• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Maarten plays Bordertown - Grensstad/Bordertown - Construction has begun!

Started by MandelSoft, March 20, 2009, 08:02:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Maarten plays Bordertown - Introduction

Hello, I'm Maarten, and this is where I show my version of Bordertown. Usally I'm creating mostly urban envoirements, but here there will be no big cities at all. This could be challenging for me, but if you're not taking any challenge, life would be boring  ;). So let's see what we do have:

Yep, that's it! I use the Italia terrain mod + tree controller. The main city of this region, Grensstad (Bordertown) will be right at the intersection of the three streams (Tile E). The river in the middle of the region (called Loyer) will be the border of two nations: the English State of Whitehills in the north, a pretty rural area, and the Dutch state of Lagevelden in the south, which is a bit more urban than Whitehills. The two states have a friendly relationship, so the borders are opened and people are free to move between the two states.

Two nations, two languages, one region. Where are we waiting for. Let the game begin!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

BarbyW

Maarten, you have posted three pictures and mrb asked for two. I would remove the first one before he sees it.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Rayden

Quote from: BarbyW on March 20, 2009, 09:11:17 AM
Maarten, you have posted three pictures and mrb asked for two. I would remove the first one before he sees it.

And also, I would create a new topic for each challenge, so this could be your main thread to show other things and diverse comments. Have a look at others have done. ;)

Splime

Quote from: BarbyW on March 20, 2009, 09:11:17 AM

mrb also said a third picture was allowed to help explain the route, which I assume is the purpose of the first image.

But as Rayden said, it should be a separate thread.

The region looks really nice though.  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

OK, I get it. I'll post the next challenge on another thread.

EDIT: Post moved to another thread.

mrbisonm

I suppose the first picture is your *planning of* picture, right?
Ok, please open another thread and call it something like *mrtnrln-Challenge 1*  and transfer everything asked for the challenge (which is probably found here) to it, so we will have it easier to find and come back to when needed and are sure of the challenge you're posting. This otherwise can get confusing. Thanks.

Fred

So, You're a "cityslicker" stuck out here in the country....hm...that could be amusing. ;) Don't worry, your talents of urban planning will be tested later on. Good luck and welcome to the GRV family.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

quackmofro

Hey Maarten,

I like what you've done with the region. The water mod seems to complement the Italia mod perfectly IMO.

Nice job on the first challenge as well. It looks like you've thought ahead well for the region.

Good luck!

MandelSoft

Grensstad/Bordertown - Construction has begun!

So we have a region, but a empty region is boring, so lets start construction somewhere. The most logical construction site is the main city of the region, Grensstad/Bordertown.

After challenge 1, the only things in the region are trees, a railway and one road. This is how Grensstad/Bordertown looks after Challenge 1:

... and here it is again, after some construction:

Some close-ups:

And here you see some statistics:

Best,
Maarten

mightygoose

woah, you went for the capital this early, i hope you don't live to regret that... lovely work though... :)
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Nice start of construction, going great already. Keep it up, we're all watching.... ;)

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)