• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 1

Started by MandelSoft, March 21, 2009, 02:30:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Challenge 1: Route 10 and the first rail line

The first challenge is to build a road (route 10) and a rail line through the region, from north-west to south-east through 6 quads. Therefore, I made a very rough scetch of how I'll build these routes:

I chosed this route so that the route will not cross to many hills and that both the rail line and the route 10 cross Grensstad (Bordertown). With this in mind, I started construction.

The final result (with citynames of the quads that I used):

The Route 10 and the railway will be the main lines of the region.

Here's a close-up from Grensstad - Bordertown:

That's it for today!

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mrbisonm

Hi,

We would like to see a picture of Tile A in Mayormode in view 1 taken from the east-side (RIGHT) please. Thanks

mrb

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

MandelSoft

Here you go:

One thing that I want to mention: At the rail-road crossing, I used a FLUP (FLexible UnderPass, see picture below), so I don't have a at-grade crossing, which makes both routes safer to drive on.

Best,
Maarten

mrbisonm

Thank you, we only wanted to see some details on Map A.

Fred

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A. and C.  are good choices to cross the river.
B.  Unfortunetly you have built the road through the mountain, which has its costs and higher maintenance. It would have been a lot easier and more productive to have contoured the mountain, even if the road would have been quite longer. So, this wasn't a good idea.
D.  Again a good choice to have crossed the river here.
We were able to give you a total of 7 pts. Very good work. Congratulations and good luck with challenge 2.

Lynn and Fred

EDITED for point correction. mrb

MandelSoft

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 26, 2009, 10:10:33 AM
B.  Tunnels are the most expensive thing to construct when building roads and
WHAT?! I didn't use tunnels anywhere! I builded the road over the lowest hill! Check again the picture!

mrbisonm

No panic please. Could we have a picture of tile A taken from the eastside (right) in view 2 of that specific pass please? If we are wrong we will correct the statements and adjust the points. Thanks

Fred

MandelSoft

mrbisonm

Thank You.
Text and Points have been adjusted. Sorry for our misjudging.

Fred