• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bordertown Additional Images

Started by mattb325, March 18, 2009, 05:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Additional Images

Now that I have posted Challenge 1 Images, I would like to share some of the first development on Tile B

A small town and farming community has sprung up just near the banks of the river at the top of this tile. In an attempt to retain as much of the bushland as possible, the township and farms are set back from the river, which is largely off-limits for development at this early stage. Here is an overview:   

A small collage of some of the farmhouses:

And, a picture of the village church and chemist along the main road with some of the small houses on the side road.

Splime

That looks like a nice little town there. I love how you haven't destroyed the nature yet, and the town really seems to fit in.

NASCAR_Guy

Where did you get that Chewing Pouch tobacco building?
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

Rayden

Quote from: NASCAR_Guy on March 20, 2009, 07:57:56 AM
Where did you get that Chewing Pouch tobacco building?
It's from JMyers new set of farms - JMyers Farms - Tobacco Crops

:thumbsup:

Ennedi

Your building style is very specific, subtle and cheerful - I like it very much!  :)

Good luck Matt! :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

mrbisonm

Nice little rural community you created, very good. Keep it up

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Livin in Sim

Hi, Matt,

I enjoyed your version of Shosaloza very much (probably spelled it wrong), especially the back story about the millionth inhabitant born in the region, and there was some sort of a rector, or something... :P...right?  This promises to be just as good.  It amazing how much variety there is available now, with all the different terrain, rock, water, and flora modds.  So you've created a totally different landscape here.  I've always liked the eucalyptus and related trees, DT trees, etc., but struggled with getting them to look natural.  This is what they needed, the Missouri Breaks is the perfect backdrop.  You've blended the seasonals well, too.  Missouri Breaks also merges nicely with the farms, which surely can't be less green than the terrain itself.  You mentioned using c.p. rock, is the rock modd shown in the other thread one of his, if you don't mind me asking?  Good luck and have fun in the challenges!

Bye for now.
--Liv

mightygoose

I was sure that DT's trees as ploppables were done by Jeronij and on the LEX but i cannot find them.... any help??? fantastic work as always...
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Livin in Sim

@ mightygoose, Well, http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/stexdetails.cfm?id=14610 are the props, but you probably found those.  You're right, DT says in the comments that Jeroni was going to make them ploppable.  DT mentions the "Make your favorite tree a Ploppable" thread, perhaps they were an attachment.  Maybe they never got uploaded here after Jeroni moved everything?  He might upload them if you PM him.

BarbyW

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Livin in Sim

I apologize, I searched the LEX under "Plop" and "jeronij" and they didn't show up.  I see that I should have searched "Prop".   &blush

mattb325

Thanks everyone for all of the kind words, part of the fun of playing GRV-II is watching various new Bats grow ;D

Additional Images Challenge 2

All of the images below are from Tile I, one of the other three "Free building" tiles. Located to the south of the central river Tile I so far forms one of Bordertowns main industrial hubs as it follows the initial Route 10:

Tile I is largely manufacturing, although some high-tech industry is starting to take a foothold.

The freight yards carry service the industrial needs while fast commuter trains carry sims from the all around the region

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

meinhosen

Matt, you've done some nice work.  I like how you've avoided developing the riverbanks (for now).  It makes the towns and farms have an undeveloped feel to them.  I like the industrial portions of your towns, too.  It'll be interesting to see the rest of those towns, too.
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?