• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Metarvo GRVII - Challenge 5

Started by metarvo, May 17, 2009, 08:33:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metarvo

This is where RustyXL will be giving me my orders.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

RustyXL

Hi metarvo, could I see a picture of the region in satelite and traffic view?

metarvo

Since a transportation view picture has been requested anyway by the Governor, I will comply with your request.  Here is the transportation view as of the beginning of Challenge 5:

Here is the satellite view taken at the beginning of Challenge 5:

Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.

RustyXL

I have been appointed as the new commander of the rebels and these are my orders.

1. In Tile I I would like you to expand the town to at least twice it's current size. Make sure you provide extra civic services if they are needed.

2. Expand the industrial area from Tile I into Tile M. Make it about twice the size of the current idustrial area.

3. Connect the railroad and roads coming from Tile I to Route 10 and the I.L.R.R. in Tile M.

If you have any concerns with these demands let me know and we might be able to negotiate.

Commander Rusty

metarvo

The challenge seems reasonable, Rusty.  I will begin working to fulfill your demands very soon.  :)

metarvo

Ever since the awful separation, Mayor Metarvo took up the practice of using a Bordertown region map to practice dart throwing, attempting to hit only the southern half of the map.  That's when he said, "Why just pretend when I can do the real thing?"  In fact, the Governor mandated that a military be established for the North.  The North would not attack the South at this time, but a military was needed to keep the North safe.

Although the Route 10 connection already had a temporary checkpoint, it was determined that a larger one was needed.  This would reduce the chances of someone evading security and entering from the South.  Not only is there a police checkpoint here, but a small group of soldiers has also been stationed here just to reinforce the Mayor's claim that "We mean business."

The I.L.R.R. was reconnected on request by the Governor, but a checkpoint was established to stop any unauthorized trains from rolling through.  A combined police and military presence was also established here, similar to the one at the Route 10 checkpoint.

Since the Mayor was chosen to replace the old Rebel leader in TheTeaCat's region, he issued some demands to the TheTeaCat.  Here they are:

Quote from: metarvo on May 18, 2009, 05:30:44 PM
I have been appointed as the new Separatist representative to your region, Derry.  Here's what I want to see:

1. Develop at least 50 new low- or medium-density residential zones in Tile I and provide all necessary services.

It looks like you have some nice development going in central Tile I.  It would be good if you would keep it going by expanding the development.  Let's see at least 50 new residential zones in Tile I.  They can be any tile size and any wealth level, but make sure there are 50 of them.  There shall be no high-density residential built at this time.  Provide police, fire, education, and medical services as necessary to cover the new neighborhoods.

2. Develop at least 15 new low- or medium-density commercial zones in Tile I.

New residents need services, so we would like to see at least 15 new commercial zones of any tile size and any wealth level in Tile INew high-density commercial zones are not allowed at this time.  They should be covered by your police and fire departments.

3. Develop an industrial park in Tile M.

The proximity to the ocean, railroad, and edge of the region make this a prime location for industry.  Develop a good-sized industrial park with medium-density zoning in Tile M.  The industry can be dirty, manufacturing, or high-tech, but new high-density industrial zones are not allowed at this time.  Be sure to add police and fire stations as necessary to ensure that the industry is covered. 

4. Provide freight train access for the industry in Tile M.

If you don't build the new industrial park near the main railroad, you must build a railroad spur that connects to the main railroad to provide access to the industry.  You must also build at least one freight rail station in the industrial park.

If you have any questions, let me know.

While the Mayor was busy building up security in the North, development continued in the South.  Under new leadership, the town in Tile I has grown quite well, making it larger than any town in the North.  Now, that's scary, isn't it?  ???

The region's first major fast food joint has been built in the South, in Tile I's commercial district.  Now, residents can grab a quick meal, even after midnight.

The industrial park to the east of town has also expanded, spreading into Tile M.  The rail spur narrows to one track as it curves to the southeast to meet the I.L.R.R.

The rail spur splits into a northern branch and a southern branch.  The northern branch connects with the I.L.R.R. as it nears the Grand River.

The southern branch of the spur joins up with the I.L.R.R as it leaves the region to the south.

The Mayor chose Tile K as the location for the Army, Navy, and Air Force bases.  The proximity to the coast and the relative distance from the Grand River made this a good place for the Navy base.  To conserve land and promote efficiency, the Army and Air Force bases were also located here.  Here is the western portion of the Army base.  Residences for the soldiers are provided, in addition to parking lots.

Here is the eastern half of the Army base.  Although security is tight at entrances to these facilities, traffic is still permitted to use Cliffs-to-Coasts Rd. (or Coasts-to-Cliffs Rd. as it is informally called in Tile K).  This provides quite a view of the North's military operations, making for a good sightseeing opportunity.  Although high-voltage power lines run through the area, none of the military bases are connected to the main grid in any way.  Instead, all three bases use internally generated power.  The same can be said for water.

The Air Force base is small for now, but should be sufficient for the North's current needs.  Like the Army base, the Air Force base is surrounded by security fencing, and all entrance/exit points are highly regulated.  Separate parking and residential facilities are provided.

The bases are brightly lit at night, providing an interesting display for those who might be driving through the area.  The lights also improve safety and security, discouraging anyone from trying to sneak into the base under the cover of night.  The lights at the Air Force base, shown here, guide planes to safe landings at all times of day.  It should also be noted that the military complex has its own police and fire departments.  The Air Force fire station is shown here.

The Navy base is small, but serves its purpose.  Seawalls have been constructed to hold the Level Ocean at bay.  More parking has also been constructed.

Here is the Navy police station.  The two submarines docked at this base are the North's military pride and joy.

Here is the I.L.R.R., as it nears the coast in Tile F.  A small fishing area has been built in the North Grand River National Park, seen near the bottom of this pic.  Oh, and those Tile F residents still won't give up their hang gliding.  That might cause a problem one of these days.

Finally, here are the two region views requested:

Transportation Region View

Satellite Region View

jmyers2043

the aerial view (picture 5.03) is a super looking screen grab. I like the deep rich green countryside and how the pine forest compliments it. But it's the fog that really makes the shot.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.
1. The reconnection of the lines and routes to your rebels were done perfectly and as demanded and securily organized. No other than a full 4 points were given.
2. Your demands to the adversary were reasonable and quite well thought about. We gave you a solid 3 points for this.
3. All the rebel's demands have been fulfilled and are executed very good indeed. Again a solid 3 points were earned.
4. You have put a lot of effort into the armybase and well achieved to impress no other than your rebels. Excellent job, one of the best and full 4 points were given.
5. Although a little more details would have been perfect, we gave you a solid 3 points for the scenic rails.
1 Bonus point was given for being ontime, plus another one for some exceptional pictures you have chosen.

You have earned yourself a total of 19 points which is quite impressive. Excellent job.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)