• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4

Started by mattb325, May 01, 2009, 11:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattb325

%confuso Waiting for any messages from the other side  %confuso

MandelSoft

It looks like your northern half of the region is under my command. I'm planning to do something in Tile A.

Here's the plan:

1. First, you're asked build a powerplant. As you probably know, people need electricity. It doesn't matter what kind of power plant you choose, but just as in Challenge 2, keeping an eye on the envoirement is appreciated. We also need water, so you're asked to build a water source. Again, the choice is yours which kind of building you use.

2. Then you're asked to build a commercial center, nearby Route 10. In the middle of the CBD there will be a park of at least 10x10, with some sort of memorial of Independency of the North. You may choose what kind of network layout you are going to place here (gridded or non-gridded).

3. Furthermore, around the CBD, there's a neighbourhood. This neighbourhood has low- and med-rise buildings. The city must have at least 30,000 inhabitants, and beside that, you have to buildat least one primary school, one middle school, one library, and a large hospital. And I'm not finished yet. You also have to build a police station and a fire department, so that all sims can live with the thought of safety and a certain future. The street layout must be non-gridded, because that's something that the Seperatists like.

After that, you're asked build a train station nearby the current railline. The station must be an ending point station (where trains can get in from one side). The Seperatists have to store the trains somewhere, so you are asked to build a railyard nearby the current railline.

5. And finally, you're asked build some sort of public transport. That's also a part of my plan. Build a tramline that connects at least the neighbourhood, the CBD and the train station together.

So these are my orders. I've left room for choices of your own. I'm whishing you success with realising themĀ  :thumbsup:

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

mattb325

My Demand to mrbisonm:

Now I shall start on mrtnrln's demands :)

mattb325

Mrtnrln's demands

1) Build a Powerplant and Water facilities:

2) A city park of at least 10 tiles squared. The monument was made by a Southern artisan and represents the usurpation of the agrarian lifestyle.

3) Build education, health and safety facilities

4) Train Station (terminus) and a rail yard nearby

5) Tramline connecting the CBD and surrounds

As can be seen, there are 48,000 inhabitants and the street layouts wherever possible are not laid on a grid.

Remaining Challenge IV

The city in Tile E has extended further south as the Southern side of Bordertown experiences huge growth, despite its disconnection from the North

To ensure adequate food production (in case the sepratists order the remaining road to be cut), Tile G has been given over to farming (despite the initial plans for industry)

Lastly, a monument was placed in Tile E, the city most affected by the separation of the two states. The monument is near the town hall and is along Route 10 in the Hope and Unity Plaza.

The monument is of the finest polished stone and an angel holds a cross aloft as she peers to the North.

An inscription at the base reads:

"Reading this Inscription will not re-unite our divided Countries"

270,000 inhabitants now reside in the Bordertown region

MandelSoft

I'm impressed about how you realized my demands :thumbsup:. I'm satisfied  ()stsfd().
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jmyers2043

Super update. Your entry is going to be tough to beat. I like the statue and the round pedestal. Is that something you did for the challenge?
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mattb325

Thanks guys

Re: the statue - I did it a while ago, and I normally use it as a roundabout filler. I made quite a few other sculptures and statues too at the time - I will have to get off my butt and package them up  ;)

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

CabraBuitre

Quote from: mattb325 on May 16, 2009, 03:00:44 PM
Thanks guys

Re: the statue - I did it a while ago, and I normally use it as a roundabout filler. I made quite a few other sculptures and statues too at the time - I will have to get off my butt and package them up  ;)

I sure would like that.... as would many others!

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  The orders you gave (me) were very good and I personally like the way it was brought to me. A solid 5 points are added.

2.  The realization of the demands from your adversary is excellent. One of the best and surely one hard to beat. The quality of effort and time spent on this project makes it almost perfect. Details are just wonderful and we both had a good time judging it with no difficulties. Another solid 5 well earned.

3.  The statue demand is another well tohought out project wonderfully realized and no doubt it earned another solid 5 points.

This update is one of the best for this challenge and also one of the best of all former updates. We added 15 points to your total without any hesitation, plus gave you 1 Bonus point for the details of the town and pictures, the management of the pictures and the finely detailed description. Great job!!

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)