• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 4

Started by RustyXL, May 02, 2009, 09:13:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RustyXL

I'm standing by for orders from the separatists.

turtle

"Things change.
It happens around us all the time. Sometimes they change for the better, sometimes for the worse. Often you get the feeling, that everything happens without you being able to affect it. But I knew from the beginning, that this was going to be different. Looking back at what had happened the previous week, I wish that some things had happened differently. I don't like violence, and though sometimes it seems as if it's the only way, it never is. But what is done, is done, and it can't be undone. What you can do, is to change peoples perception of what happened and why, but I'm not going down that road. Not right now, anyways. People rose to stand up against the former mayor, because they wanted something different, and that is what makes this different. This is the People taking over, this is us changing the cause of history.
We will build a better relationship to our brothers and sisters in the south, but first we need to realise the promise of the revolution. I give this to you, our new mayor Tom, because we have great faith in your abilities to carry out the demands of the People, to bring us into a new century of progress and prosperity."

Strategic map

My name is Thomas...

RustyXL

Alright, I'll start working on it right away. I have 2 questions. Is it ok if I route the rail through town like this?:

My second question is where should downtown be located?

turtle

That is a very nice idea and you may change the railroad route as proposed.
With regard to the downtown, I was imagining it being centered around the commercial zones, where the new road meets Route 110.
The strategic map should be considered a rough guide, and I will leave it to you to fintune the details. Of course, I'd like to be consulted if you wish to make major changes.

regards
turtle
My name is Thomas...

RustyXL

Alright thanks.
I've got one last question, is it ok if I move the commercial area a little bit south to the space between the railroad and Route 110? I think this might work better because of the slope of Route 110 in that area:

turtle

Yes, do that. Sorry, I didn't notice the slope when looking at your pictures.
My name is Thomas...

mrbisonm

Excellent negociations! Well done.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

RustyXL

Here's a copy of my orders to io_bg:
Quote from: RustyXL on May 04, 2009, 03:26:20 PM
Dear Mayor,

We've noticed that there is a lack of development in the south. Now that we are in control we can finally give the south the development it deserves. This is what we need you to build:

1. We will need you to build a new town in tile E. It should have a population of at least 10,000, preferably more. Make sure you provide enough jobs for everyone in this new town, the types of jobs are up to you. If you decide to have industrial jobs make sure the industries are non-polluting.

2. Since all the utilities are in the North, you must build a power plant and water supply enough for 25-30 thousand people. Make sure that the power plant is non-polluting.

3. Make sure that the new town has at least one school, hospital, fire station, and police station.

You may lay out the town however you like as long as you meet the above requirements.

Regards,
Commander Rusty

Separatists orders:

Dear Turtle,
I have finished building the new town to your specicifcations, I hope you are pleased with the result.

An overview of the new town:

The power and water facilities:

A close-up of the area around downtown showing the square, train station, primary school, library and fire station:

And finally an overview of the main part of town:

Now for some pics of whats been happening in the south.
Since there are hardly any restrictions to building in the south Agria has grown quite a bit. Here are 2 shots of the western suburbs of Agria in tiles D and G respectively:

One significant thing that was built in the south is this memorial park at the intersection of Highway 10 and Route 110 in tile E:

Mayor Tom made a small speech when the park was opened:
"This park is dedicated to everyone who has been seperated from their friends and family as a result of the conflict between the north and the south. Hopefully this conflict can be resolved quickly and peacefully."

RustyXL

I have updated my post above as my official entry for challenge 4.

mrbisonm

Glad you were able to finish this challenge without too many difficulties again, now did you?. We have taken notice of your pictures and your separatist demand. Thank you.

Now we will take the time again to judge it properly which may take a few days. We will have the time enough to do so since the next challenge will have  two weeks to be worked on.
You still have no right at all to touch the separatists side of the region, but you can build whatever your desire is in your half, of course with fully respecting the general Rules.
Thank you and Good luck. Lynn already started judging some days ago.

Lynn and Fred

jmyers2043

Hello Rusty - I like the park Simple, stylish, concise, and elegant.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

turtle

It looks very good Rusty, it is very neat. I really like the small downtown and station. You have successfully satisfied our demands.
just out of curiosity, is it possible to have a closer look at the industrial area also?
turtle
My name is Thomas...

RustyXL

I posted some pics of the industrial area in my Additional Images thread.

mrbisonm

Judgements for challenge 4.

We have been away from judgements for the summer, first because of some illness of Lynn's mother and then missing some free time, after we took an almost two month vacation, but now we're back judging. Most of these judgements were done since quite a while, but only on paper.
This challenge was a bit harder to judge than others, because orders were given by an adversary, so we will judge it so, putting ourselves in the shoes of the adversary. I must say that we also were very generous with points at this time, something that we will change a little bit for the next coming challenges. Don't worry, we won't start giving bad points now..... ;) Please go and judge my challenge 4 now. Thank you.

1.  Your demands to the adversary were done quite well and we decided to give you 4 points.

2.  The realizations of your adversary's demands were done excellently and therefore earned a solid 5 points, plus a Bonus point for the excellent negociations between you and turtle. (he also earned a Bonus point for this)

3.  Although the statue is not very significient but well done and situated,4 points were given for this part of the challenge.

Well done, although your town is a little too square for our likings, keep it up. For this challenge we have given you a total of 13 points plus 1 Bonus point and have added them to Your total of the challenges.

Fred and Lynn