• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

zz's Tribulations in Bordertown

Started by zzsteven, April 19, 2009, 08:13:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Just before when you upload the pics to photbucket, transfer them to jpeg's. That way they should be easier to load, even if you only have one thread. It does anyways with those who have a MD/CJ and they upload the pics to their photobucket (etc) in jpeg's.

Thanks

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

jmyers2043

Hi ZZ

I really like the screen grab titled 'closeup of small village' ... you've done a lot of good things. You've got trees sprinkled about and green space running along side the rail line. The church is a nice touch and fits in with the scene I think.

I really enjoyed reading your speech. The line where you said '' listen to the clock'' gave me a good belly chuckle.

Good Luck with your challenge.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

soulchaser

you can convert even if you only have paint....open the pic and save as jpg.

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

zzsteven

Hi y'all

Have reuploaded the challenge 4 pics as jpgs and moved the older pics to another folder. Since those pics only exist on photobucket now, I'll try to get them back and then convert them. If not it will remain as a broken link.

Hopefully this will make it easier for y'all. Just wish it had been mentioned earlier.

zz

mrbisonm

Thanks and please in the futur upload the pics again in jpeg's, much appreciated.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

JJ

A recent region shot (transport and satelite) would be handy dandy if you could please.

zzsteven

Transportaion view:

Sattelite view:

JJ

Sorry for taking so long to make my requests Mr. Was just a little busy. But here are my demands.

We have noted that many waterfowl are using the land at the mouth of the river to feed and to look after their young. Therefore it is vital for our state and for the future of our children that we preserve such a natural area as well as the marshes and mudflats that surround it. The island that floats in the river looks like an ideal place for a childrens adventure park and campsite. As this site is remote it is vital a ferry service be provided for such a campsite on this island.

Around the ferry on the mainland we wish to establish a small eco friendly village. It should contain a church, a post office, a local shop, wind turbines, about 50 homes, a small community centre and a square for village events. Waterfront property would be ideal but not neccessary.

The short river that runs through the east of our region is rich with freshwater fish. We wish to harvest these fish, how you harvest them is up to you. We have highlighted the stretch of water in our plans.
The village mentioned above should also contain a small sector for packaging the fish collected from the river.

The rest of the northern side of the river mentioned above should be filled in with farms as detailed in our map at the end.

On the opposite side of the river it is noted that there is a rail line. It may seem awkward but we wish to provide those in the small village accross the river with a local access to rail. Also near this station we would like to situate a hotel or motel. This is not too far from the wildlife preserve and the campsite. It is to provide those who vacation to our region with a little bit more of a luxury than the campsite. Some people can't stand the tents but they like the public footpath and the location of the wildlife preserve. We hope the wildlife preserve will become a good place to take children on school trips in the future.

The rest of the southern side should be farming except for a small enclove of woodlands and natural scenery and majestic gardens. These gardens will be part of a new stately home, the gardens will have public access and shall be exquisite. The position of this stately home and it's surrounding gardens is up to you but a small map has been provided of what we wish the layout to be. The map is just a rough idea, feel free to change anything in regards to layout just try to keep the same essential features. It's not very detailed and stuff is missing but you as the landscaper can fill it in.

(If you want me to write it all in a list so you can check things off let me know :P)

Any questions let me know :P

zzsteven

Thank you, if a question arises I will ask.

Uhmmmm You did see this part of the challenge didn't you?

As playing the Separatist, you will give the orders to build on 2 different citytiles in their regionhalf, without necessarily being attached, anything you wish with moderation (please don't forget that last word) You cannot ask to use more than 50 % of the total suface of each tile to be filled with your demands. Make it reasonable and easy. It will be judged with points.

Just askin'  ;D
zz

JJ

Yes. I did :P.
With the top tile I should be fine then cos part of it is your city, the reserve and water :P. So if you want just convert some of the  farms in the south to extra woodland or leave it as open plains :P?

zzsteven

Rules be d@mned, I like what you've drawn out.  I'll build it.  :)

zz

zzsteven

JJ

A couple of questions:

"A childrens adventure park", I don't know what your asking here. An amusment park?
"A small community center"..... the town hall, a specific building, the bar down the street?

zz

JJ

Alright.

A childrens adventure park would be where they can lots of different activities, like climbing, canoeing, an assault course, some slides, zipwire, a fort to play around in, etc. (But you could just build a small playground with a swimming pool if this was too hard :P)(Just some sort of activities for children to do while at the campsite)

And for the small community centre I meant any building what so ever. It really could be a house and you could declare that as the community centre. Just somewhere for people to meet.

zzsteven

Challenge 5

5.1 My Orders
To Supervisor Badger

The council is pleased with the work you accomplished in Oak River. Our original plans have undergone revision and are now scaled back to more realistic goals.

We have decided to build in Bridgetown and E. Bridgetown this time.

In Bridgetown:
1- Adust the health and education budgets as required; future adjustments shall be automatic.
2- Are checkpoints located at the sourthern end of the bridge? If not please build.
3- Extend the rail and road west to the border with E. Bridgetown.
4- If needed, extend power lines to E. Bridgetown.
5- We would like some farms to the north of the new road/rail.
6- Are train stations currently in my part of Bridgetown? If so where are they located? This section may be amended to add them after your response.

In E. Bridgetown:
1- Extend the railroad west to connect with simnation.
2- Extend the road westward where it will tee. The southern tee will connect to Oak Springs, the northern leg will stop at the river.
3- Build a small village of 500- 1000 people.
4- Provide adequet police, fire, health, and an elementary school.
5- Build a small church/ chapel near the center of the village. The church along with a modest village commons will be the focal point of the town.
6- We will need a train station in the village.
7- We would like a couple of small commercial stores in town also.

5.2 The rebels demands

Tile M overview:

Village:

Adventure Island:

Gardens/State Park:

Stately home with "exquisite" gardens:

Train Station with Hotel/Motel:

( I know I went over the max of 5 pics. He ordered things so spread out I couldn't condense it all into 5.)

5.3 Military Facilities:
This was a struggle. I searched the LEX, STEX, PLEX, and every other EX I found for days looking for the right lot to plop. Found little to fit my vision of what was required in the time frames Fred has consistently spoken of in previous challenges. All seem to be fascinated with modern military jets and civil aviation; I wanted a Fokker DVII, a Nieuport 27, a Spad, an Albatros, a SE5a, a....... it was not meant to be. I settled for the very few WWII aircraft to be found.
The military facilities have been built with the thought that the challenge is taking place over a 60 to 90 day period.

Navy Pier:
This is a river map with a small bay or ocean frontage. The river has a shallow depth in many places. Large naval vessels are not only out of place here they couldn't realistically operate in this theater.

Airbase:
I modified the airfield, it is in the plugins folder, the darned thing doesn't show up in the game. Haven't a clue why not. So we have to pretend the fence isn't there. Learned the LE this week, my first lot.....

Ft Myer:

5.4 Border Control

Deerfield (Tile D):

Lorient (Tile L):

Eaton (Tile E):

5.5 Scenic Rail........... Yeah right... How about funny?

5.6 Transportation View

5.7 Sattelite View

zz

jmyers2043

Hi ZZ

I like the naval base. I agree with you about the size needing to be small. We'll see if the governor agrees too  &Thk/(

This is the first time you've used the LE? Jolly Good show you've made of it. At first I wanted to make a grass landing strip for my air force but my imagination didn't think to use the 'off color' grass you thought to use. Silly me.

Very nice update.

Regards - Jim Myers
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

TheTeaCat

Hey ZZ

Nice update. The stately home and state park look really good. :thumbsup:

And if that's the firsts time you've used the LE then you did a pretty good job of it &apls &apls

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

dddirkkk

zzsteven

Thanks. The airstrip is part of the airfield pack. My version doesn't show up in the game.

zz

zzsteven

Challenge 6

1.0 Border crossing
Construction has begun on the new customs and weigh station:

2.0 The strange facination some have with beaches.....
2.1 Beach in view 2:

3.0 The 5 star hotel
3.1 Hotel in view 2

4.0 Restaurant
4.1 Restaurant in view 2

5.0 Region overview

Sorry, I'm not in the mood to add commentary. Will let the pictures speak for themselves.

zz

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!