• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

GRV-II Challenge No 6

Started by mrbisonm, June 07, 2009, 09:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

*The Vacation...*

Challenge No 6

"Ladies and Gentlemen," the Governor announces in a special public meeting on the Capitol Plaza, where separatists, mayors and the citizens are gathered," We have finally convinced our neighbors to reconsider their futur with us. After long democratic meetings and a lot of pacific discussions, we came to a mutual agreement and that agreement is about to be signed by both sides of Grand River Valley right here in Capitol City. The rebel's side of our region is back under our mayor's jurisdiction, but under one condition. We will have to take care of them to their every needs and keep the borderline intact, controlling both entry and exit from both sides. I myself will see to it that they get everything they need, it will be my orders from now on again that you will have to follow. No more separatists, no more leaders of rebels who will tell us what to do and no more anxiety to see our region getting run by an adversary leader. We now have one region divided into two, but governed by one governor and many mayors. Let's get to work and do our best to get both parts of our region back into unitity and a better economical situation. Let's build a city now!", and the papers were signed by the two parties. The Big Party is on!!
Hereby the Governor put back on his hat and left the stage, leaving the crowd in wild screams of happiness and satisfaction, ready for the allnight festivities.

next morning.......

You have all done a marvelous job in intimidating our adversary to a point that they saw what we would be able to do....if....The intimidations worked and the Governor is satisfied with your work.
Now, Mayors, we have other work to do, but before all that coming work, we, the Governor, his wife and all the mayors, will take a small vacation somewhere on the beach.... Oh, you don't have a beach, you say? Well, create one.

We want to see a beach, but not every kind of a simple public beach, ohhhhh no, we want something very special. It's gotta be better than good. We want a great beach, yes, GREAT. It has to be cut out of a dream, it has to stun the governor and his wife and it has to make them want to go there and spend some days, it has to be.....well u know....one of those, exactly that one you're thinking off right now! Do it so!

After the beach the Governor and his wife want to rest in a hotel, but then again, not that average hotel that you see here and there on most of the streetcorners, ohhhhh no, they want that kind of a hotel to spend their nights in and feel like they're in paradise on cloud 7 (or was it 9?), yap....you heard right, PARADISE!. It has to be so luxurious and good looking that they want to live there forever. It has to be.....yes....exactly one of those which you're thinking of right now. Do it so. You got the idea.

Then when they get hungry they want to go to a restaurant, but hey, not McDo nor Kentucky nor any regular family restaurant, ohhhhh no, it has to be one of those special and luxurious ones, you know, that kind that you want to go there for every meal in your life, if you had the financial ability to do so. The Governor and his wife want to be stunt. Make it good looking and hire the best chefs in the region. Yeah, You're right, exactly that one you have in mind at this moment. Do it so

Governor Freddy Bison and his wife Lynn is inviting ALL the Mayors of the Grand River Valley II to join them for the beach, the hotel and the meals. All expenses are on us!!

Now, here is how this will function. You will build all these three places anywhere in your re-united region to the best that you can, not only to impress the Governor and his wife, but also all the other mayors, because everyone of them will give you the points and will judge you. How about that? Now we have more than just two judges and hey, it won't be like you have judged or not judged by mrbisonm, ohhhhh noooooo, to gain your points you will HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE than to judge ALL THE OTHERS too. You don't judge all the others and you will get NO points for your own update. (just to make sure that you judge everyone else)

Yess, this time you have to judge and will be judged by all the mayors and not by the Governor's couple. We, (the Governor and his wife) are on vacation, remember?.... ;) This is a big change this time and you will be fairly judged by many now, so make it good, no....come to think of it....make it even better than good, very good....no forget it.... excellent, or make it....yeahhh........heavenly perfect! That's the word I was looking for....
We all want to enjoy a beach like this, sleep and live in a hotel like this and eat our meals in a restaurant like this and remeber these moments for the rest of our simly lifes.

Choose well your BATs and Lots, build them in the best location and environment and make it just wonderfully, no heavenly perfect. We will need several pictures of this, mentioned in details below. Each category will get points from 0 to 5, plus one more category for the cleaniness and organization of your whole post. All three, hotel, resto and beach have to be closeby and within 3 tiles of each other in any direction at the most distant, better yet, if you have the possibilty to make them in two tiles or less, do it so. We all hate traveling far from one point to another.
3 (Three) Bonus points will be given to the (1) winner of this challenge, which will be voted for by all the mayors and us, the Governor and his wife. (this vote will be done by pm'ing at the end.) It will be the 6 Star vacation spot of this simyear and we will all stay there for our vacation. The (1) winner will get a special demand to do by the Governor sometimes and unexpected during one of the next challenges.

To show this time in your 6th Update:

1.  1 Picture of any official bordercrossing between north and south rebuilt since the re-union of the region. (show us your best)

2.  3 pictures of the beach, 1 in view 2 to see the overview and location, and the two others in any view you wish.

3.  3 Pictures of the Hotel/Motel, 1 in view 2 to see again the overview and the two remaining in any view you wish.

4.   3 Pictures of the Restaurant/Auberge, 1 in view 2 again to see where it is and the two others as you wish in any view.

5.  And finally we want to see a regionview of the whole region in regular satelite view, please no modified pictures and after you've finished every demand above. Use either the gameregionview or the Region Census view for this. Also please respect the number of pictures demanded, not less nor more than asked for. 11 pictures in all.

Again you are now allowed to play in your whole region and get the population growing, and that anywhere in your region, both north and south. You are the Master of GRV again.
You are NOT allowed to change any federal routes or make heavy and/or severe changes to what the adversary told you to build. Remember, we have a copy of your region. You may though make minor changes here and there on the former separatist's side.
Please mention in what tile you have placed these three structures (Beach, Hotel, Resto)

When you're finished with your challenge you will wait for us (The Governor and his wife) to post the Instructions to judge everyone's challenge 6, and that after everyone has finished theirs.

The deadline for doing this challenge 6 (without the judging) will be Midnight on June 24th, 2009 NY time [/b]. Again 1 Bonus point will be given to those who will post in time and 1 penalty point for those who post after the deadline. Got that? :0 If you have problems with this timing ,let me know.

We are wishing you all luck with this challenge and hope you will enjoy your vacation as much as we will. Questions will be answered below.

Lynn and Fred

Ps.: We will start judging Challenge 4 and 5 this week since Lynn's mother is back home and feeling better. Sorry for the delay.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

soulchaser

As for the hotel. I already have one, that fits prefectly, but haven't shown yet (just in region view). Is it ok to recycle this?

It's hard to find a better place ;)

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on June 08, 2009, 12:33:51 AM
As for the hotel. I already have one, that fits prefectly, but haven't shown yet (just in region view). Is it ok to recycle this?

It's hard to find a better place ;)

If you already have one of the mentioned above, you can use it, even if you already have showed it and if you think it is good enough for the demand, but be careful and remember that it has to be only of high standards and it will be severly judged by every participating GRV-II Player, including the Non-official-Players. (No outsiders though). ;)

Fred

soulchaser

One more question:

When you say beach, do you mean a sandy one or is it ok, when we keep on our gravel ones...because with my terrrain mods, sandy beaches look terrible, especially in region view!

Recently Iced

You might also visit my participitation in GRVII - Bordertown!

mrbisonm

Quote from: soulchaser on June 09, 2009, 01:49:33 AM
One more question:

When you say beach, do you mean a sandy one or is it ok, when we keep on our gravel ones...because with my terrrain mods, sandy beaches look terrible, especially in region view!

Beach = the terrain partially on land and water of a lake or sea.
No matter what you have as a beach, sand, rocks, gravel, pebbles, grass, lava etc , will be accepted and no matter what terrain mod or lot that you use, just make it look ......*heavenly beautiful* as demanded in the challenge by the Guv'nor.

Fred

threestooges

I know you said no major terraforming, but would some be ok to allow placement/creation of breakwaters or jettys?

mrbisonm

Quote from: threestooges on June 11, 2009, 12:03:41 AM
I know you said no major terraforming, but would some be ok to allow placement/creation of breakwaters or jettys?

I don't see any problems with this. Yes, it is allowed.

Fred

BarbyW

You have asked for an image in view 2 of the beach, restaurant and hotel. What happens if all three are in one tile and close to each other? All three will be shown in a view 2 image.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

mrbisonm

Quote from: BarbyW on June 11, 2009, 07:17:50 AM
You have asked for an image in view 2 of the beach, restaurant and hotel. What happens if all three are in one tile and close to each other? All three will be shown in a view 2 image.

In the case where all three places are close together to be seen in one screenshot, then post only one picture and mention that all three are on it, but continue to show us the rest of the images demanded for each.

Fred

BarbyW

Jmouse

Fred, there may be a bit of confusion about the instructions in Challenge 6.

QuoteAll three, hotel, resto and beach have to be closeby and within 3 tiles of each other in any direction at the most distant, better yet, if you have the possibilty to make them in two tiles or less, do it so. We all hate traveling far from one point to another.

Does this mean three tiles as in 1x1 lots, or three city tiles as in Tile A, D and G, for example? I understood it one way, and someone else has interpreted it the other way.

Thanks in advance!

Joan

mrbisonm

Quote from: Jmouse on June 14, 2009, 01:42:16 AM
Fred, there may be a bit of confusion about the instructions in Challenge 6.

Does this mean three tiles as in 1x1 lots, or three city tiles as in Tile A, D and G, for example? I understood it one way, and someone else has interpreted it the other way.

Thanks in advance!

Joan

Sorry, I should have mentioned the word *city* before the word *tile*. I myself call the 1x1 lots grids and not tiles.
I was talking about citytiles , all three challenges have to be within 3 medium citytiles. ex: A, E and C.

Fred

Jmouse

Thank you, Fred. I'll pass this information along.

Later...
Joan

Pat

OK I am rip and roaring to go here wooohoo!!! OK so I need to have a Resort City per say if I am understanding this? 

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

BarbyW

No, Pat, you don't need to have a Resort City but the three places - beach, hotel and restaurant - need to be within 3 city tiles of each other if there are not in the same city tile.

Diggis

Sorry fred, can I just clarify one point?

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 07, 2009, 09:28:46 PM

Then when they get hungry they want to go to a restaurant, but hey, not McDo nor Kentucky nor any regular family restaurant, ohhhhh no, it has to be one of those special and luxurious ones, you know, that kind that you want to go there for every meal in your life, if you had the financial ability to do so. The Governor and his wife want to be stunt. Make it good looking and hire the best chefs in the region. Yeah, You're right, exactly that one you have in mind at this moment. Do it so

Are you saying you want to be a midgetLittle person, or the restaurant run by midgetslittle people?  :D :D

BarbyW

Or maybe he wants to see stunts performed - men being shot from a cannon etc ;D

Diggis

Or Maybe he wants to be the Stunt?  You going to shoot MrsB out of a cannon?! :o

BarbyW

To return to sanity and ask a serious question, I forgot to ask about
Quote1.  1 Picture of any official bordercrossing between north and south rebuilt since the re-union of the region. (show us your best)

As we showed you all our original border crossings now opened in Challenge 5, is this a new border crossing or just another picture of the best one we have already shown?

Pat

Quote from: BarbyW on June 17, 2009, 12:17:21 AM
No, Pat, you don't need to have a Resort City but the three places - beach, hotel and restaurant - need to be within 3 city tiles of each other if there are not in the same city tile.

Thank you Barby and what I think Fred wants from what I seen of say MattB posting is total dismantling of the checkpoints as since they are now no longer needed?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie