• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bordertown Challenge 1 - basic transportation

Started by buddybud, March 24, 2009, 09:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buddybud

Bordertown Transportation Progress Report:

At the request of Governor Freddy Bison and the Peoples of Crapsody we present the progress report on the transportation link across the "Grand River Region", locally known as "Bordertown". As is understood both major land claims and corporate rights exist above the north shore of the Newton River. On this side we secured rights down through the glacial valley across the "East Newton" at Hurley's Ridge. The Rail right of way was given access along the west side of the ridge and has provided excellent grade for the decent from the valley across the river running south east to the main river valley. The road was cleared on a more direct route skirting to the north of the ridge and runs down to the "Folkmere Island Bird Sanctuary" as seen in the aerial view below.

As you know a great controversy was caused by the initial request to gain access across the island. In the end it was agreed apon by the locals that access would be granted as long as a causeway was built so as not to disturb the habitat. Though costly the shorter spans end up with us more financially sound. To the south, the right of way was easily accessed south along the river front down to the estuary and south around "The milling pond". In fact the people of this southern region seem eager to develop their properties and have eagerly anticipated the first real settlements, where as those of the north seem more interested in retaining their rural habitat. Decisions will have to made or "FIXED"
  Again our major achievement is the causeway of which our people should be proud, balancing both ecology and development which nicely mirrors the corporate and private concerns alike, not to mention the saved money. Below i've provided a nice photo for your files and hopefully your brochures!

Prepared by the Regional Planning Dept
in the year of Our Boar 1924

Bud

Pat

hey Bud so you know you will need a zoom 1 pic of that tile (Newton River Causeway and South Shore)... Is that Zoom 1?? but otherwise I like the color of your river there  :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

buddybud

thanx pat...

...made it with 5 min..heh.

bud

mrbisonm

.....want some stress?.... %wrd

18 hrs left to deadline and counting..........tic tac tic tac tic...... ;)

Fre

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mightygoose

I spy with my little eye, some unreleased custom content :D,

fantastic work and the maxis terrain looks real tidy with that replacement beach and rock mod.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

Ennedi

Quote from: mightygoose on March 26, 2009, 06:09:30 AM
I spy with my little eye, some unreleased custom content :D,

fantastic work and the maxis terrain looks real tidy with that replacement beach and rock mod.

Nothing wise to add  :D
The region looks great, I like it a lot! :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

mrbisonm

First of all let us congratulate You. You have made it through the first Mayor's test.
On the picture below, circles with letters will indicate what was important in your region for this challenge. If we say we don't like or we like, it doesn't mean that it's the same for others. We are judging to our lknowledge and what would be the most logical thing to do in our opinion, remember this.

A.  Both for road and rail, mostly rail, it wasn't a good choice to have them started in the mountains since constructions and maintenance is always higher in thse terraintypes.
B.  Another bad idea is to have them both crossed where multiple bridges were necessary. Single bridges are less expensive and many locations on the map would have been ideal for crossing and less expensive.
C.  Good idea to have them crossed the river here
D.  Two good choices of river crossings.

If you would have crossed both road and rail in tile F and continued southward to tile I and then tile M, you would have avoided building two extra bridges and cut the cost of bridgebuilding (tile E) for more than 30%, and have earned another point. Good work in general. Congratulations and good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

superhands

nice creation bud $%Grinno$%

i like pic no 2. it would make for a nice town in between the road and rail at the 90 curve.