• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Additional Pictures

Started by cameron1991, March 20, 2009, 10:08:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cameron1991

In this thread I'll post my additional pictures that aren't part of the challenges.

So here the first two additional pictures from my region.
Both were taken in the Bordertown Left city tile (Tile E) and showcase parts of a small developing town and the area around it.
First is the industrial/warehouse area of the town. All goods coming in and out of the developing area pass through these warehouses, where they are either loaded onto/off trucks or trains that link Bordertown to the rest of Simnation.

The second picture shows the first farm in the area, which is a large dairy farm.

That's all for now, there will be more pictures trickling in over the course of the GRV project.

Splime

That's a pretty neat warehouse area there. Still looks pretty rural, despite its size.

And that's a lot of cows...  :D

mrbisonm

Wow, I would like to see the barn that holds all these cows.....?? Dumb question, these tracks in the cowfield are photoshop right?
Very nice industrial park I must say. Good work.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Splime

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 21, 2009, 07:28:23 PM
Wow, I would like to see the barn that holds all these cows.....?? Dumb question, these tracks in the cowfield are photoshop right?
Very nice industrial park I must say. Good work.

Fred

I'm pretty sure these are the paths he's using. (The paths and fences come in the same pack.)

cameron1991

We don't have barns here in New Zealand!  $%Grinno$%

I based the farm off ones you can find here in NZ, you can sometimes find 1000+ cows in the same paddock (or 2000+ sheep  :D) The cows are generally rotated around through multiple paddocks throughout the year to give the grass a chance to grow. So there will be a few empty paddocks around here in the next few pictures.  I also need to find a cow milking shed, but a search of the STEX and LEX should solve that.

As Splime already posted, I used ChrisAdams3997 Rural Renewal Project for just about everything in that picture including all the grass in the paddock.
The grass took me 20 minutes to plop, so I'm not looking forward to making the 100s of paddocks that will be found throughout my region...  ()sad()

Anyway, thanks for your kind comments guys!  :thumbsup:

cameron1991

Ok, here's some more pictures of the farms I showed a few days ago. This time I've BATed a small milking shed for the cows and have placed it inside a paddock across the road from the last one.

The first picture is just a general overview of the area I'm working on, sorry no cows this time, as having just 10 lots places a HUGE strain on my PC.

The second picture is a closeup of the milking shed area.

Splime

That's a neat milking shed area. Just remember to switch into the Zones view and back before taking pictures with those paths, otherwise you get that blue grid showing up in your pictures.

quackmofro

^ What Splime said. It's quite an interesting quirk.

I'm enjoying the pastures a lot. You've got a nice rural area going. Keep it up!

cameron1991

Ah that's how you fix it! Thanks guys! I had forgotten how lol  :-[

cameron1991

Well I haven't posted any additional pictures for more than two months now, so it's time I got my act together!  ::) :-[

Here's a preview of the hotel, restaurant and beach which I'm currently building. I still have quite a few parts to add, but this gives a good idea of what it will eventually look like.