• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV Challange 2

Started by jjune4991, April 07, 2009, 12:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjune4991

"Finally," Mayor Joe exclaimed. "I'm finished. Now off to my vacation home in Malta!"
"Wait Joe," demanded the rulers of the land. "We need you to build so people can live here."
"Fine, what do you want?" asked Joe.
"Well, you need power and water. Another highway will help for more traffic," explained the rulers.
"Ok, how about this?" Joe proclaimed.

First, Mayor Joe announced the plan for a power station consisting of 9 windcatchers. NOT 10, but 9. It was placed on the Ignon Island in Delta City (Tile E).

Once the people finished the construction, Joe demanded that they live on the island so that nothing will go wrong...

Next, Joe demanded a water pump to be located on the other island in Delta City, Yearling Island.

The people responsible for creating such a pump were then told to live next to it, that way water would be pumping all the time.

After those two problems were fixed, Mayor Joe finished the new highway in the region, U.S. Highway 6. After crossing Delta City and its two islands, it moved west into Inus, then southwest into Lakeland. Once there it takes a hard left and moves east, passing through Vincian Point and Yuzian Lake until it finally heads southeast into oblivion...rather Simnation.

So then Mayor Joe, having finished his work, moved to his vacation home. Away from the rulers and all their challenges...or so he thought.
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens each in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

Hint: If possible do not take pictures with the grid on. To turn off the grid just hit the "G" key on your board before taking the pictures. Also never show a picture in a closer view than 5, they aren't clear and therefore in future judging might get less points.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jjune4991

ahh!!! i'm sorry. I always forget the grid!!!

and with the view problem, view 5 is the smallest? how many views are there?

sorry if this makes any problems!

mightygoose

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 09, 2009, 03:52:25 PM

Hint: If possible do not take pictures with the grid on. To turn off the grid just hit the "G" key on your board before taking the pictures. Also never show a picture in a closer view than 5, they aren't clear and therefore in future judging might get less points.

Fred

that may change sooner than you think :P
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

mrbisonm

Judgement of Challenge 2

A.   Giving your new route a lot of access to new terrains was a great idea, we liked it alot and gave you 5 points for your decision.
B.  Using windpower is excellent and besides me I think, you're the only one who used it. We gave you 3 points for the location and use of windpower, missing some lively details and imagination.
C.  Simple and surely effective, but missing some livelyhood and imagination we thought. We gave you 3 points for the waterchallenge.

A Total of 11 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, fairly well done. Could use some more imagination and time/effort  in the game. Excellent logical decision on the new route. Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

jjune4991

yea, i kinda didn't really give much imagination into this challange. kinda kicking myself now  :'(

mrbisonm

Quote from: jjune4991 on April 15, 2009, 07:58:52 PM
yea, i kinda didn't really give much imagination into this challange. kinda kicking myself now  :'(

..need some help? I'm good at kicking (former soccerplayer).....lol ;)

jjune4991

well what would you suggest? I don't want too many BATS. anything you can think is greatly appreciated!  ;D

mrbisonm

Just an example, there are other water and energy BATs on the LEX and the STEX, something different and you could have used the Maxis cheat to plop some industrials nearby to make it look like the controlroom for the windturbines. Also use some mayor ploppables to give the surroundings a little more details.
Look around you how the real world looks like and try to add some details to your creations in your city. It doesn't need much to make a big difference. I also recommend that you look around in the MD/CJ section, look at the mayor's pictures, you can learn a lot there and it will surely give you ideas.
Good luck.

Fred