• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

zz's Tribulations in Bordertown

Started by zzsteven, April 19, 2009, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zzsteven

Hi, my name is zz. Thank you for letting me participate Mr B, I'm looking foward to learning how to build a good looking city and having fun at the same time.

zz

zzsteven

I haven't posted images on a forum in a couple of years. Please bear with me if they aren't right the first time, I will get it.

Challenge 1

The regional view of Route 10 and the railroad:

Tile B:

Okayyyy let's see if this worked.

zz

zzsteven

Challenge 2

I only took one picture of the power and water. Trying to get caught up with everyone else.

Power:

Water:

These are both in tile B.

Region view:

The road runs where it runs because it needed to be there. That section of the region was roadless.

zz

Pat

zz looking good here and welcome to the unofficial players!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

zzsteven

mrbisonm

Ok, your challenge 1 is now noted and will be non-officially judged. You will receive your points right here in your thread and also final points will be shown on the official pointage sheet on the bottom line. Good luck.
We'll be waiting for your second challenge soon.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

zzsteven

Thank you Mr B. Uhmm Challenge 2 is up there. :)

zz

zzsteven

Challenge 3

The region view:

I chose the northern half; the terrain was more suited to some mods I want to download and try out.  There are so many mods, I feel like a kid in a candy store at the moment.

The river crossings:

The railroad bridge in tile D-

There were few resources available and some fallen logs were dragged out of the nearby forest. The train engineer would be a fool to try to run that barricade.

The road bridge in tile L-

The local farmers are up in arms and supporting the rebellion.

A small village in South Bordertown ( tile H)

Another small village on the northern side of the river tile A

Finally my third village located in tile B

Not sure which, or if either, of these two will be my main city. It all depends on how the villages develop.

zz

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

zz........Sorry I forgot to mention the challenge 3 instead of 2 up there (my mistake). The words above in this post are the same as we send to everyone else officially. These mean that we have acknowledged your upload and downloaded all pictures to be judged.
Anyways, nice going and we will give you a reply to all your three challenges in a few days and hopefully some other members (or non-members) will do so too. Good luck.

Fred/mrb

jmyers2043

Hello ZZ

QuoteThere are so many mods, I feel like a kid in a candy store at the moment

Welcome to the candy store and welcome to SC4Devotion. I don't usually don't play with the emphasis on close up details and I've been around for a while. But I, like you, am enjoying downloading and batting new stuff to create nice looking bordertown screen grabs

I liked your use of the sheep to create a blockade. Nice little villages too. You'll fit in just fine and dandy with the rest of us 'Sim Farmers'

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

zzsteven

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the welcome.

After getting over the huge skyscraper phase, I realized the rural scenes were more to my taste.

zz

zzsteven

A few pics of what I've been doing:

Region view

Ardmore Tile A

B Tile B I haven't found a name for it yet. Home of the Big John Mine with the annoying song...... mine soon to be replaced as soon as a suitable replacement is found.

Casper Tile C

Falsmouth Tile F Current

Falsmouth before with to much pollution

Falsmouth whales. There's three of them.

I hope the whales showed up. Just a few pics to show

zz

mrbisonm

Yap, the whales show up. We will judge yours and the other "non-officials" next week when I come back from my business trip to europe.

One thing about your pictures: I recommend that you turn off the grid (hit the "G" key on your keyboard) before you take pictures, because we randomly judge some challenges for this and some other stuff.

Good luck

Fred

frostwolf

From General D. Wolf, Army of the Tilamook Republic:

The Tilamook Republic has chosen to expand into the southern half of tile E. Please construct the following to accomadate those fleeing the north:

-A small checkpoint, with a watchtower, just south of the road bridge
-A village of not less than 300 people in the Southeast, with access to the road bridge and rail line. This village is to be centered around a plaza with the requisite monument to our cause, and is to have a building that may serve as a center of government.
-Environmentally healthy power plant, preferably geothermal power.
-Water pump or tower providing plenty of water for future settlement, plus small water treatment facility
-Police, fire, health, and school facilities
-At least 20 farms, preferably more slightly larger than those in tile G, across the region
-Road bridge across the tributary river to the Southwest, and road connection to tile D
-On the west bank of the tributary, a small industrial district.
-Landfill in sw corner, at least 4x4, with street access.

Request following images to prove completion of task
-Full City view
-Full city zone view

Your assistance in the peaceful transfer of power in the south is greatly appreciated.

Yours, etc.
General David Wolf

zzsteven

To General Wolf:

Your communication has been received. We have one question about the "requisite monument"; this is in addition to the one required by the challenge to be built in our territory?
We shall begin construction of the other buildings immediately.

Regards

frostwolf

Sure, why not? Call it Freedom Plaza or somesuch. ;)

lynncanox

Judgements

Challenge1

Since you had the advantage to build the roads and rails after you have seen our judgements, we will judge you a little harder for the first two challenges.

You have chosen a good place to cross the river for both road and rail and also ran you route through a good path.
We gave you 4 points for the rails and 5 points for the route.

A total of 9 points were credited to your total score.

Excellent work.

Lynn and Fred

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge 2

A.   The second route was quite well planned, but the river crossing is at its largest, you could have chosen to build the bridge closer to the F tile. We gave you 4 points for the route challenge.
B. and C. Both water and power lots are poorly excecuted and plopped in the middle of nowhere without really having planned it out thoroughly, plus the workers home have not yet been built (zonage doesn't count). We gave you 3 points for the waterchallenge and 3 points for the powerchallenge with both being on the lower rim of 3.

A total of 10 points were credited to your total score.

Putting in some more effort into building things will surely bring you more points.

Lynn and Fred

----------------------------------------------------------------

Challenge 3

A.  The last official route was layed in a proper part of the region but not quite as perfect as it should have been. We gave you 4 points for the route challenge.
B.  Blocking the road with sheep was quite hilarious, not a logical idea, but we had a good laugh. Your rails are simple but effectively interupted. We gave you 4 points for the cutoff challenge.
C.  The actual overview of your region is a little less than we expected, but still good. Your town (village) is just starting, but please wait until zones are all grown before taking pictures the next time, it doesn't look good in your challenge at all when showing halfdone works. The farms are ok, could use different sizes and shapes though, try to work on that for better points the next time. We gave you 3 points for the regional works challenge.

A total of 11 points were credited to your total score

Again putting in some more time and creating more details and variety, you will be adding more points to your region. Good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred

All your points and your name will be added to the Pointagesheet the next time that it will be updated.
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

zzsteven

Challenge 4

PART1- My orders to frostwolf with clarifications:

Mayor Badger,

As the representative of the Southern Council of ROwdey UNDesireables and Righteous LowlifeS I would like to thank you and your police forces for the restrain shown during the recent troubles. The council expects this restraint will continue. It is our hope to avoid further escalation which will lead to possible bloodshed.

In the spirit of coexisting together we have a few requests for the development of Oak River ( Tile H):

1- Zone an adequate amount of industrial to accomadate the citizens of Bridgetown and Oak River.
2- Zone some commercial to give the residents a place to aquire needed services.
3- Zone additional residential to foster growth in Grand County but not more than the jobs will allow.
4- Adequate power, water, and garbage disposal resources are to be provided.
5- Police, fire, health, and educational facilities are to be built as needed to promote the growth and wellbeing of the citytile.
6- Provide adequate road/rail/ mass transit transportation as required to provide timely and uncongested movement.

The ratio of RCI is left to you as is the building of parks and other items to foster desirability.

Mr. Mayor please do not misconstrue our attempt for a civil conversation as a sign of weakness, we will bare our fangs if required.

Respectfully,

Stephen Blumrath

To County Supervisor Badger:

Sir,

The council realizes it is lacking in basic information regarding the infrastructure and zoning of Grand County. As a result we request the following:

1- An aerial picture of Oak River.
  2- An aerial picture of Bridgetown showing the current zoning.
  3- A description of the power and water connections made to the various city tiles. The current agreements between the citytiles will also be needed.

The councils plans are to turn Bridgetown into a center of commerce the world will envy. Adjacent areas will provide the support for this vision.

-Industrial development should be along the east side of the river. This will also require a freight/passenger train station.
-Residential development is to be of low and medium density with provisions for the future need to increase density as the region developes.
-Road requirements are covered under item #6.
-The connection of water pipes with Fortuna is agreed to.
-As Fortuna is currently outside of our realm of responsability do not increase the budget to accomadate them yet. Per item #4 the budget shall be appropiate to the demands of Oak River and Bridgetown.

Respectfully,
Stephen Blumrath
Southern Council of ROwdy UNDesirables and RightEous Lowlifes

OOC:  Regarding the funding in Bridgetown: According to the rules I am only permitted to work in one tile. This presents a bit of a problem since the schools and hospitals are in the southern territory. I would say no, neither of us are allowed to do anything in the south part of Bridgetown at this time.

I can't wait (and dread) to see what you have in store for me LOL

zz

PART 2- 3 to 5 pics of fulfillment of orders

4.1 Full city view per orders:

4.2 Full city zone view per orders:

4.3 Southeast quad of rebel territory:

4.4 Southwest quad of rebel territory:

Instead of a landfill I used a waste to energy plant. It's compact, inexpensive, nonpolluting, and very efficient. If you want the landfill I haven't a problem with replacing.

4.5 Closeup of village :

This concludes the completion of the orders phase.

PART 3- 2 pics of my developement

Lorient (Tile L ) overview

Lorient is currently being built, torn down, rebuilt, torn down again, and rerebuilt until I am satisfied with it. It is a town in flux.

Kanton (Tile K) overview

Started Kanton this morning, it needs more work yet. The railyard is a placeholder for the eventual route into the mountains and connection with the north.... if I can figure how to do it.

PART 4- The monument in Lorient (Tile L)

A respectful word or speech is required by the governer....... respectful? hmmmm Okay

As he walks to the podium Mayor zz ponders, should he respect the wishes of the governer or......

Speech to follow in a bit..... I'm not done yet Fred and Lynn.  Thunderstorm going on and want to post just in case.

The speech:

" Citizens of Grand River Valley, recent events have brought great trouble to our region. As y'all know a small group of armed terrorists have seized control of the southern parts of our territory. With the assistance of the federal government, we have secured our borders and the insurgents have been contained. Further aggression by the terrorists will be swiftly dealt with."

I paused to take a breath and sensed the reaction from the audience was somewhat positive.... not great but okay.. should I continue with the Bush/Cheney theme or....

"We have been given the responsibility of erecting a monument to those who have rejected our values and our way of life. A tower for criminals who have broken the law and put our friends and families in dire straits. Our government has ordered us to build this building in the misguided hope of peace and friendship.... Peace and friendship with criminals and thugs... I say NO! NO! This tower is a testimony to those who remained stedfast in the values of hard work and education. The values you and I have lived our lives on. The values our parents our raised us up in and their parents raised them on... and their parents.. and for generations it has been so."

A pause for breath and a much more positive audience... I turned to my assistant and whispered " call the council together..."

"This tower is dedicated to the citizens of Grand River Valley... the clock is a symbol of the eternal river of time that ties us together with our ancestors and our children and their children and so on...."

Breath.... now for the final act of my political career....

"To the criminals in the self proclaimed Tilamook Republic, I have but one thing to say; Listen to the ticking of the clock... it is the time running out until you're brought to justice."

As I acknowledge the applause the thought becomes plausible.... news from the other regions points to a weakening of the Federal government, the southern revolt has become widespread, several army units have revolted (I hesitated to use the word mutiny) and control some key regions....... I will need the support of the army.... it's possible...... Bahhh just a pipe dream....... but just maybe, just maybe possible.....

"Lori let me know when the council is in session..... a quorum is all we need... call General Runstadt....call the mayor of the next region, what the heck was her name...."

EDIT: Reuploaded pics as jpg's

mrbisonm

Reminder:  Just make sure that you everything within the next 24 hrs (deadline)

Next time, please upload pictures in jpeg, because png's take an eternity to load with our connection. Thank you.

Fred

zzsteven

QuoteNext time, please upload pictures in jpeg, because png's take an eternity to load with our connection. Thank you.

Fred

Okay.... I currently put the pics in the album then, upload to photobucket, then link from here. At what stage would you suggest I convert them to jpg's and how would you recommend it be done.
I agree with you; I have fiber and the time it takes to load my thread currently is a bit cumbersome.... it will only get worse as the challenges accumulate and we have only one thread to post in.
zz