• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

La Mancha - Challenge 1

Started by Jmouse, March 22, 2009, 11:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

La Mancha – Challenge 1

Howdy! We just arrived in La Mancha and it's beautiful! It used to be the governor's hunting lease, but he opened it up to developers recently so here we're here and ready to work.

Hooter Hillcrank, my boss and the former mayor of Wildcat Junction, is the new City Manager, and he's already gone out to inspect some new construction. It seems this was just the first order handed down by Governor Bison. I understand there will be more soon.

My job is to get the work orders organized so Hooter can put a team together to plan and finish the upcoming jobs.

He'll be pretty busy for a few days, but he did e-mail these pictures which I've sent to the governor's office.

This one is a pretty good overview of the whole region, showing the new road and rail line:

Looks like somebody put the wrong kind of yellow striping on the road, but that's a small detail I'll take care of myself.

This one shows a road bridge on Map Quad H:

Gotta go now. I hired a contractor to plant some trees in La Mancha – most of the timber was stolen – and he just arrived, so I'll see you back here in a couple of weeks.

Later...
Jmouse

Pat

Joan you are gonna rock here and I am soo happy to see you play in GRV II!!!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

eeeeeek, there's a mouse in the house  &dance

Great to see you on board Joan.

Goodluck

Dave

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge.

You can start playing and build whatever you want in either tile B,E or H, but only in one of them.

mrb/lynncanox

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

TheTeaCat

Wonderful Start Joan &apls

A different choice of route for your rail - I like it :thumbsup:

It'll be really interesting to see how you develop this region, so I'll be following closely to be sure ;D ;D

Hope you enjoy the contest and the very best of luck :D

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A lot of good choices and a lot of bad ones. Let's start with the bad ones.
B.  3 bridges here instead of only 1 elsewhere, bad and costly to construct and maintain. Why not having crossed the road in the same place as the rails (D.) which was an excellent choice. Then taking the long route (E) and being obliged to cross two rivers wasn't the best way either. I didn't say it was a bad idea, but it wasn't the best.
C and D. are excellent passes and I liked that you started the rails in tile G on the bottom.
Generally good work very close to having almost earned another point. Congratulations and good luck with challenge 2.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)