• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 3

Started by threestooges, May 01, 2009, 12:55:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

-edit: prior to post being recorded as official- -All pics in this update (with the exception of the region shot) were taken in Tile E.-

Ok... it seems like things are not going as smoothly as expected in the Valley. Tensions rose and boiled over. I can't go into detail, but bsacially those who are rebelling decided to move south and claim that land as their own. Frankly, We're going to stay here in the north. The southern lands may be expansive, but the north is where all the resources lay. We'll see how well they develop down there. They've bulldozed the rail line we worked to lay out, and have erected a checkpoint and guard towers across the river from us.

We have repsonded in kind and built our own. Unfortunately, we were forced to cut back some of the trees around the road to make sure there were no sneak attacks attempted. Fortunately, we were able to use the logs to reinforce the shore to make sure any movements there would be detected easier and make any landing more complicated. For now, we have better things to worry about.

At any rate, they severed the connection after our last major project. Route 5 was built entirely on the southern terrain, running to the west.

Meanwhile, while they go and do their thing, we've begun some agricultural endeavors, expanded our residential capacity and established the First Valley School.

CasperVg

I really like the looks of this, very nicely done!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jmouse

Good job, Matt! The farms look especially nice - which tile are then on? - and you did well on the RR scene. It looks very realistic - as though it was made by folks who used the raw materials at hand.

Good luck in the judging. Can't wait to see who everybody gets as a partner! :)
Joan

threestooges

They were all from Tile E Joan (with the exception of the region shot of course). Thanks for asking the question. Since it hasn't been tallied as offical yet, I went ahead and edited my post to include that little bit of information. I'm also looking forward to who we'll be paired with. I have my thoughts (and you would make a fun partner in crime here), but well see what happens.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Thank you for your update.

We have now taken note and copied the pictures of your challenge 3, it will be judged after the deadline.
Now you can do whatever you wish to do within your regionhalf only, but make sure not to overbuild it comparing to the rest of the region. It might give you some serious problems later on.
You do NOT have the right to touch anything of the part that belongs to the Separatists.

Challenge 4 will be partially given by your adversary and you will give a challenge to someone else. Who will be challenging who and the matter of the challenge will be discussed in the Challenge 4 thread once everyone has turned in their part of this challenge.

Are you ready to be told what to do by a Separatist and a Governor? Good luck and we hope you enjoyed this one.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

Nice Farms there.

Seems like my seperatistic forces have much space;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

threestooges

Indeed they do. Start making your plans (keep in mind the vast open spaces, but limited raw materials) and start making your plans. I'll have the challenge 4 thread up in just a moment.

lynncanox

Challenges are getting harder to do, so does the judging, and we soon need more time to judge the challenges. I know this took awhile but we have been working on it for quite awhile and since our judging is being done separately, we have to bring them together before presenting the final results. Thank you for being patient. So here it is.

A.  Route 5 is done in a fairly good way, giving acces to the southwest part of your region, but you should have made it go through tile H for its maximum usage. We gave you 4 points for the route challenge.
B.   Very good use of mayorplops such as rocks and logs to interupt the rail line. The idea was quite original too. We gave you 4 points for the Rebels cutoffs.
C.   Your villages look nice, loosely built and very rural, the farms are natural and done according to RL also. This is a very good job you have done in your region ,so we gave you a solid 4 points for the regional works.

A Total of 12 Points were added to your challenge.

Nicely done, could have used more invested time. Great job and good luck with the separatists.

Lynn and Fred
judge of GRV 2 Challenge