• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 2

Started by wouanagaine, April 07, 2009, 01:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

I will hopefully post this evening

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

wouanagaine

The new road

The water station ( tile I ), with a rain collector and a aquifer pump

It is on hill so the water pression is enough to bring water for almost all the region
There are 2 CS so people don't have to take cars for foods etc..

And finally the power station (Tile B ), this is a methane station

There are 2 CS so workers and theirs family don't have to take cars for foods, and a small park for workers' children

And one additional night pic

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

jmyers2043

I like the water collector. That is a great idea.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

newsimaddict

The water collector idea is great - the road and scenery around it really drives that country feel!

mrbisonm

Judgment of challenge 2

A.  The new route was well placed although we didn't like that it ended in the same tile, not very realistic for two official routes to have the same direction, but we gave you 4 points for the route challenge because it gave access to a new area of the region.
B.  Excellent choice of powerlots, extremely well detailed and securily fenced in. Also the size is respected. It is worth a good 5 points.
C.   The waterpumps are wonderfully placed and organized, the idea is genious and very original. The use of lots alos is just great and we both had an argument to give you either a 4 or 5  for this, finally deciding it was worth 5 points, which is excellent and certainly one of the best in this challenge.

A Total of 14 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, we are impressed with your waterstation.

BTW, not counting in for any points, the details of your terrain and surroundings are excellent. Now get the sims move into the region!

Lynn and Fred

Edit: Correction done to points which meant to be 5 points and not 6 points in challenge C. Sorry for the error.
Fred

wouanagaine

wow, I'm speechless , I didn't expect that much
Good point on the road

New Horizons Productions

mrbisonm

We were almost speechless when we saw your set. ;) Excellent work.
Now get some sims into your region, maybe we will judge if you have civilized the region a little bit the next time.

Fred

newsimaddict

wouanagaine - the 3 houses leading up the hill with the long driveways - did you plop those or control what was built there or did they grow on their own? (they look so similar to how i've seen houses and driveways positioned) great job on those regardless...and congrats on the big points!

Splime

That was an amazing performance for this challenge!

About the roads though—while I agree that it doesn't open up as much of the region to roads as it could have, I would argue that it is realistic to have two state roads going the same direction like that. It's not exactly common, but I happen to live near an example:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&ll=41.492892,-73.495102&spn=0.17847,0.30899&z=12

You may notice that routes 37 and 39 continue in the same direction (north/south). They both start at the same junction in Danbury, CT, then cross in New Fairfield, then cross (and share the same road for a bit) in Sherman, before splitting one last time. (They don't continue much further.) So, this combination of roads is realistic (if you consider realistic to mean that it could occur in real life.)

mrbisonm

Splime, you're right, maybe we shouldn't have mentioned the word " realistic" in this case. Even if it happens once in awhile in real life it doesn' t mean that it is logical. Besides who says everything humans build is logical?  Since we both are the judges in this case, we both figured out that another route could have made a difference.  Thanks for pointing it out though, much appreciated.

Fred

wouanagaine

Quote from: newsimaddict on April 15, 2009, 04:58:47 PM
wouanagaine - the 3 houses leading up the hill with the long driveways - did you plop those or control what was built there or did they grow on their own? (they look so similar to how i've seen houses and driveways positioned) great job on those regardless...and congrats on the big points!
Everything RCI is grown :) Those are part of cycledogg 19th century and are very slope friendly, so slope friendly that they are almost the only ones that can grow on such sloped hill at that stage ( stage 1 R$ ). Hence the repetition, hopefully Cycledogg made some variations

As for the road the initial goal was to get around what could be the futur center town, and provide access to future seaport in the same time. I'm not pleased with it but I thought going again into the north mountain near the see wouldn't be that smart. Obviously I was wrong :)

New Horizons Productions