• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4 - LaMancha

Started by Jmouse, May 01, 2009, 11:09:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

mrbisonm

I need you to show me a regional map in transportation mode, so I can see the zones in your south. It is very hard for me to figure out what and where things have been built in my rebel's regionhalf. Thank you.

General Fred from the southern rebels

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Jmouse

The office of Mayor Hooter Hillcrank is pleased to offer these photos in response to General Fred's request:

We hope the General will be pleased to know that he has a clean slate to work with.

Respectfully submitted...

Office of the Mayor

mrbisonm

With all my respect Mr Mayor Hillcranck, thank you for the detailed map.
Our group will discuss the matter of civilizating the southern region now and I will send you the first plans later this evening. Thank you.

General Fred

mrbisonm

Dear Mayor,

We have included a map of our intentions. You will build our new homes and first settlement in our new region, hoping that you will become a stable and trustworthy friend one day.

You will now be able to repair the bridge cutoff in tile E, which we have chosen to start on. The connection should be fixed and our little Roadcontrol will be installed on the second roadtile on this side of the river (not on the small island that belongs to us also) The lot is attached below and is transit-enabled. If you have any problems with it, let me know, I will fix it. I took regular asphalt textures. You will find it in the Parkmenu, but it has no effects and stays completely neutral. It has a flag with our colours, black and white.

Then we want to build some streets (in white), no matter what kind, you decide, but we prefer the maxis grey ones. Build them as it is shown on the map and do not forget to build a small bridge over the river that will reach the railbridge that we have cut off. There you will plop a watchtower (you decide which) and repair the connections, because we have intentions for commercial and industrial exchanges one day. For now it will serve for the sims only.

Commercial CO/CS $ will be zoned on Mainstreet (as in picture blue) and R$ on the streesides. On the mainstreet they should be 3 grids deep and on the sidestreets only 2 grids deep.(in picture green) It should be enough to generate some 1000 to 2000 sims to begin with.

Power has to be build near the river and water just beside it. Use the Nexis Emergency Diesel Power (link below) and any watertower you like.

Powerlot: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=19991

Also a church for our believers will be build on the Mainstreet and sidestreet corner, near the commercials (see picture) Any church will do, but make it small or medium.

I forgot to identify the Police station that we want, it is orange. You can see the white line starting from the hills below in the picture.  Make it of regular size. You choose the model.
Just below we want a Trainstation for people, no matter what size. It will deliver those who do not want to stay.

That should be enough for today, we will surely meet again, but that is another story.
Myself and my compagnons wish you a long and healthy life Mr Mayor and hopefully one day we will exchange our ideas for your and our profits.
Thank you.

Nexis Road Control BatLot Download:
http://uploading.com/files/CQD7TXQ5/NexisRebelsRoadControl.zip.html

signed

General Fred of the Southern Rebellions.

Good luck!

Pat

Joan wow you got a tough and demanding general from the separatist lol :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Jmouse

mrbisonm

Mayor Hooter Hillcranck,

We would be pleased you removing the fence and the pipes on the rails and reconnect the rails so that we can ship those sims which do not want to stay in our richer southern region back to you. You should build a watchtower just beside the rails in this area, so we can have control over the bridge. The watchtower should be connected with a street or road of any kind with our new village. Route 10 should stay as it is for now, we will control every incoming vehicule.  The rail bridge in tile L will stay as it is also. We do not have the time to control its entrance to the south at the moment, but it will eventually be reconnected one day. If this will not be respected , we will take it as a refusal to our pacific intentions.

As soon as this is done, we want you to move your people out of the area.

Thank you and hoping that our relationship will be on a profitable and peaceful line for both of us.

Respectfully yours

General Fred

Jmouse

My orders posted for The_Hutt: 

Greetings Mayor Nick,

I am J. Mouse, District Commander of THRILL! (Tree Hugging Rangers International, Ltd., LLP!) You may call me Ms. Mouse.

We chose to abandon the South because we couldn't bear to see another tree replaced by an ugly office building or crowded neighborhood. My people are tired and hungry now, however – toting all those rocks around was hard work.

I assure you,  Mr. Mayor, we are in a position to make demands so we have laid out the following instructions for you:

1. Reconnect the road in Tile L and place a small ranger station or lookout tower in the tile next to the intersection. Choose the structure carefully, keeping in mind that we are rural tree huggers who like a more rustic environment.

2. For power, we prefer the Natural Gas Cookery which can be found here. I think one water tower will be enough for now. Position it as indicated and pipe water to all occupied areas on our side of Tile L. As the population within this tile grows, it is your responsibility to add more water pipes and a second tower if necessary.

3. Lay out streets as indicated on the illustration. The street north of the residential area should be changed to a road at the western border and a default connection made to tile F. All other streets drawn in RED should connect to the appropriate highways as indicated, and they should be Maxis grey streets. Streets within the R$ zone should be Maxis grey as well. Within the farming area, streets should be SAM dirt if you have the MOD, otherwise Maxis grey. Lay a Maxis grey street along the eastern edge, following the shoreline and outer edge of the farming area as needed.

Important note: Leave one row of tiles open between the streets parallel to the western and northern borders. Plant trees in the blank tiles (oak, elm and/or shore pine).

4a. You are ordered to lay out a neighborhood in the indicated area zoned R$. Please keep in mind that we do not like grids nor do we like W2W houses. We do like at least 35-60% curvy streets, and we like trees in our neighborhoods, preferably oak, elm and shore pine. If possible, please run the simulation long enough to get past the house-trailer growth stage.

4b. We don't like grids in our farming areas either. We do understand, however, that specific-sized grids are necessary in some cases to trigger the growth of certain farms.

4c. Zone C$ areas in the two locations indicated.
Leave one tile open around the northernmost one (see illustration) and plant trees in the open area as described above.

5. Place a small church within the R$ zone.
Place a small police station and small or medium fire station in a location which provides the largest service area on our side of the tile at the least monthly cost. You may build one or two additional streets to accommodate the stations if necessary, but keep it short and simple.

It is your responsibility to make sure our demands are met to our satisfaction. If you are unsure of any instructions, or something will not work as ordered, contact us at once. We prefer that you post in this thread, however a PM is acceptable with the understanding that it may be copied and pasted in this thread.

Important elements like the shape and location of streets within the R$ and farming zones have been left to your discretion. The manner in which you fulfill our demands should reflect your respect for our organization, our ideals and our wishes...or lack of respect as the case may be. The future of our relationship with you and your government is in your hands.

May all your acorns sprout strong oak trees...

Ms. Mouse

mrbisonm

Reminder:

There's a little more than 24 hours to fill your challenge demands, please remeber this.

Fred

Jmouse

There was very little conversation in the conference room this morning where eight Precinct Aldermen and I waited for Mayor Hooter Hillcrank.

When he finally arrived, he went straight to the overhead projector without speaking.

His first transparency
showed a modest little village in Eldorado Branch (Tile E) and a map prepared by the Planning and Zoning Commission. Looks like we met the rebel's demands within the time limit they allowed.

"If there's any good news, this is it," the mayor said as he flopped down the second transparency. "Access is still blocked, but the General let us tear out those steam lines and fix the rail."
The rebels seem intent on staying in the south sector, he pointed out
"That means they probably aren't going to pollute their own back yards – or ours," he added.  "Maybe we can work with them after all."

The other two pictures showed the location of specific elements ordered and were pretty self-explanatory.

After the others had left, I showed Hooter a few pictures the Flatbottom Alderman had brought with him.

The town has grown steadily to reach a population of more than 31,000 residents. The commercial district is flanked on the east and west by residential neighborhoods. Industry occupies the northern part.

Currently Flatbottom Creek is in a transitional period of growth. We hope the Governor will be pleased to know, however, the area has begun to attract high-wealth families, mid-rise commercial office buildings and high-tech industries.

This is the older section which shares its eastern border with Lobster Point (Tile L). Developers are starting to build mid-rise apartments, and across the track, some commercial mid-rise buildings have gone up. The northern border is occupied by industry where high-tech companies are starting to take root.

Later that evening, Mayor Hillcrank dedicated this park that forms a focal point of the up-and-coming midtown commercial district. City hall is immediately to the west, and the courthouse stands proudly to the east.

"The pioneering spirit
that is the touchstone of LaMancha's ideals cannot be broken," he shouted over the cheers of a huge crowd. "We are unarmed and at peace with the world we live in – may our new neighbors find the same sense of harmony in their daily lives."

He concluded by thanking the Flatbottom Garden Club, led my Miss Minervy Poindexter, for their donation of time and flowers.

Now we are left in the dark to await the rebels' next move...

**Edit: Many thanks to Pat, Matt (threestooges) and Dave (tooheys) for help, ideas and encouragement this round!

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

mrbisonm

Well, now I had some time to look at your works. To me they are very satisfactory and followed exactly as demanded. Excellent work, Mayor. Until we meet again one day.....

General Fred of the southern rebellions

CabraBuitre

I really like that park in the last pic... good job!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  The orders given to your adversary weren't easy and demanding,(just like mine....lol) and very well thought of. 5 points were added.

2.  The orders received were quite well fulfilled and another 5 points were added.

3.  The statue and its park are gret looking and well placed and 5 points are added.

We haven't figured what exacly was missing in your pictures or maybe too much of something, although everything looks good, but there's something that bothered me somehow, maybe I'll find out later. Very good job in general for this challenge and a total of 15 points were added to your pointage sheet.

Fred and Lynn