• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV II-Challenge No 3

Started by mrbisonm, April 11, 2009, 09:58:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Quote from: mrbisonm on April 19, 2009, 04:18:14 PM
Unless you live within different dates, we still have 10 days to the deadline.
:thumbsup:

Fred

I remember having said more than once that I wouldn't mind to live in NoG, 3RR and other amazing places, but unfortunately I'm still on earth $%Grinno$%

mrbisonm

Quote from: Rayden on April 19, 2009, 04:56:09 PM
I remember having said more than once that I wouldn't mind to live in NoG, 3RR and other amazing places, but unfortunately I'm still on earth $%Grinno$%

lol.......hm.......how about Winding River? .... :thumbsup:

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Well, it is that time again to make a stop to the 3rd challenge, but somehow only about half have updated so far and at least 6 have pm'ed me to ask for a day or two delay.

So, here it is, the final notice!!!. This is the last delay that I will give. You had more than 2 weeks, c'mon now..... &mmm

Deadline for the third challenge is Friday, May 1st 2008, Midnight NY time
All others posted later than this will get NO POINTS, even if you pm me.

Fred and Lynn

Pat

Fred I was about to PM you and I appoligize been very busy with the fire department and that has drained me emotionaly.... been very busy with brush fires up here and medical calls plus not to mention my other job working at the radio station... I will take a zero this round but if you want me to go till friday i will do my best to get something in by then...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

Quote from: mrbisonm
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Does this restriction apply to non-essential decorative elements such as placing rocks and weeds along a shoreline or planting trees? Judging from the tone and color of the Governor's statement I think I know the answer, but hopefully it won't hurt to ask! :)

Joan

jmyers2043

If I am Joan's partner? I'll make her pluck the fourth weed from the left.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jmouse on April 29, 2009, 10:10:18 PM
Does this restriction apply to non-essential decorative elements such as placing rocks and weeds along a shoreline or planting trees? Judging from the tone and color of the Governor's statement I think I know the answer, but hopefully it won't hurt to ask! :)

Joan

I guess everything that is natural (and not man-made), tress, rocks, etc, is ok to touch up in the separatist's zone.

Pat, you have until friday ONLY. Make sure no brushfires come in between......maybe a raindance would help? ;)

jmyer's....I don't know, the names who will order who are in the hands of Lynn, she will mix them up.

Fred

metarvo

I'm about to wrap Challenge 3 up, and I must say that it is without a doubt one of the top five scariest things I've ever seen in a SimCity game.  $%Grinno$%  I'm kidding.  This challenge has caused my brain to work overtime, more than I ever have before in SimCity, but that's what makes GRV II so much fun.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

MandelSoft

I wonder who gets my patch of land...  ::)

... and who's land I get in return.

Actually, this challenge is all about losing something and winning something. You lose a half of your region, but in return, you get a patch of land in someone else's region. At the end, you haven't lost that much in total, right?

I'm looking forward to the next Challenge!  ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mrbisonm

We're glad that you all seem to like the challenges sofar. The next three challenges should be fun.....or .....well......maybe fun for one half , the one half you will be directing into.....maybe disaster? I wonder........what the other half will be............

Challenge 4 will be posted as soon as we have all the entries in and/or midnight friday. Get those challenge 3 posted!

Fred

Pat

LoL Fred the rain dance is working but now I got called into my regular job all afternoon ugggh.... Top of the 8th inning right now for a Milwaukee Brewers Baseball rebroadcast game here soo as soon as I get home I will finish up on challenge III woohoo!!!

EDIT correction that was a fast top of the eight now into the Brewers bottom of the eight lol!!!  I might get home tonight before 11pm cst wooohoo!!! Been at work since about 12pm running this darn board lol

NEW EDIT: Ugggh didnt make in till midnight grrr bad luck I should have kept my mouth quite lol... Had technical issues at work but home now and working on my Challenge III now yay!!!

newsim thanks and yes I do work for a radio station as a board operator part time but hey its fun.. When the hours hit though they hit like they did today errr yesterday Thrusday lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

newsimaddict

pat, radio eh? like-minded here.

good luck with get non-fire call outs and finishing the challenge- i just managed to get mine in!

As mrtnrln was saying, yay you get to half control someone elses but i had so many plans for my other half and knew that with time running out that if I didn't get done by the end of this challenge that i'd never get the chance to do it. tis a pity but at the same, very challenging these missions.  :)

Rayden

OK, challenge uploaded. Sorry the delay but that was a chaotic week with work. On top of it, by stupidity from me, I lost a fool full day cleaning a small trojan pandemic on my PC, and to add more, after uploading the images to ImageShack, some of its servers decide to go down, making some of my images not to show. Today I had to upload them to another server, so, I think now it's all right.

Edit: Did I say fool? I meant full, I was the fool one :D

mrbisonm

Great to hear that you're all coming along nicely even with some minor problems.
BTW Newsimaddict, The Governor will do everything possible to negociate the reunion of Grandvalley River one day, maybe it will work out. Maybe even one day it will be «Your» job to get us all re-united again and you will be able to fulfill the plans you had in store for that part of the region afterall......or maybe not.

;)

Fred

Less than 12 hrs left for the deadline!

threestooges

Well, as far as I can tell, mine is posted and ready for judging. Finals will be over on the 12th and then I should be able to actually devote the time necessary to get something done in less than 2 weeks, heh heh.
-Matt

metarvo

I'm happy to say that I have finished Challenge 3.  Now that it's over, I am looking forward to Challenge 4.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

mrbisonm

Challenge 3 is now officially closed.

Congratulations you have yet survived another challenge and have certainly earned some good points. Now that you will concentrate on your next challenge, we will go through your challenge's pictures and descriptions to find points that we can give you. It might take awhile, especially in the beginning, since I will be out busy with RL for at least the 5 next days, but we will slowly post our decisions one by one again.

Here's how we judged you in Challenge 3 and how you should judge my personal challenge 3.
Points are given on a scale of 0 to 5 (insatisfactory to excellent), and points are given on 4 mainsubjects:

1. The originality of the road and rail *cutoffs*, also the logical decision to have done so. Keeping in mind that the *cutting off* was done quickly and temporarily by the rebels for the moment being.

2. The official Pass over the river and mainentrance to the rebel's territory, the way it looks, the originality and how/where it is positioned, always remembering the instant that it was done.

3. Logical decision for placing the third federal route in your region to get the maximum access to the rest of the citytiles that were left without federal road access.

4. This is the hard part to judge. Giving points of what you have done in other parts of the region, details, organizations, how you placed Res, Com and Industrials and location, roads and rails and the whole togetherness of your pictures. If it looks good, logical and close to RL, it's worth some points. The better it looks, ther more points.

Before judging my challenge, please wait until I have judged some of yours within a few days. It will give you an idea how to judge about the same way as we did. Good luck.

Again, judging my challenge 3 (mrbisonm) is open to everyone, Players and lurkers.

Lynn and Fred