• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge II - water, power & the second road.

Started by mightygoose, March 26, 2009, 07:03:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

"Welcome to the water works, where, water is cleaned and solyent is greened....."

As you can see, the workers live only a short distance from the plant, amongst the fir trees of the valley...

The Plant is comprised of the the fresh water filtration plant on the left and the sewage extraction plant on the right....

Serving approximately 22,000 homes the plant also provides the majority of the regions manure...

"Now for the power station, where, the warmth of the Earth fuels your hearth....."

The powerplant is built on the site of an old gas fire station, and the gasometers remain standing, abandoned decades ago....

The stations primary geothermal heat exchanger is supplemented by three satellite groundwater pumps, one can be seen here near the workers housing....

The workers housing is part of a small town in the area, in this shot you can see the local high school and the commuter train to elsewhere in the region....

Here you can see an updated transit map with the second major route, 12 added....

Mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mightygoose

NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

newsimaddict

Nice lotting! It looks like you put tons of effort into every detail.

I really like the sewage plant the most - I have to ask as to why its on an slope though?

Great job again.

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

wouanagaine

I really like you water pump system, can you please tell us what lot ( or bat if it is your own lot ) you used ?

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

mrbisonm

Judging of challenge 2

A.   Although the road went through a part that was already covered by route 10, it finally gave access to the southwest, which was not connected. We gave you 4 points for the route challenge.
B.   The powerplant is beautfiful, well placed and good use of lots. Using thermal energy is excellent and fencing is perfect. We gave you 5 points for the power challenge.
C.   We gave you 4 points for the water challenge, simply because the plant looks a little bit too big for a 15K to 25K population in our opinion, otherwise excellently done, good use of lots and very good location.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, we are impressed with the details of your pictures ahich surely will give you a lot of points once asked for. Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)