• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3 - Rebels and Loyalists

Started by jmyers2043, April 19, 2009, 07:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Part 1 - Region Veiw
QuoteA region picture in transportation mode without city/mayor names and borders

The new Route 25 begins in Bordertowne (Tile E) and traverses through Tiles G and H.

Quotea short description why you chose this part.

The short story will illustrate why the South is the home of the Rebels. I will control the North and my partner will control the South (and hopefully will not mess it up  :D  )

South Declares Independence

Bordertowne, April 2009 – Sim separatist's seized control of the bridges crossing the Grand River and declared independence from their neighbors to the North. "MrB has been overthrown and the South is ours!" said southern native Justin T Russell as he busily gathered ammunition from boxes underneath his bed. "Now if you'll excuse me it is time to show them Yankees a thing or two." 

The thing that the rebels want to show is their dismay over the heavy handed policies of the governor's office. He makes us build roads to here. Then makes us build a railway to there. Then he says do this. Then he says do that.  "That really rankles us southern folk a lot" said Daniel M Shiner, leader of the separatists. "We have a group of dedicated freedom fighters plus two tanks and we nabbed them bridges without a shot."   

The lack of shooting is about the only good thing Bordertowne Police Chief, Gene Padrewsky can say about the situation. "It was 3am. We were at the Krispy Kreme Doughnut shop. The dispatcher requested that we investigate an uprising. I thought, uprising? Someone must be complaining about a rooster."

Far from it.  A spokesperson from the mayor's office said the police acted wisely when they saw the tanks and turned around.  "This kind of surprises us" and the mayor is seeking information to the question on everyone's mind - "Where did those Southern boys get a tank"?   

Ebay. The rebels purchased bits and pieces over the internet. A tank tred here and a bearing there. Assembling the tanks in the privacy of Mr. Shiner's tobacco barn. "I thought something was odd when the barn lights stayed on all hours of the night" said Shiner's neighbor, Shawna Mae Jackson. "I just figured he was working on that rusty old washer. Who knew?"

Mayor Jim has petitioned Governor MrBisonM for some help and guidance. Until then the only thing crossing the Grand are voices carried by the wind. "Yah Hoo! The south has risen again! We ain't going to be pushed around no more!"   

Part 2 - Pictures
Quote3 minimum and 5 maximum ... at least one picture of your maintown (whether in your half or the oponent's half and if you have a town on each side we want 2 pics, one each

Aerial Veiw - Main Town - Rebel Side - Tile E

Aerial Veiw - Main Town - Loyalist Side - Tile E

Bordertowne has grown to the east across Whiskey Run - Tile E

Two Rebel Farms - Tile E

Another Rebel Farm - Tile E
A few years back a fellow named Suico uploaded some farm fences at Simtropolis. I've modified these fences for my own game. Using Cycledog, Jeroni, and Couchpotato trees along with some overlay textures. I put the trees into a prop family with some invisible trees. This gives me variety and a random look.

Part 3 - Blockades
Quotea close up picture each bridge

Route 10 looking from the North toward a Rebel roadblock near the town or Dillardsby - Tile D

Railway Blockade on the southern held island - Tile E

Finally - Check points along HWY 276. The road is not cut per the rules. Sim policemen watch the northern checkpoint and the Rebels allow traffic (or not) through the southern checkpoint.

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Jim WoW sweetness!!! I love your military props there and also the rail cut line setup!!! Are those props avaible anywhere that you used to achive both road and rail cuts???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

soulchaser

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

BarbyW

As always, Jim, a very amusing story, especially how the Rebs got their tanks. I see the SNM MM Ploppables came in useful :thumbsup: Super pictures and so typical of your style.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here they are.

A.   Route 25 was probably built to the best available looking at the two other routes, to fill the region. So we gave you 5 points for this challenge.
B.   Although the separatists did the roadblocks in one night and what we wanted to see , and you have built several fences, we still like the cutoff so well that we gave you you 5 points for the cutoff challenge also. Simple things like the police cars on one side and the military props on the rebel's side, the sandbags and the ready to pile logs made us change our minds.
C. The region is developping quite nicely and both towns are looking good, so do the famrs and with them you probably get the highest points available when we get to the farming challenge. We have given you a solid 4 points for the regional works.

A Total of 14 Points were added to your challenge.

Sofar so good, everything is looking just fine on your region and your story was quite entertaining also, maybe a Bonus point (?) Good luck with the rebels.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge

jmyers2043

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)