• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Bordertown - Challenge 2 by tooheys

Started by tooheys, April 02, 2009, 02:52:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tooheys

Well after Challenge 1, I guess there is only one way to go, doooowwwwn  :D

So lets get to it.

Powerstation

The powerstation has been built in Bancroft Crossing aka TILE E.

Originally the site of a truffle farm, the owner soon went broke, there just aren't any keen nosed pigs in the area.
So smelling a bargain  $%Grinno$% and looking for a site to set up a power station in the region, the site was
purchased for next to nothing. The farmers weren't happy, but so far there have been no signs of mutant crops or
5 legged cows.

Business wise, it wasn't a bad move. The plant generates power from burning rubbish and animal waste (to put it nicely  ;) ).
The location also provides easy access to 4 neighbouring towns. The bigger they grow, the more rubbish available and
the more power generated.

The workers reside in homes nearby, mostly vacated by locals who had a problem with the smell of burning cow @#$!.
But the benefits are there. The company funded the construction of the local school and fully subsidises the fire station.
(a smouldering manure chip escaping thru the stack could cause disaster)

Water

Water from the region originates from Bancroft Ponds aka TILE G.

One of a few springs in the area, this one was preferred more than the others due to it's location.
The others were located more centrally in the region, where most of the development in the region is
expected to occur. So while it might cost a little more in building pipelines to the other side of the region,
the water will  remain reasonably pure without the necessity of expensive filtering precesses.
And anyway, the other springs can be marketed as spas with amazing health benefits. I said marketed,
doesn't mean it's true  ???

The facilty only requires a a regular contingent of 3 staff to monitor operations. They have been
provided with a group of cabins for accommodation, although these can house a dozen more workers when
maintenance or repairs are required. The single cabin is for the supervisor who rarely makes an official visit,
although seems to drop by every Wednesday with an undisclosed blonde. (That's only rumour of course)

One More Road

Rte 87 runs off Rte 10 at Munmorah Steps (TILE B). Initially it turns west before heading southeast and heading
towards the county line. It is purposely directed this way to cover the western tiles. Money permitting, and with
the appropriate planning approvals, you can see the proposed link that will provide a ring road around what is expected
to be the greatest area of development in the region.

So thats Challenge 2. Good luck everyone.

Dave

Rayden

Nice work Dave. I love the little lots with the wooden houses by the water facility. :thumbsup:

Just one minor detail, the texture layer under the manure, exchange it for a dirt one, it will look a lot nicer, and appropriate. ;)

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

rooker1

Hey Dave,
Nice pics and the regional view looks very promising.  I like how you have laid out your transit and the purposed extention makes sense.
Good luck playing the game,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmyers2043

I like the use of the pegs ponds as a setting for your water. I also like your propose new route. The govenor should like your forward thinking too.  :D
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Judgement of Challenge 2

A.  Excellent choice to run the new route and good idea for the future extension. We gave you 4 points for this challenge, because you could have improved it a little more by accessing more new terrains.
B.   Very good position of the powerplant, well fenced in and guarded. Nice choice of lots. We liked the controlled entrance and we gave you 4 points for the power challenge.
C.   Very nice outlay of the waterfacility, well thought over and original. We gave you a solid 4 for this challenge.

A Total of 12 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, quite well done. A lot of work and effort were implicated in your challenge, and it turned out pretty good. Overall Nice. Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

Edit: Forgot to mention that the description of the pictures was excellent.

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)