• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Challenge 5 - LaMancha

Started by Jmouse, May 17, 2009, 10:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jmouse

Looks like Gen. Fred has lost his grip, but I heard the rebels have a new leader. Can't recall the name. Aunt-something or other, I think. Guess we just have to wait for new orders. So whoever you are, Mayor Hooter Hillcrank is at your service. For now!

Quote"...and the first thing you do is show a region picture in transportation mode in your new Challenge 5 thread."

As the new separatist leader, you will control South LaMancha.

antn

I guess that new leader would be me, I'll have your orders ready in the next couple of days.

Jmouse

My orders to io_bg

Greetings Mayor Ioan,

Here are your orders as dictated to me by Separatist Leader I. May Rat:

1. Reconnect all roads and rails. Place a check point on both sides of any roads which would permit entry from the north sector. Place a lookout/control tower beside any rail line which would permit entry from the north sector. All incoming and outgoing traffic of any kind will be closely monitored.

You will now concern yourself with development in Tiles F and I. Note: Our drawings are rough and do not necessarily represent true scale. We understand that reasonable adjustments may have to be made in the actual layout. We will leave the placements of roads and streets to you except as indicated on the map.

Tile I: Connect water and power from Tile E. Zone R$$ two lots deep, a row of C$$ two tiles deep, I-M and farm land as indicated on the map. It would be wise to place a few small areas of R$ here and there among the farms to house workers. While zoning, place bus stops at strategic locations.

In the R$$ area, place a small but adequate medical facility, a school campus that will serve children from grades one through 12** and a modest church. Place one or two fire stations so that the entire developed area is protected.

**You may combine an elementary and high school on a single campus, use the DEDWD SchoolSet or implement an idea of your own which satisfies this demand.

Tile F: Create The Mouse Trail State Park in the area indicated on the map. This is to be an area where families can spend a few hours enjoying the beauty of nature. Our only requirements are that two or more fire-lookout towers be strategically placed, and dirt roads/trails be used as much as possible within the park. We do hope you will include decorative elements, but the decision is yours.

If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to ask. All we want is a comfortable place to live, jobs for our people and a pleasant place to spend a Sunday afternoon.

J. Mouse, Chief Aide

antn

These are our demands:

• Plan for and develop a city in tiles E and F with the city core in tile F. Let the city center have a distinct urban feeling, you know wall-to-wall development and maybe some taller buildings.
  • Extend the rail from tile E to tile F and connect the two tiles with at least one road.
  • Build a train station in tile F.
  • Build elemantary schools, high schools and libraries to cover all households in both tiles.
  • Build a collage or university.
  • Full coverage of police, fire protection and medical servicesin both tiles.
  • Make the hill in tile F accessible for recreation. Build parking space at the foot of the hill and on the hill build pathways and picnic areas and other things that would attract people to outdoor life. No other development are allowed on the hill.

Apart from these demands your hands are free to develop things the way you seem fit, maybe if you play your cards right this might be what brings our two people back together and you'll be the real hero. We trust that you will do your best for our people. Good luck!

Jmouse

Gen. Antn, I'm sure we can accommodate your wishes to your satisfaction. Mayor Hooter Hillcrank is mobilizing work crews as we speak. He does have one question, though. A large portion of Tile E is occupied now due to the demands of the former Separatist Leader. So the Mayor is wondering if you want any changes made to that area.

Thank you for your consideration...

Jmouse, First Assistant to the Mayor

antn

No changes is needed in that area as long as all demands are met. But remember that the demands of education, safety health etc. applies to that area as well.

Jmouse

Mayor Hooter Hillcrank has been a busy man these past three weeks, what with the governor yelling orders in one ear, and a bunch of rebels hollering in the other. About all he's been able to do is e-mail pictures for me to send out every which way to satisfy all these demands.

This first one shows all the checkpoints in LaMancha. The red ones on the rebel side are unchanged, but the blue ones on our side are new.

The rebels wanted a city built on their side of Flatbottom Creek, so here it is. They demanded schools and libraries on top of everything else, so I stuck a picture of them up in the corner. The community college is on the left side of the big picture just below the little picture.

West of the downtown area is a real nice neighborhood with a gate where a lot of rich folks live.  We got a good picture of that.

That rebel leader wanted a nice park built on the hill, too, and I thought it turned out real good. Those stone paths were kind of tricky to build so I hope they like it.

The former rebel leader ordered a town built on the southwestwest side of Eldorado Branch, but he forgot to ask for industrial jobs. So we took care of that. Industry is moving right along on the southeast side, and there are a few commercial jobs here, too. Actually some people have set up housekeeping here, so we made sure there was a school and library for them (blue arrows).

The former rebel leader forgot to ask for schools, too, but this new one sure didn't. The town we build on the southwest side of the river earlier hasn't changed much except that we built a school and library to satisfy this new leader.

On top of everything else, the governor decided we can scare these rebels away if we show off some military muscle. Trouble is, Mayor Hillcrank was too busy drilling oil wells to join the army, so he hasn't had much experience with that kind of thing. He did the best he could, though. Here's the new air strip and navy harbor he wanted on the northwest side of Flatbottom Creek.

At the east end of the air strip, there are some hangars for when repairs need to be done, and some extra barracks outside the fence for personnel on temporary duty.

And here's a closer picture of the navy harbor.

The army base is like a little city all to itself there on the northeast side of Flatbottom Creek.

I don't know why, but Hooter decided to put a railroad station in the city those rebels demanded in the south. He's kind of proud of it, though, so he wanted to show it off.

Finally, here are those aerial views the governor wanted.

So that just about does it for this time. I hope y'all enjoyed the tour and come back real soon!

TheTeaCat

OOh Very nice indeed Joan.

I really like the park that you did and the "rich folks" gated housing.
Pretty good military installations too.

A very nice update - well done ( worth a cuppa or two :thumbsup:)

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jmyers2043

Hey Joan

Congratulations on an excellent update. The picture of the park got my attention. Don't know how you did it but it was an enjoyable few moments of my time gazing at it, for sure. Also a nice picture of your high rises down town and the gated community is done well. Very nice update.

Jim
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

mrbisonm

Judging Challenge 5

I finally got around to continue the GRV II Challenges and we will continue with the judgement of Challenge 5, 6 and 7 in the next weeks. Make also sure to read the *speach* that I wrote in the General discussion thread, maybe giving an explanation to all this delay.
How this challenge was judged can be found in the Challenge 5 thread. Please read it so you can judge my Challenge 5 also.

This challenge wasn't any easier than the one before to judge, because we had to look at many different points and from different views. Thank You.

1. All your re-connections are well done and securely enough. We gave you 4 points even if one of them didn't seem to fill our demands entirely, but there is one on the other side that was more secure. (rail in the east)
2. Excellent order were given to your oponent, very well illustrated and well thought over. Good effort. 4 points.
3. Hard not to give you 4 points for this part of the Challenge, excellently completed the demands of your rebels.
4. The army bases are well done, no doubt, but a tiny bit too large anmd big for our tastes. But a solid 3 points were added.
5. We couldn't find the scenic rail picture, but assumed that it would be the last one (before the regionviews). We couldn't give you a perfect note for this because the *scenic* to our means were not quite filled. A strong 3 points were given though. Good work, very logical and well layed rails.
Being on time with the challnge's timelimit gave you another point, 1 Bonus.

In this challenge you have earned a total of 19 points which is rather excellent. Bravo.

Lynn and Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)