always hope that gold could be found in the area.

Sponsors:
NAM
Rural Roads plugin
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge.

mrb/lynncanox

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Good choice to have crossed the river at this point.
B.+ F.  In tile E, this would be the most logical choice to have the river crossed, but unfortunetly we had better choices in many other tiles, since the bridge is long and costly.
D.  Building a bridge just before the river's mouth is always a good idea, even if it will be larger to cross, but roads often follow the coastlines and this would be an advantage already for building a coastal road.
E.  Again a good choice of crossing a river.

If it wasn't for the long bridge, maybe another point would have been added. A total of 7 points were given which is generally pretty good. Congratualaions and Good luck with Challenge 2.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)