• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3

Started by Pat, April 09, 2009, 03:34:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Challenge III is issued!!!
Quote from: mrbisonm on April 12, 2009, 09:55:53 PM
CHALLENGE 3

«« Governor Freddy Bison called all Mayors in an Emergency Meeting to the Capitol City. It is to inform them about the political situation that the region is suffering at the moment.
"Ladies and Gentlemen" as he started the speech with a lowtoned worried voice, " we have a serious political problem in our region of Grand River. Last night a group of heavily armed political Separatists decided to cut off every acces to the opposite side to the Grand River region, cutting our region into two equal halves, the north and south. Since this has become a very fragile international situation, we are heavily watched over on how we handle this matter. For the moment we cannot do anything more than continue to just govern our half of the region only and leaving the rest to our separatists until hopefully things will calm down and negociations will come to a mutual agreement and end this dispute for once and all. Meanwhile let's do the best we can, not only to govern our regionhalf, but also to avoid any unnecessary violent confrontation with the Separatists." Governor Bison sadly announced. »»

ok, you can close your mouths now......Yap, the region is now officially separated and called *Bordertown* from now on. You have lost the power to control the other half. The official Borderline is seen in the picture below, everything above the line belongs to the north and everything below the line belongs to the south from now on.

You decide which side you want to continue to govern, you only choose one side, either the north or the south. It's up to you. Once chosen the other side will be controlled by someone else (yet to define), and it is not the Governor nor his wife who will do so, but.......
Every Player will have an oponent to play remotely in his/her region, meaning the part that you lost control over now is totally under your oponent's and Competitor's power. Everything will be clearly explained in a later announcement.

I can hear the yelling in the room of all the mayors by now, but before we all panic, Silence please......."hammering away on the desk"...Gentlemen......SILENCE!...Please......let's listen to what this is all about first.....and then panic!

You will continue to totally control the part that you have chosen to play in, whether it is the north or the south, and a randomly chosen oponent GRV II player will control the other part of your region by telling you where and how to build certain "challenges" that the future will be asking for.
Now, how exactly that will function will be explained later. Of course you will be the one who still has control over your region and you will plop or grow on both sides, but the side that is controlled by the Separatists will only be done with instructions by that specific other Player that has the control over his/her regionhalf.

For now your challenge is to determine which side (north or south) you choose to continue to fully govern by yourself.

Example: If you have chosen the north to continue to govern, you may do so in tiles A, B, C and K without any restrictions, but in tiles D, E, F and L, you will be limited to the northern part of the river ONLY. (above the official borderline) The other half below will be in the hands of your oponent.....and vice versa.

Depending on which side you have chosen to play and which have or have not the lots (Power and Water) of the previous challenges, you will be asked to build your own Power and Waterstation now, on your side, so your sims are able to continue to function properly. Do not cut any power/water supply to the other side though if the power and water is on your chosen side, the Governor has given permission to continue the use of power and water for peaceful reasons and for a period of time. Let's allow them the time to build their own or build our own.

Plus, to make things a little more complicated, you will build another Route starting somewhere and finishing somewhere else. You can start it from another route or from anyplace of the neighboring region and have it ended anywhere where you want it, whether it is in conjunction of another route, crossing it or connected to the neighboring region or simply ending.....nowhere in a cul-de-sac (end of road). It can be build in either halves (north or south), whether your own part that you will govern or your oponent's part. If so in the oponent's part, it might give you mutual advantages later. Bridges are allowed to be build under the conditions mentioned in part 3 below only. Give it an official number please.

This will be the LAST OFFICIAL ROUTE in your region, all other roads/streets that you will place will not bear any numbers anymore, but names only. These three routes will be under federal/governmental law, meaning that you will not be able to change their directions without permission from the Governor himself. (remember I have a copy of your region picture with these routes on my computer). There will be futur challenges concerning these routes.

"OMG WOW what a shocker!!!" Patrick thought to himself...  I am running North as where my family is and I cant stay here in the lovely south man this sucks...  I can't believe its happening as I saw some armed separatist gather on both sides and right under my nose... How could I have been sooo blindsided by this???

Thats the official map that has been put on my desk as I am trying to pack everything up here.... I cant believe this happening its happening all so fast!!!! Well I will be back in a few days here with hopefully trying to get stuff straightened out!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Rayden

As soon as you post challenge 3 (you're very, very late) I need a region census map to see what you've done so far and I can plan on what to give you do next.
The longer you take to do this, the later I'll give you the orders, and that will shorten your time to do this challenge. &mmm

Pat

I am sorry Silvio that I have ran very late in this challenge been sicker then a dog today on Saturday.... Migrane so bad I've even well gotten sick from it... I have mustered up this little devolpement here and I have choosen the North as I said in my other post.... I made it my choice as I believed it would be to my advantage... So anyways here are the pics for this challenge...

Route 290 is the last offical route controlled by the federal government...  As you can also see there are cut points in the map... You can see that Route 290 is cut in the south, Route 10 has a check point on the island and the BTR is cut in the north... Now here are those close up pics on each point....

Route 290's cut point....

Route 10 Check Point...

BorderTownRail cut point....

OK so now here is the only town that I have worked in and its E aka Edwardstown...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Very late indeed, but just in time!

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Simpson

Your challenge 3 is looking nice, my friend. The overwiev is magnificent  &apls
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

Pat, you're doing a great job, but please take care of yourself first. You have many friends here, and if there's anything any of us can do that doesn't break the rules, please don't hesitate to ask!

I've liked your road signs ever since I saw them the first time. Looks like you've almost filled up your E Tile, too, and you've created a nice contrast between the north and south. Just try keep up the good work, do what you can when you can and ask for help if you need it.

Later...
Joan

Pat

Fred and Lynn thank you and I am soooo sooo very sorry for my tardiness... Its Sunday morning and again at work all day today lol... Ugggh anyways I do have slight problem I got up early and I was going to take "extra pics" before work in the E tile... Well it seems in my foggy haze of a day yesterday I must have hit "exit without save" cause all my hard work is not there gaah!!! Do I have permission to fix it? thanks.....

Joan thank you soo much for your encouragement again!!! Honestly I am in a bit of tears here reading as that means a lot to me!!!! All I can say is thank you sooo much!!!!!! I am going to take it easy today after when I get home from work and get some more sleep... I am glad you are liking my road signs!!!

David I am glad you have also liked my challenge III and the overview pic...

TheTeaCat

OOh Thats a shame Pat,

Recover quickly mate thats the main thing  :thumbsup:
Maybe this will help Daeley's Save Alarm Mod in preventing this from occurring again :thumbsup:

regards
Derry

Ps made this for you to aid in your recovery :thumbsup:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Derry thank you mate!!!  :thumbsup:  That has it the spot for sure!!!

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

Pat

A.   Route 290 is about in the best spot it could be and therefore worth 5 points to us. The idea was to cover the whole region with 3 routes at first.
B.   The roadcutoff is very well done with the access roads and rocks and although this was supposed to be an act of one night and the fences were erected pretty fast in our means, it still looks very good, so does the mainroad control point and the rails. Although both acces roads near the rails have no connection to nowhere, we gave you 5 points for the cutoff challenge. Very well done and naturally packaged.
C.   You didn't show much of your regional works and only 1 picture from view 1, although we asked for a minimum of 3 pictures. We gave you 3 points for this challenge and unfortunetly had to take away another point as a penality point because you didn't respect the minimum of pictures asked for.

A Total of 12 Points were added to your challenge. (13 pts minus 1 pen pt = 12 pts)

Hope you feel better now, this is quite important for the next challenge.Good luck.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

Pat

Thank you Lynn it was a hard challenge for me this round and I bet it was equally hard for you and Fred to judge...