• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3

Started by mattb325, April 18, 2009, 03:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

Challenge III: Bordertown Separatists

Bordertown has grown significantly with the introduction of water and power: 110,000 citizens now call Bordertown home.

Tensions had been riding high between the public/private partnership of the Aqua Del Podesta Water Works for many months. The consortium was annoyed that no suitable land had been given for it to build its bottling plant - a crucial part of the viability of the contract.

Negotiations and legal threats for potential breach of terms had been going on for many months, until one day the corporate counsel for the company evicted the government workers from the building and delivered the following leaflet (in Italian) to the embassy building on the northern shores of Tile E.

The ambassador's non-plussed reaction infuriated the counsel who immediately reported the incident to his superiors. Insensed, they formed the schism group called the "Preoccupato Città Non Terroristi" (P.C.N.T). In english this translates to "Concerned Urbanites Not Terrorists". The first reation of the P.C.N.T. was to forcibly sieze the entire Northern side of the river and destroy all but one of the connections between the North and South.

The newly created Route 2 along the coast (designed to open up the remaining region) has been cut as has the main railway line. The P.C.N.T. have set fire to wide swathe of land to ensure that the connections cannot easily be repaired.

The remaining connection along Route 10 is guarded by two checkpoints: one on the island bridge and the other on the immediate northen edge of the river

Sensing an immediate threat to its people from the P.C.N.T., the prosperous city north of the river ordered a curfew: here you can see patrol cars driving the deserted streets.

The first priority for the South (after decreeing that the separatists - the P.C.N.T.- NEVER be referred to by their English transliterated acronym) was to secure additional water security - for, while the North had not yet destroyed the connection to the city and industrial areas; such large populations could not last long without fresh water. A Water Tower is placed in the city and anew storage area is partitioned at the base of the knoll on Tile I

I have chosen to govern the southern side of Bordertown. With its superior infrastructure, it should be well poised to meet future challenges.

To ensure the sP.C.N.T. (who occupy the relatively under-developed, largely rural northern side of region) regret their choice and to undermine any support of its people, the Office of Communication has prepared the following propaganda shots for the northern inhabitants to be air-dropped as leaflets:

The final image shows the new road, the areas that have been destroyed and the new utilities of the now separated BorderTown region:

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Splime

Wow, your city grew a lot since the last challenge... and it looks just as nice!  :thumbsup:

jmyers2043

I like how you set the fires to create a no mans land break in the trees. It gave me a good chuckle looking at those screen grabs and I thought to myself "why didn't I think of that?" 

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

newsimaddict

the uniformity of your houses / fire station / general style is very nice. it looks like as if the town was all built in the same period (if that makes sense), nice w2w work.

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

First of all,posting rules were not respected and one penalty point was given for posting too many pictures. In challenge 3, chapter 2 it said "A few pictures (3 minimum and 5 maximum) in any mayorview", but you have overlimited it with 14 pictures. We know you had a lot to show, but there will be other times that you could have done it. Please next time respect the posting rules, especially concerning the quantity of pictures. We want this to be equal and many pictures like this take a lot of our time also. Thank you and good luck.
Fred

A.  It was an excellent idea for the location of route 2 giving it access to five more tiles. Excellent. We gave you 5 points for the route challenge.
B.   A good idea to have used the heavy machinery and the fires to block the road, something surely worth scaring most intruders away. The road blocage is somewhat regular and therefor we gave you 4 points for the cutoffs challenge.
C.   We only took five pictures for the judging since it was the maximum asked for. Your town has nicely grown and looks very, very nice and so european. We liked your w2w's and the oldstyle looks of the building arrangements. Excellent job on what you have been doing in your region and we gave you 5 points for regional works.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge. (14 earned pts - 1 penalty pt = 13)

Your town looks great, new and old mixed like this is wonderfully done. Good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge