• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3 - LaMancha

Started by Jmouse, April 29, 2009, 08:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Mayor Hooter Hillcrank must have been up most of the night. He looked tired, and I've never seen him so troubled.

"We are a region divided – it's mutiny!" he said through clenched teeth. "We'll stay here in North LaMancha, though – we'll be safe for now."

The story emerged slowly at first - painfully. Recently-fired employees turned out to be spies, feeding information to a new breed of "pirates" who seize undeveloped land, strip it of natural resources and leave nothing but barren waste behind.

"They've cut off the railroad in Eldorado Branch and Lobster Point," he said, and tossed pictures of both demolished crossings across the desk.

"Those are high-pressure steam lines. For now, they're cutting us off, but they'll serve a more sinister purpose later on. They're part of a quick-and-dirty offshore oil-drilling operation that will pollute the river and everything it touches," Hooter explained.

"At least they didn't destroy Route 10 in Eldorado Branch, but they have it heavily guarded," he added.

South LaMancha was now under the control of rebels who cared nothing for the environment, and the mayor evidently sensed my anger.

"This is a time for creative diplomacy, not mortal combat," he said. "At least we finished building Route 44 as ordered by the Governors' office before all this mess happened."

The overview showed the new Route 44 that branched off Route 10 and went due east through Bacon Station (Tile B) then halfway across Clawfoot (Tile C), before turning south through Flatbottom Creek (Tile F). Heading east through Lobster Point (Tile L), it turned north and followed the shoreline to Keister Mtn. (Tile K), skirted the mountain and connected with SimNation.

With that, he left the job of informing the governor's office to me, so I decided to soften the blow a bit by including a few other photos I found in Hooter's camera.

This shows some of the farm development in Lobster Point...

...there are a lot of cattle ranchers there, too, along with some really good pasture land.

And this is the little school where children tend a large garden and keep show animals.

Then there's a nice little town sprouting up in Flatbottom Creek
. Council members and residents are cooperating to preserve an equitable balance between commercial growth and rural charm.

In the northeast corner, carefully-selected industries provide jobs. The loop seems to be a popular place for commercial services outside the CBD. The Mayor expects rapid expansion in all areas of Flatbottom Creek.

This is a good geographical location, too.
There is a lot of flat land with a fairly even riverbank. Someday maybe there will be commercial shipping development here. For now, though, we must concentrate on winning back the south sector...

Respectfully submitted,

Mayor Hooter Hillcrank

jms

Edit
: Heading east through Lobster Point (Tile L), not Tile E as originally posted.

wouanagaine

Really nice job around the rail bridge  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

soulchaser

All those rail segments lying around....fantastic. &apls

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

Joan looking fantastic here and now your the second that I see with those different gate house there... Where did you find them???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Excellent work Joan. I like the little guard checkpoint station things, and really just your entire rural/low density style. The steam pipes are an excellent touch. It's a creative way to cut things off that keeps in line with the slash-and-burn tactics of the pirates. Sure they're going to build them where they need them and it's an added benefit that it prevents others from easily getting in to stop them. The bits of rail around the bridge is good too. Makes it see, like they were just ripped out and left there. Clever trick.

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here it is.

A.   Route 44 was excellently done, couldn't be positioned in a better place to give complete access to the north-east. Therefore we have no other choice than to give you 5 points for the route challenge.
B.   Very original idea to have plopped railpieces here and there as if they were quickly spattered around by the rebels, but there seem to be too many pieces flying around for what has been demolished. Details of the surrounding are very well done. The pipes are a little strange but acceptable for the railblock. We gave you a sloid 4 points for the rail cutoffs.
C.   The rest of the region has its qualities too. Nice farms and villages, maybe a little unorganized and packed together to be real looking. We gave you 4 points for the regional works.

A Total of 13 Points were added to your challenge.

The details of every picture are nicely done, especially the farms and the cow pastures. Very good work and good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred