• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4 - Working with the Separatists

Started by BarbyW, May 02, 2009, 12:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

Placeholder for receiving orders from splime.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Splime

This is Rebel Commander Splime checking in, I'll have your orders in soon.

BarbyW

Rayden

;D Oooff, you don't play on duty Mme. Lucky me I have a "pussy cat" instead of you :D

BarbyW

Had to get David out of the countryside and do some building ;D

BarbyW

Showing how the region stands before I receive my instructions from Splime.

Splime

Mayor BarbyW,

We have the following commands for the north of this region:

A) Utilities: Currently we are leeching our supplies from the Hightowners (That's the south, right?). This is unacceptable, and we must build power facilities sufficient enough for at least 25,000 sims. They must not pollute, or we will be just as bad as the Hightowners that destroyed our forests.

B) Trees: As a memorial to the destruction that was done to our forests before independence, you must replant some forests, and make a small trail so that our people may enjoy them. Also, build some sort of small memorial (such as a statue) either along the trail or as the destination.

C) Towns: Hightown's population puts us to shame. Getting a larger population is critical to the international acceptance of our movement, and so you must choose a tile, and build a fairly large town. It should be able to house and work at least 10,000 sims. (This is a guideline, since you may not be able to count how many sims you have on your side if you're building on a border tile.) It is understood that these people will come from people who sympathize with our cause, coming from the south and other areas internationally.

That is what we need to happen. Good luck, and don't let us down.

EDIT: Just realized this all has to be in one tile from the Challenge 4 Rules... So I choose tile A!

BarbyW

BarbyW

Commander Splime, you asked:
QuoteAlso, build some sort of small memorial (such as a statue) either along the trail or as the destination.
Is this in addition to the park with memorial that I have to place in my side of the region?

Splime

Quote from: BarbyW on May 03, 2009, 06:05:07 AM
Commander Splime, you asked:  
Is this in addition to the park with memorial that I have to place in my side of the region?

Yes, us separatists need our own memorial.

Gaston

Gaston suggests:  (In his best Monty Pythonesque voice)

A shrubbery !    And perhaps a little white fence just over here...

:D

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

BarbyW

The orders from Mayor Splime - I refuse to call him Commander - were very clear. We had to build a power facility to serve up to 25 000 citizens without pollution. What he didn't know was that the great GooberGen Coproration had discovered a new way to provide power by geothermal air. The hole was drilled deep underground and turbines were powered by the hot air that rose from the depths. The turbines produced more electricity than had been dreamed of in such a small, pollution-free area. One up for me so far. :thumbsup: ;D

In Lowtown Creek there had been very little logging so his request for more trees was not a problem. These forests on the ridge will not be destroyed and trails have been made so the citizens can walk freely among them and enjoy the peace and quiet. Along the trail we placed this statue as a tribute to the separatists. Unfortunately the picture was damaged when one of my staff tore it out of the magazine we had printed but luckily we found this before he had been able to use it for darts practice. ::)

As there had been no development in Lowtwon Creek, farms were built between the ridge and the river. This gave them easy access to SimNation, to Lowtown Hills and the rest of the land north of the river. Some houses were built for the workers on the farms and a small clinic was provided to look after their health as sick workers are not good for the economy. Later residential and commercial development took place on the left hand side of the river - the largest area of flat land suitable for development in the city. The city soon mushroomed to over 10 000 citizens as demanded by Mayor Splime. This picture was provided by the Special New Aerial Photography Investigative Team - known locally as SNAPIT. This daring group use whatever means of aerial transport they can get to take pictures and have been seen overhead in Larry's chair, hang gliders, helicopters and fire fighting planes in order to capture the events of the city.  ;D

Despite the increase in population, timber farms grew up to help replace the trees felled in the West. A small fire station was placed next to this farm so the trees would not be destroyed either accidentally or by arson. We cannot afford any further problems with the separatists who, I feel, are quite capable of subversive activities to discredit me and the South.  &mmm ??? :-\

As the population grew, they were so happy with my plans that they built me a villa by the side of the river with a beautiful garden and swimming pool. Across the road my good friend Dalene moved in and opened her home as exclusive tourist accommodation. In tribute to the number of trees being grown in the city our good friend Hunt Leuschar asked for a plot of land to build on. We were happy to help out and we donated the land freely.
Unfortunately my council insisted that I allow Howie Hoofer, the owner of a rather dubious publication devoted to images of scantily-clad ladies(?), to also build on the river frontage. I was not happy about this but had to cave in as the bribe price offered for the land was too good to refuse.  ;D  We insisted it was built beyond a grove of elm trees so that we would not be disturbed by the noise from the wild parties. After Howie arrived he purchased - at great cost (we gained a big increase in city funds after debating how much we could extort from him  :D) - two plots of land across the road from his villa for his friends Cindy and Scottie to build on. We don't ask what happens at either place but again they are shielded from our sight and sound by many beautiful trees - these also hide me when I am invited to Howie's for the parties.  :P
This shot from our aerial photographer shows this development in detail.

We Southerners have not given up hope of a peaceful settlement so I ordered the hewing out of a mighty statue from the rock in Border Middle. A scenic road and small walking trail to allow our citizens to go and gaze at this wonder up close were also built. I unveiled the statue to great acclamation with the following speech:

"My friends, we have been cruelly separated from the north because they felt we were stealing their trees. This is not true as we were preparing the ground for new development. These tree huggers didn't understand and cut off all but one crossing point. Now they demand that we develop large communities in the North which is exactly what I intended to happen over in Border East and Lowtown Bay.
I do not wish to go to war over this and this statue is a symbol of the ever open hand of friendship from we Southerners. See how it stands holding out its hand to the north. Let us hope they take note and we can become one nation again. I give you this as my pledge for peace. Look at it as you pass or come and stroll at its feet and hope that we can resolve our differences peacefully."
The thunderous applause that greeted this speech convinced me that this is the right way to proceed. &apls &apls &apls

The south of GRVII has grown and prospered and bears testimony to the careful planning of the council and me. On the flat land many homes and businesses have grown up but there are also areas of natural beauty and parks for the citizens. Trees are not felled indiscriminately and many new trees are planted to compensate for any cut down. The city of Hightown West contained only the new water and power plants with a small amount of housing and commerce for the workers there. It has developed recently into a small city but the development will be kept away from the lakes in the west. We will not allow any development that may destroy that area and intend to make it a protected regional park.

As you can see from the postcard I recently sent to Mayor Splime there are many trees in the residential and commercial districts of this growing city. It now has nearly 10 000 inhabitants who love their city and the tree lined roads.

I hope Mayor Splime will be suitably impressed with the work to date.

TheTeaCat

What a wikked power station.
I want I want  :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

BarbyW

Coming soon to a LEX near you ;D It is currently in testing but so far seems to be working correctly.

BarbyW

All of challenge 4 demands have been met and the post above edited so everything is in one post as requested by mrbisonm.

Splime

Excellent, it looks like all of my demands have been fulfilled... besides the one to call me Commander Splime. ;D

I am interested why you chose a gorilla for our monument though...

Rayden

Quote from: TheTeaCat on May 05, 2009, 09:39:28 AM
What a wikked power station.
I want I want  :D :D

:satisfied:
TTC
And you gonna have it, sooner than you think ;)

Nice work Barbie  &apls

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now, than you.

1.  Your demands to your adversary were quite interesting, especially to get someone work on parts of the building game that he is not quite acqainted to. Excellent demands that we decided to give it 5 points.

2.  Realizations of the demands were done most correctly and a note of 5 points were given.

3.  The statue for the separatists is hilarious and was an excellent idea. We both liked it a lot, so 5 points were given.

Nice going, trying to please the adversary with a hint of sarcasm and a very well detailed update. For this challenge we have given you a total of 15 points and have added them to Your total of the challenges.

Fred and Lynn

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)