• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge I

Started by io_bg, March 24, 2009, 03:00:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

I'm not really good at story telling so I'll just post the pictures.
Here's the transportation map (unfortunately some of the NAM pieces aren't showing up):

Here's a picture showing tile H at zoom 1 (click for full resolution):

Hope you like them! :)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

mrbisonm

Now that you posted your pictures, you are not allowed to change anything anymore. We made copies and judge the originals only.

We also will not make any comments in this thread besides the judging once it is finished by Wednesday next week, but we will make useful and friendly comments in your regular thread of GRV. Points will be given 3 to 4 days after the challenge is finished and will be posted in the Pointage Sheet.
Also your points only together with an explanation and comments why we gave you these points, will be posted here at the end of this challenge. Good luck.

You can start playing and build whatever you want in either tile B,E or H, but only in one of them.

mrb/lynncanox

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

io looking good here for your bordertown!!!  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Good choice of having the river crossed here.
B.  Bad choice to have started the rails here. Mountainous terrain is veryyy expensive in railbuilding and therefor not appreciated by the Governor, but I like the way you followed the foothills just south of this error.
C.  4 bridges for the price of 2, double cost and even more for maintenance. Bad idea, good for the looks, but bad for the governor.
D.  Both crossings were a good choice.

Generally good work, although close to a total of 5 points, I had no choice to give you 6. Congratulations and good luck with challenge 2.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)