• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge IV

Started by io_bg, May 04, 2009, 02:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

I'm waiting for the orders...
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

RustyXL

Dear Mayor,

We've noticed that there is a lack of development in the south. Now that we are in control we can finally give the south the development it deserves. This is what we need you to build:

1. We will need you to build a new town in tile E. It should have a population of at least 10,000, preferably more. Make sure you provide enough jobs for everyone in this new town, the types of jobs are up to you. If you decide to have industrial jobs make sure the industries are non-polluting.

2. Since all the utilities are in the North, you must build a power plant and water supply enough for 25-30 thousand people. Make sure that the power plant is non-polluting.

3. Make sure that the new town has at least one school, hospital, fire station, and police station.

You may lay out the town however you like as long as you meet the above requirements.

Regards,
Commander Rusty

io_bg

Here are my orders to wouanagaine:
QuoteOn tile A:
1) Build a town with population at least 10 000 people eastern from the river on the tile. Zone residential northern to the main road and commercial southern from it (with at least 5 000 commercial jobs).
2) Build a water and a power source which will be enough for the town.
3) Build at least one school and one hospital.
4) Build a seawall along the river bank to protect the town from the river.

mrbisonm

Reminder:

The time limit is in a little bit over 24 hrs, don't forget this please.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

io_bg

Hi everyone, sorry for being late, but SC4 has been crashing a lot for the last few days so the progress was slow. Hopefully I managed to make what I had to so here are the pictures from challenge IV.
The newly built town on tile E:

The power sources - a geothermal plant and a few wind turbines, and the water one (just a small water pump which is next to the power plant):

A picture with all the civic structures of the town - two schools, a small hospital, a police and a fire station:

And a few other pictures the bridge next to the town on tile E, the monument that Mr Bison requested and another new town which is on tile K.

I hope the pictures satisfy Mr Bison :)

soulchaser

looks harmonic.

I love those street side parking lots. &apls

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

RustyXL

The new town looks good and meets all of our demands. If you don't mind could I see an overview of the town in mayor mode?

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  The orders you gave your adversary are a little dull, if we may say so and it looks somewhat like the repetition of the orders you received from RustyXL, nevertheless we gave you 4 points for it.

2.  The realization of the orders given to you are excellent and we really like the outlay of your town, plus all the fine details in and outside the town. Very good job and a well earned 5 points were added.

3.  we presume that the statue is the one on picture 5. Good statue with an excellent location overlooking the river that separates the two nations. Good job. 5 points.

A lot of effort was put into building the town, no doubt, but more effort could have been added to the description of the pictures. We have added 14 points to your total.

Fred and Lynn