• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV II-Challenge No 2

Started by mrbisonm, March 22, 2009, 06:54:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lynncanox

Thank-You. Do not worry about the game. Fred will be able to do everything by himself for the moment. I started helping him a little bit.

The competition is very nice this year. We have some very talented players and the challenge two is showing this a lot. I hope that challenge three will not discourage too many of you. Already somebody has left the challenges. Fred will maybe announce this player later. Shame because it was a good start.

Good luck to everybody,

Lynn &kiss
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

threestooges

Just read from the previous page. I hope you're feeling better Lynn, and thanks again you guys, this is a fun little challenge.
-Matt

lynncanox

Thank You Threestooges. I am getting there. Tonight I will start to do a little judging of the second challenge.

Keep up the good work.
                                                      Lynn  &kiss
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Pat

lynn its good to see you back up and on!!! Don't worry I will not throw in my hat at all, might be a little late getting everything in but I am having fun doing this!!! BTW I will have my second challenge posted tonight err tomorrow early morning as soon as I get off work lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Challenge 2 is now officially closed

(except for those who have specific reasons to be late and have informed us of the delay)

Congrats, you have survived another challenge and amazingly we are surprised how different and of excellent choices this challenge was executed by our Players. This wasn't an easy one, to properly choose the best site and location for the powerstation and waterpumps. Also it was interesting to see the destination of your second route.

We will bring you the third challenge within a day.
While you get headaches how to fulfill the new challenges, we will take our time to analyse, judge, giving points and upload our opinions to your Challenge 2 thread. It will be done player by player and could take a few days to finish. Please be patient.

Here's how we judged you and how you should judge my personal challenge 2.
Points are given on a scale of 0 to 5 (insatisfactory to excellent), and points are given on 3 mainsubjects:

1.  Powerplant. The way it is located compared to the towns/villages etc and the size. We asked you to build something big enough for 15,000 to 25,000 population. If the plant looks too big or too small, you will get lesser points. There's also the possibility of pollution, especially with polluting plants and if it is built close to residences.

2.  Waterpump. Again points ar based on the location compared to the towns/villages and also the size of the pumping stations. It should be sufficient for the same population as for the powerplant, not looking too big nor too small.

3.  Concerning your second route, it is judged by the location it was placed compared to route 10 in your region, but without considering any budget costs as for bridges, tunnels etc which will not be accounted for.

Before judging my challenge, please wait until I have judged some of yours. It will give you an idea how to judge about the same way as we did. Good luck.

Again, judging my challenge 2 (mrbisonm) is open to everyone.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Jmouse

Is making a change to a submitted entry before the deadline ever allowed? I left out a sentence which I would like to add. Although it is not critical to the outcome of judging, it would clarify a small point.

Thank you in advance...

Joan

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jmouse on April 11, 2009, 04:21:29 PM
Is making a change to a submitted entry before the deadline ever allowed? I left out a sentence which I would like to add. Although it is not critical to the outcome of judging, it would clarify a small point.

Thank you in advance...

Joan

If you want to add some words , go ahead, in your case the judging of the challenge was done this afternoon, and what you will add after I have offcially answered will not take effect in the judging anymore, because we download everyone's challenge text and pics to work on them. Easier and faster than the NET. So when you see my post below your challenge, it is too late to be judged.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)