• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challange 2

Started by antn, April 10, 2009, 11:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antn

The Bordertown region need a source of power, thus a power plant needed to be built. Several ways to produce this power was considered such as coal, water but wooden chips was the source of energy that was chosen. As we all know something is going on with the climate on our planet, it is getting warmer and human production of carbon dioxide is believed to be the main reason of this heating. With this in mind a environmental friendly choice was the only possible choice. There are several ways to produce energy without increasing the carbon dioxide levels of the atmosphere and nuclear energy is one of those but is way too expensive for such a small region as the Bordertown region. Using coal to produce energy has is throughly tested but not too friendly too the environment if the carbon dioxide is not stored somewere, but storage of such gasses is not cheap and is thus not a eligble choice. Using the wind to produce power is certainly a environmental friendly source of power but it is not very reliable because as you all know the wind does not always blow and therefore does not always provide energy. A reliable and relativly environmental friendly source of power is the forests. Wooden chips is burned to produce electric energy and that is the source that was chosen. (The power plant was built in tile M)
Housing for the power plant workers.

The water in the river needs some processing before it is of drinking water quality, in the water purification facility the water is pH-adjusted, and it is separated through flocculation and sedimentation, after that it is desinfected.

And of course the worker of the water purification facility need someplace to live.

Route 14 was built to connect the region to the cities south west.

I know this is a bit late ( 2h after deadline ) but I hope it is OK. I have worked all night and the sun has been up for at least an hour and my beer is out and so is my wine and it is time for me to go to bed but at least I have finished this challange. So, good night.

soulchaser

I love your workers' houses. fits pretty well

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Your challenge 2 is well done according to the rules and the demands. You can now play on 2 more citytiles anywhere in your region. This will be a part of challenge 3. Make sure that you have at least 100 citizens each in all three tiles you played in (no population max limit).

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Judgement of Challenge 2

A.  Very good choice of location for the new route, although a better place was elsewhere. We gave you 4 points for accessing new terrains in the southeast.
B.  Very nice lot of the powerplant and the idea was original too. The worker's housings look great. We liked the fence with both facilities and the train accessibility. We gave you 5 points for the power challenge.
C.   Again, nice lot and good choice of props. The waterplant looks quite good and the location is good too. We gave you 4 points for this challenge.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

Congratulations, quite well done. Very nice lots been used. We liked the fencing, trains, details and locations. Good luck with the next challenge.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)