• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

mrb's Challenge 1

Started by mrbisonm, March 25, 2009, 09:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Splime

I still think those curves are fairly sharp, from a driving point of view. After all, they would definitely require slowing down to go through. It probably could have been a bit smoother, as Rayden said.

metarvo

Roads - 3

The sharp turns, as I'm sure it has been noted, seem a little abrupt in places.  Even if they may have been cheaper to build that way, safety and commute time are two other factors that must be considered.  Money isn't everything...  ;D.  Then again, you're the Governor, so it's your money, after all.

Rails - 4

After all is said and done, this is a logical route through the southern areas of the Bordertown region.  The only thing that bothers me is the fact that the rails provide no access to the northern section.

Bonus - 0

No bonus points this time.  It's too bad that you didn't post that wonderful explanation about the Ideal Route in your challenge thread, thereby missing one bonus point.

Total - 7

A good job, and certainly nothing to be ashamed of.  After all, the job of a Mayor (or Governor) is never easy.  Keep up the good work, Fred.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Diggis

Actually that bridge looks like a death trap to me.  Those sharp corners coming off the bridge look like the ideal place for an unwary driver to go off the road.  Fortunatly it's onto flat land, but I'm not looking forward to seeing this once it's built up some.    ()sad()

soulchaser

I would also still say, these curves are too sharp. I would be annoyed to drive this way all day to get to work. it''s almost a roundabout.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

Ennedi

Guys, please stop critique this poor bridge  :) It looks very nice! Maybe there will be a scenic point at that place, or maybe a road went from the West many years ago... Now there is a new road here but the bridge is old and it wouldn't be economical to bulldoze it?
And after all, even the most practical Governor can free his fantasy from time to time :thumbsup:

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

Quote from: jmyers2043 on March 26, 2009, 06:07:47 AM
Roads - perfect in every way - 5

Rails - perfect again - 5

Bonus points awarded for being perfect - 2

Total Score = 12 (says Jim who is trying to grease the wheels until they can be greased no more)  :D :D :D
Quote from: Rayden on March 26, 2009, 09:01:11 AM
I think Pat is changing your CML right now, to BSC Greasyboy  $%Grinno$%

Hehhehee hmmmm Silvio I think I might do that in the CML thread lol.... now we need a new icon hmmm

4 = Roads

5 = Rails

OK now what I see for a fair score I would go for about 9...

Why is the roads are perfect and the rails are setup just right and seeing how you followed to the most part your budget  ;)

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

lynncanox

Can I judge You also?

I do not know why everybody not liking the road and bridge in A. It seems to look scenic and nice, maybe a little dangerous. But if You put a Danger sign there, it will be ok.
I will give you a 3 for the road because the bridge over the big river is very long. There are shorter places, and a 4 for Your rail because it takes a short way to go through the region . Total » 7.
That is good I think enough.
                                                  Lynn
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

mrbisonm

Yeah Canox, you can judge me too....lol...you do that often anyways ;)

All the Votes are in and calculated. I didn't count the 12 pts from jmyers.
So, we had 16 judgements that gave us a total of 113 pts, divided by 16 = 7.0625

Meaning that I got 7 points for my challenge 1, which btw is pretty good. Thanks.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)