• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV II-Challenge No 2

Started by mrbisonm, March 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

I'm back, I see that Lynn did a good job with explaining some things, although she has a little more problems to make herself understand, especially in writing, but I am proud of my little girl.

Concerning the C question, when we say at least three tiles , that includes the starting tile. So, if you have showed us the picture of tile B (example) in your first challenge, you will have to start from this tile and have to at least cross over 2 more tiles (to make it a total of 3) to connect to the neighboring region (simland).
Since this issue wasn't clear enough in the challenge, we will not give any penalty points if it wasn't respected by one tile (more or less).

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Kitsune

Just to be clear, if we build a Water Source in tile I, then homes have to go into tile I as well?
~ NAM Team Member

mrbisonm

Quote from: Kitsune on March 28, 2009, 10:05:19 AM
Just to be clear, if we build a Water Source in tile I, then homes have to go into tile I as well?

Only the homes for the workers that work at that specific facility need to be on the same tile. I think it is a dozen or so workers that we asked in the challenge 2, so make it look like there's approximately a dozen people living in the same tile as your waterstation. If you already have other homes, then just show us a picture of homes compared to the distance of job of these workers.

Fred

CabraBuitre

Any limitations in terms of crossing rivers?  i.e. are ferries allowed yet?

Check out Abelfarei!

jjune4991

Quote from: mrbisonm on March 28, 2009, 09:27:46 AM
Concerning the C question, when we say at least three tiles , that includes the starting tile. So, if you have showed us the picture of tile B (example) in your first challenge, you will have to start from this tile and have to at least cross over 2 more tiles (to make it a total of 3) to connect to the neighboring region (simland).
Since this issue wasn't clear enough in the challenge, we will not give any penalty points if it wasn't respected by one tile (more or less).

Fred

so we start in our tiled picture (i.e. tile B) then need to build in 2 other tiles. and at least one of them will need to be on the border (A, B, C, D, G, H, I, K, L, M)?
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

mrbisonm

Quote from: CabraBuitre on March 28, 2009, 08:03:02 PM
Any limitations in terms of crossing rivers?  i.e. are ferries allowed yet?

Yes ferries are allowed but don't count as roads. If you need to cross any river you need to build another bridge.

jjune4991,   Yes, from your tile that you took a picture of in challenge 1, you need at least 2 tiles and no more than 5 tiles to reach any outside bordering tile with a road and then connect to the exterior of the region.

fred

CasperVg

One small question,

Do we have to post two times two pictures (two for each utility) if both of them fit into one picture?
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

mrbisonm

Quote from: caspervg on April 06, 2009, 02:31:13 AM
One small question,

Do we have to post two times two pictures (two for each utility) if both of them fit into one picture?

You need at least one picture of the energy and water facility each, if they show both the plant AND the housings of the workers, but we recommend to show two pictures each from different angles even if it shows both the plant and the homes.

Fred

mrbisonm

IMPORTANT TO KNOW

I was asked this in a pm:

»»» I was wondering how many quads we may play on now, because I seem to remember reading the number 6 in one of the threads in GRVII forum, though I thought it was three from your messages in my challenge threads. I mean, actually developping with towns and stuff? Also, is it permitted to connect them with roads and rails (especially roads)?
thanks «««

You were allowed to actually play on 3 tiles, but with the roads, rails and stuff, Power and water plants you probably have more by now.
At the moment you are not supposed to have any buildings, farms etc in more than 3 tiles, but you may have severals tiles with that 1 railroad and those 2 roads (route 10 and your new one from Challenge2). Plus you might have the powerplant and waterplant in 2 more tiles, making it a total of 5, that is if you don't have these 2 utilities in one of your 3 regular tiles.

Let me reveil you all something here. Make sure that you do not build any roads, rails, buildings and farms in more than 3 tiles (5 with the power and water) because you will understand with challenge 3 why or otherwise have serious problems with it.
Just wait for challenge 3, a certain liberty somehow will be given to everyone then, but.......let's say, I don't want You to be somewhat mad at me and maybe grow even some grey hair if you have more than 3 citytiles (plus 2 for water and power) developped by the next challenge.   ;)

So, don't build any roads nor rails outside these 3 citytiles other than the ones that were asked for in the both challenges and make sure you have no development whatsoever in a 4th or more) citytile by now, except for a Energy and/or waterplant with their housings for the workers only.
If we see more than 3 on the next region picture, a penalty point will be given, plus like I said above, you will certainly regret it somehow.

You are supposed to have by now no more than :

-  3 Citytiles that you played on and have full access
-  2 more citytiles with a water and powerplant and the housings of the workers, but nothing else, besides a road/street and/or rail to access.
-  5 tiles with your mainrail, plus access to your 3 citytiles that you have developped.
-  and several tiles with your route 10 and the new route demanded in Challenge 2.

There's no minimum though.

Hope that clears things up a little.
Just be patient until next the Challenge, which will open your eyes for many things to come.

Fred

turtle

Ok, Fred, thanks for clearing that up.
This means that if I build on a tile with otherwise no access, I can build a road to one of the two routes or connect it to the main rail line (right?).
Cheers,
Thomas
My name is Thomas...

BarbyW

Fred, I am confused. You said:
QuoteIn total you may now have up to 6 tiles developped if you took a tile for each challenge, plus your three (3) freegame tiles.
I have the first tile B developed and then put my water in tile E and my power in tile F. Both of these I have developed a little but then I developed one more as it seemed I could. So I now have 4 tiles under development  :'( I see a penalty point next time.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Quote from: turtle on April 06, 2009, 01:04:28 PM
Ok, Fred, thanks for clearing that up.
This means that if I build on a tile with otherwise no access, I can build a road to one of the two routes or connect it to the main rail line (right?).
Cheers,
Thomas

Yes, if it is one of these 3 tiles that you have freeplay on , or to access one of these tiles that you have either built your energy or water plant.

Quote from: BarbyW on April 06, 2009, 01:47:15 PM
Fred, I am confused. You said: I have the first tile B developed and then put my water in tile E and my power in tile F. Both of these I have developed a little but then I developed one more as it seemed I could. So I now have 4 tiles under development  :'( I see a penalty point next time.

Ok......Your tile B is just perfect. Tiles E and F are ok too, if they have only the housings for the workers and the either either the water and powerplant. If you have more in them, like a farm or two, or a little too many houses etc, get rid of them in one tile. Unless your fourth tile has less development, then get rid of that one completely.
Sorry, there has been a little confusion because I actually have some problem now keeping track of everything since Lynn isn't feeling too good to help me out. (bronchitis).
I don't know where I said you could have 6 tiles (please tell me so I can correct it) but it is supposed to be 5 tiles with two of them containing ONLY the water and powerstations and their worker's home, nothing else, unless you choose to develop these tiles for your three freegame tiles, which then you only have the right to play on 3 tiles.....ohmy....lol.now I am getting confused. %confuso

Hope you aren't.

Fred

Fred

BarbyW

Fred, you said the bit I quoted on the previous page before you left on your trip and left us in Lynn's capable hands.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

wouanagaine

I have a question about the second road :
Am I allowed to build the road so that it will return to first road ? ie can I finish the second road on tile M using the neighbor connexion of the first road ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

soulchaser

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 06, 2009, 02:14:42 PM
Lynn isn't feeling too good to help me out. (bronchitis).

I hope she gets well soon. seems that she's ill for quite a while now. If it's neccessary, you might always pause the whole thing!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Thanks BarbyW.

Quote from: wouanagaine on April 06, 2009, 02:35:57 PM
I have a question about the second road :
Am I allowed to build the road so that it will return to first road ? ie can I finish the second road on tile M using the neighbor connexion of the first road ?

The second road you build you need to have to start in the first tile you freeplayed in (either B, E or H) and end somewhere else (where you want) connected DIRECTLY  to the neighboring regions, and not through route 10. It may however cross any other road, like route 10. (several times if you want to).

soulchaser, Lynn is more or less ok, just having some light breathing problems at the moment (bronchitis) but feeling better each day. That cold she got 3 weeks ago was a real heavy one.
Sofar I can handle the challenge, I only wonder if you all will with the third challenge coming up.

BTW, There are at least three players that have asked me to give them a couple of more days for the challenge 2, so we will give everyone until Friday midnight, April 10th,09, NY time.

Fred

Kitsune

Bring on that third channel  ;D
~ NAM Team Member

lynncanox

I am sorry that I have not come often to comment, but I have some minor problèmes with my cold which is now a bronchite. But it is better tonight because I have slept all day.
I will be back soon.

Lynn &kiss
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Pat

Lynn you take care of yourself first and foremost!!! That is an order from me  ;)

Lynn vous prenez soin de vous d'abord et avant tout!!! C'est un ordre de moi  ;)

Now hopefully google translated that just fine.... OK its 2am and I can rest easy, I havent been feeling the greatest myself and seeing we got till Friday now I can worry about editing my pics later... Thank you Fred for the extenstion!!!

Pat

EDIT:  BTW Fred a question about the new route we need... Does it have to be three full tiles or can you start counting from where we start??? IE I started in E and went threw D and down to G tiles, Does that count as Three or would that be only Two???

Sorry about that,

Pat

NEW EDIT:  I found the answer to my own question as seeing that the starting tile doesn't count... thank you Lynn,

Quote from: lynncanox on March 27, 2009, 10:38:19 PM
Hi Kitsune

I don't understand Your question right, but You have to start the new road from the Route 10 on and then go throu 3 tuiles minimum and no more than 5 tuiles and You have to connect to outer region somewhere. You can cross Route 10 in another tuile if You have to any time. I hope I understood right.

Lynn

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

quackmofro

Oops, I stayed up until 1 to finish and submit it before the old deadline. :P Ah well, I guess this gives me time to work on the other two tiles then.

Get better and rest up, Lynn. The game can most definitely wait.